Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
  1.    #21  
    Thanks for everyone's responses. I do have a SD backup restore, prior to the files install, but unfortunately I added about 10 things after that. Today it is behaving a little better---no resets yet. Will see how it behaves after installing newer updates of Ludus P and D.A. momentarily--possibly a bit instability from these apps not helping matters. As for the "c", yep dr shorthand for "with". It has become the way I write now!
    d
    Not to get off topic, but I used to write in graffiti when I was writing things on paper, shows how Palm has had an effect on me,lol.
    Jimmie Geddes
    Files (2.1 from the 700p install CD) did not work for me at all. The FilesInstaller program works fine (weird to have an installer app that you HotSync over -- never seen that before), but then running the Files app causes the 700p to soft reset (tried multiple times).

If it works for other people I guess it must be conflicting with something. I don't have all that much installed, though, and most of it is the 700p Bonus Software. The only non-Bonus-Software things I have installed that interact with the memory card (without asking them to -- I guess HanDBase and TCPMP willl also do so if you explicitly do file operations there) are FileZ, PalmPDF, PowerRUN, and Xiino, and I don't believe any of those have any code running until you run them (with the possible exception of PowerRUN). The only hack-type applications I have installed are BlokAtShft, LudusP, and VolumeCare.

Oh well, looks like Files doesn't do anything that FileZ doesn't do (albeit with perhaps a nicer interface for some things).
    dan where the hell ya been?? Last time I saw you was back in the Treo 300 days!
    Global Posts
    582 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Dan Harkless
    Files (2.1 from the 700p install CD) did not work for me at all. The FilesInstaller program works fine (weird to have an installer app that you HotSync over -- never seen that before), but then running the Files app causes the 700p to soft reset (tried multiple times).

If it works for other people I guess it must be conflicting with something.
    Yeah, cuz it's working for me.
    If a file is copy protected, you can removed the protection in the attributes of the file using Filez...

If that sounds too complicated, then the easiest solution is to do a "WARM RESET" on your Treo which will disable all sys extension and file copy protections. If you run Uninstall manager after a warm reset, it should remove all copy protected files from the given application without any problems...

P.S. to do a warm reset press the up nav and rest button at the same time....

Current device: Palm Pre
    Device graveyard: Palm Vx, Cassiopeia E100, LG Phenom HPC, Palm M515, Treo 300, Treo 600, Treo 650, Treo 700p, Axim X50v, Treo 800w

Please don't PM me about my avatar. For more info go here.

Restore your Pre to factory settings using webos doctor and follow these instructions
  7.    #27  
    Thanks gfunkmagic,
    the warm reset worked! No more Palm Files program. I now doubt is was giving me issues, but I didn't want/need it and Uninstall only reduced it to an unuseable listing in its file manage--now its gone!
    thanks again,
    D
    Quote Originally Posted by treoneo
    dan where the hell ya been?? Last time I saw you was back in the Treo 300 days!
    Posted a few times as a Treo 600 owner since then (got mine relatively late in the game so I didn't participate in the early adopter posting flurries as now with the 700p), but yeah, have mostly been lurking. Thanks for the welcome back -- nice to see your helmeted puss as well.
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12