1.    #1  
    I know Verizon has a filthy habit of crippling features, but usually there is always a work around. On the Sprint it was beeing able to download the sound using Versamail, and downloading it directly to sounds.

The Verizon 700p wont do this, has anyone figured out how to get WAV tones or any tones for that matter without the AID of Third Party Apps?

Truth Is I just want my CTU Ringtone (24 Rules!) on my phone.
    I can get WAV ringtones on my Verizon 700p fine by sending them via bluetooth. I have found a problem where they seem to get truncated around 200k in size (this doesn't happen on a Treo 650). A difference from the 650, is when you send the WAV file it gets added to the Voice Memo application rather than directly put in as a ringtone. Then in the Voice Memo app you can say "copy as ringtone" which adds it.

Midi files sent via bluetooth get directly added as ringtones. I'm still struggling with AAC files. I keep getting "invalid format" error messages.
    Main Phone: Treo 270/600/650/700w/700p/750v/Motorola Q/iPhone
    Tried but sold: Motorola Q/Nokia E61/700wx/HTC TyTN/Treo 680
    Quote Originally Posted by underburn
    I know Verizon has a filthy habit of crippling features, but usually there is always a work around. On the Sprint it was beeing able to download the sound using Versamail, and downloading it directly to sounds.

The Verizon 700p wont do this, has anyone figured out how to get WAV tones or any tones for that matter without the AID of Third Party Apps?

Truth Is I just want my CTU Ringtone (24 Rules!) on my phone.
    That's the same ringtone I'm trying to get to work (AAC). It downloads into System sounds, but won't play. Currently I'm using a third-party app to play the MP3 version of it.
    You know there is a midi version of this ringtone that works fine. How did you get the AAC into the system sounds?
    Main Phone: Treo 270/600/650/700w/700p/750v/Motorola Q/iPhone
    Tried but sold: Motorola Q/Nokia E61/700wx/HTC TyTN/Treo 680