Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
  1.    #21  
    Ok, I made up my mind.. I just ordered the Sena Combo Case. I would recommend others to do the same. IMHO I will write back later and let you know what I think of it!
    "So long and thanks for all the Treos!"
    Global Posts
    31 Global Posts
    I just ordered the Sena combo case as well. I used the Sena flip case for my Treo 650 and it served me well, even after cutting off the flip and resowing the bottom to make sure it stays attached.
    Quote Originally Posted by stroths
    Both cases have issues. The vaja loosens up and the phone can fall out eventually. The stitching around the screen on the Sena scratches the silver paint off the Treo. I read a thread about that here on TC where someone posted pictures.

They actually have already fixed that problem.
  4.    #24  
    Well my Sena came in today! There is a thin layer of felt on the inside of the case (on the sides and top mostly). It looks really good. I will let you know in a couple of weeks if it does scratch my case in any way-shape-or-form. I would recommend this case (at this point). It looks and feels like high quality stuff. There are also holders for extra SD cards on the horizontal case. Here are some pics!
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Global Posts
    31 Global Posts
    I have to agree with Babelfish. I have only had my case for two days, but it definitely seems to be high quality.
    BabelFish,

Thanks for the pics. I ordered my combo (All Black) on Tuesday. How long did shipping take for you??????
    Thanks,

Mark

Palm III > Palm Vx > Sony Clie PEG760N > Kyocera 7135 > Treo 600 > Treo 650
    Global Posts
    31 Global Posts
    I ordered the combo cases on 06/07 and got it on 06/14.
    Just got my Sena combo case yesterday. Having previously carried my Treo 600 naked in my pocket (and seeing the beating that the paint job took because of it), I decided on going with a case when I got my 700p. My quick initial observations:

+ The skin-covered Treo fits snugly in the lateral pouch.
    + The lateral pouch isn't as unwieldy on my belt as I feard it might be.
    + Two SD card holders on the backside of the pouch
    + Treo popped into the skin and buttoned easily.

Most of my negative thoughts are on the skin case itself (and might be due to me just not being used to having a skinned Treo):

- The strip of leather between the keyboard and screen really interferes with actuation of the green/red buttons and the "up" button on the five-way.
    - The opening on the side of the case for the volume buttons isn't snug enough to the case which causes a kind of a "puckered" bump on the side that takes away from the visual appeal. It also interferes with efficient tactile feedback when pressing the volume buttons.
    - The leather flap that holds the button top gets bent and creased when sliding the skinned Treo into the lateral pouch (probably has something to do with that snug fit described as a "+" above :-)).

Overall, I'll keep the Treo skinned and pouched for a while with the Sena combo and see how I like it -- at least until there's a Crystal Case for the 700p for me to try.
    Global Posts
    304 Global Posts
    have you guys considered the EB eNOVO case?
    The people buying the SENA combo seem to be after slim, form fitting leather cases. eNOVO's cases would appeal to other people. All EB has for the 700P are pouches and some flip cases similar to Sena's magnetflipper.
    Global Posts
    304 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by IsLNdbOi
    The people buying the SENA combo seem to be after slim, form fitting leather cases. eNOVO's cases would appeal to other people. All EB has for the 700P are pouches and some flip cases similar to Sena's magnetflipper.

I could be wrong, but the eNOVO looks like one of the slimmest options available of cases for the 700p. And the flip is detachable! I wonder why more people aren't excited about it.

http://i8.photobucket.com/albums/a25...o700RL_all.jpg
  12.    #32  
    Quote Originally Posted by yOyOYoo
    And the flip is detachable! I wonder why more people aren't excited about it.
    My first thoughts about that case would be that if you remove the "flip" case, it would be the same as the vaja (aka top open). That can become a problem as the case gets older and starts to stretch. The phone can fall out. Plus.. I doubt that case will really make me want to kiss my phone...

I just wanted to check back in and state that I have had no problems with the sena case. (my wife even bought one and loves hers!). I will report again in the next several months and let everyone know if I have any problems with scratching but from what I can see... it doesn't look like the case will have any problems. I would definately recommend the sena case. Well worth the price.
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12