Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Results 21 to 40 of 45
  1. #21  
    Does it hiss all the time, or only when you're on a call?

    I have noticed a high pitch whine while on a call with the phone to my ear....but not while just hte PDA is on.
  2. #22  
    I just listened, because I never thought of putting my ear to the phone when I am not making a call, and the hissing IS there (not making a call)
    Treoing & Loving it
  3.    #23  
    Quote Originally Posted by SailRace
    Does it hiss all the time, or only when you're on a call?

    I have noticed a high pitch whine while on a call with the phone to my ear....but not while just hte PDA is on.
    Anytime the screen is on, i can hear it from the phone's earpiece. Maybe it's a sign to get a bluetooth headset.
  4. #24  
    In which case...i don't seem to have the same issue. I've checked a couple more times, and it doesn't seem to happen on every call. I have sensitive ears, and i can only hear it on some phone calls, with the phone to my ear.

    My warranty date is hte 11th, for what its worth. I would consider an exchange if it is that noticeable.
  5. #25  
    It seems intermittent to me, I just made a few phone calls and didn't notice it this time. I have pretty good ears too, so I might be overly sensitive.
  6. #26  
    so I recieved a new 700p today with warranty date 5/8 the screen looks better but the hissing is the same if not the worse. I am returning the new one keeping the old one, now palm told me to send them both back and they started a new order for me.
    Treoing & Loving it
  7. #27  
    Quote Originally Posted by harvs112
    When my screen is on, i can hear a faint high pitched hissing, much like those old school CRT television sets. Anybody else notice this? I don't hear it when using the earbuds, just on the phone itself.
    That's normal, but only when you make it angry. If you hear a rattling sound, it's about to strike...
  8.    #28  
    Quote Originally Posted by gt5l
    so I recieved a new 700p today with warranty date 5/8 the screen looks better but the hissing is the same if not the worse. I am returning the new one keeping the old one, now palm told me to send them both back and they started a new order for me.
    Ok.. i found a somewhat fix for it. TreoGuard! Since the earpiece only hisses when the screen is on, i've used treoguard to turn off the screen while i'm on a call. Now the call sounds normal. I'm 70% happy with this workaround.

    Now all i have to worry about is the flakey reception . I think i'm gonna wait till the 700p's are abundant in the sprint stores then go there and pick out one that doesn't hiss.

    BTW, how did you get a replacement from Palm? I couldn't for the life of me find a support phone number from them. All roads seem to point to Sprint support.
  9. #29  
    I called sales
    Treoing & Loving it
  10. #30  
    you know I am surprised that more ppl are not reporting this I have tested several devices and the phone hisses when the screen is on, try yours
    Treoing & Loving it
  11. #31  
    Quote Originally Posted by gt5l
    you know I am surprised that more ppl are not reporting this I have tested several devices and the phone hisses when the screen is on, try yours
    Doesn't happen with mine, and I've got good ears...
  12. #32  
    are you 100% sure it does not happen, turn the device on then put it up to your ear and listen carefully.
    Treoing & Loving it
  13. #33  
    I get it, I have a warranty date of 5/7
  14. #34  
    Quote Originally Posted by harvs112
    When my screen is on, i can hear a faint high pitched hissing, much like those old school CRT television sets. Anybody else notice this? I don't hear it when using the earbuds, just on the phone itself.
    This is entirely normal. Back in the day of the IIIx it used to be extremely loud when the backlight was on.
  15. #35  
    my 3rd 700p doea not hiss but the screen is very dim let's see what the 4th one will be like (sigh)
    Treoing & Loving it
  16. #36  
    My screen hisses, too. I noticed it right away on the first call I made. Thought it was just when I was calling 'til I tried just putting it up to my ear and turning it on. My 600 did not do this. It is very distracting. My have to try treo guard, but I don't really want a work-around. I want a new fone...but waiting a bit is a good idea. Glad I'm not the only one w/this prob. My friend's 700p does not hiss.
  17. #37  
    Quote Originally Posted by breckbone
    My friend's 700p does not hiss.
    is his screen and/or keyboard better/worse than yours?
    Treoing & Loving it
  18. #38  
    Seems comparible. No noticable difference.
  19. #39  
    ok, I received my 4th treo today and this one is a keeper. The screen is marginally better, keyboard light is 180 better. more importantly no HISSING, I will post pictures of the four of them tomorrow.
    Treoing & Loving it
  20.    #40  
    Quote Originally Posted by gt5l
    ok, I received my 4th treo today and this one is a keeper. The screen is marginally better, keyboard light is 180 better. more importantly no HISSING, I will post pictures of the four of them tomorrow.
    Wow.. so there IS hope!!! I'm gonna get mine replaced then. Can you post the number you called? I keep getting the runaround, and i don't want to deal with Sprint. Thanks!
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Posting Permissions