Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1.    #1  
    Between these two cases, what one would be better? Leaving price aside, what will protect the treo better? Which one is a better "investment"? I am stuck between these two cases. Thanks.
    "So long and thanks for all the Treos!"
    Global Posts
    789 Global Posts
    I had a vaja and it does offer good protection for a while but as it gets older you have to be careful that the phone does fall out, it stretches a little and the phone is not held in. Mine fell out on more than 1 occation, resulting in me using my lockline insurance to replace the phone.

In my epininion they look great, but $120 for 13 months use??? Vaja will not warranty it either, horrible customer service.
    I wanted to get the Vaja T77 as well, but now that I've read all these different posts talking about Treos sliding out, cases wearing out after the warranty period is over and getting no support from Vaja I'm not gonna hand them any money.

Sena on the other hand has been great. They exchanged my LeatherSkin with the new, non-scratching version free of charge and they even paid for shipping. I punched a hole on the back of my LeatherSkin to match my Seidio reset hole battery cover and it did not void their warranty. Rhonda from Sena was the one that even told me where I could take my case to get the hole punched in the leather.

For the amount they charge for these cases, they should give lifetime warranties.
    Last edited by IsLNdbOi; 06/04/2006 at 05:53 PM.
    I have both the T77 and the Sena....Vaja pink case started fading and getting messed up within 2 months....color comes off if you clean it as directed by company....no help from Vaja.

Seno case fits nice and the snap over the top keeps the SD card in....

Love the colors of Vaja but just not worth it.
    Anyone have an all black T77? Experience any fading?
    Also, with regards to the stretching of the Vaja case, if I ever do get a T77, I plan on hacking one of my silicon skin cases. I'm gonna take the part that covers the 5-way and application buttons, cut that part of the skin case and slip it on my Treo, then put it in the T77. That should keep it tight in there.
  7.    #7  
    So is this the Sena that everyone is getting?

http://www.senacases.com/cart/home.php?cat=405

I think I might just get the Sena. With the amount that I paid for this thing.. I really want to protect it.

I STILL can't believe that I am putting more money INTO/ON the device than I paid for it!! All of the software and accessories REALLY add up!
    Yup, that's the one BabelFish.
    All of these Posts abot Vaja are making me think twice... I just love the way they look, theres something different about them.
  10.    #10  
    yeah, I was really considering Vaja but my wife had concerns about the "top" being "open". I told her that it wouldn't be a problem since they are selling them that way and they cost alot... (so it has to work ).. looks like I was wrong. I think I am going to order the Sena. It doesn't look as "cool" but for the price.. it looks like it will last longer and work better. (plus customer service means ALOT!)
    We should email Vaja links to all the threads about them here. Maybe they'll change their warranty or customer service.
  12.    #12  
    Quote Originally Posted by IsLNdbOi
    We should email Vaja links to all the threads about them here. Maybe they'll change their warranty or customer service.
    I just emailed them.
    Last edited by BabelFish; 06/05/2006 at 04:44 PM.
  13.    #13  
    Did anyone else email them?
    This is what they emailed me back:

Hi BabelFish,

Thanks for contacting us.
    Regarding this "Treo sliding from the case" issue, this is something you should take into account:
    Our ivolution cases are not sewn as our classic cases, and they have a semi-rigid structure. We´ve found out that this "sliding" happened when customers used to remove their devices by inserting their fingers inside the case between the case and the Treo.
    In the long run, this causes the inner structure (which is plastic) to open and sometimes to break, causing the device to slide out.

This is how we suggest to to remove the Treo from the case:
    http://www1.vajacases.com/images/sma...o_removal.html

We´re ready to assist our customers giving them all the information on our products as well as a warranty for their purchase.
    What really helps us give a solution to any problem our customers may have with their cases is their personal experience, their feedback. That´s why we really appreciate your letting us know your thoughts.

Please be sure we do stand behind our products. Don´t hesitate to contact me if you need further assistance.

Best regards,
    Saludos,
    Nora

Nora Stolzenwald
    Customer Service
    www.vajacases.com
    www.vajachoice.com
    Global Posts
    789 Global Posts
    Exactly how i used to do it, the problem is the leather only has to stretch a little and the phone will fall out.

"We´ve found out that this "sliding" happened when customers used to remove their devices by inserting their fingers inside the case between the case and the Treo."

I don't of anyones Fingers that are small enough to get in btwn phone and the case but if you could the plastic would break imediatley , not after a few months? Excuses!

It should of been made with a "safety strap" whatever they say.

** regarding feedback I sent them photo's, they said I had abused to case, which I denied, knowing what the cost of the case was , I know I used it but never abused it.

By the end of Emails they decided was it was "out of warranty" no replacement.(13 months)

After trying to resolve this via email I asked for a phone number twice knowing they are overseas ,which they never supplied, Great customer service they really stand behind thier product!
    Last edited by sjjones; 06/06/2006 at 11:51 AM.
    I contacted Vaja after my case fell off my belt several times....they said the clip was defective...they mailed me a new clip but refused to do anything about the damage to the case from the falls. They stopped answering emails. I will not do business with them anytime in the future. For those of you who do...let me know what happens...
    Both cases have issues. The vaja loosens up and the phone can fall out eventually. The stitching around the screen on the Sena scratches the silver paint off the Treo. I read a thread about that here on TC where someone posted pictures.

There's always the Krusell Classic multidapt. You can get it for under $20 shipped at marquel.com.
    Treo 600 > Treo 650 > Treo 700p > Treo 700wx -> Mogul -> Touch Pro
    You may like to flash, but your phone shouldn't. LED Killer
    I emailed Vaja with asking my they they don't give lifetime warranties for cases that cost so much, and other questions. I also sent them links to forum posts from here and other Treo forums related to problems people are having with Vaja cases, Vaja's warranty and customer support.

This is the response I received:

Hi IsLNdbOi,
    As you can read on the thread, the answer from one of our representatives posted explains why some people's cases tend to lose grip making the Treo to slip off.
    All of our cases are hand made, thus none of them are exactly alike. In addition to that, if the device is not removed as indicated in the removal instructions (http://www1.vajacases.com/images/sma...o_removal.html) this will cause for the case's structure to give in. The device should be held from the sides while being removed and not from its front and back.
    On the other hand, we will stand behind behind our products as long as the one year warranty applies. Bear in mind, however, that the use each case receives will vary from customer to customer. In that sense, we will consider each customer's situation particularly.
    Finally, we are not currently offering any discount or promotion.

Kind regards,

www.vajacases.com
    www.vajachoice.com
    Global Posts
    789 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by stroths
    Both cases have issues. The vaja loosens up and the phone can fall out eventually. The stitching around the screen on the Sena scratches the silver paint off the Treo. I read a thread about that here on TC where someone posted pictures.

There's always the Krusell Classic multidapt. You can get it for under $20 shipped at marquel.com.
    I read about senas issue, they actually changed the design, on feedback from the forum.
    Global Posts
    789 Global Posts
    Vaja="All of our cases are hand made, thus none of them are exactly alike. In addition to that, if the device is not removed as indicated in the removal instructions "

So there is a chance you could get a "bad" one, refer to earlier post regarding taking the phone out the case.

Again the problem could be solved with a safety strap.!!!
  20.    #20  
    Quote Originally Posted by sjjones
    I read about senas issue, they actually changed the design, on feedback from the forum.
    Yeah sjjones is right, if you continue to read that thread, they changed their design in Feb in order to fix that issue. They even sent new cases to those customers that were reporting the problem. (Unfortunately they didn't offer anything about fixing their scratched treos :-( )
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast