1.    #1  
    I just received my new Verizon Treo 700p on Thursday. Has anyone else had an issue where - immediately after sending a message using SMS - the phone basically seizes up, and becomes unresponsive for a minute or two, before it finally "catches up" and becomes usable again? I haven't had to do a hard reset because of the issue yet, but it happens to me basically every time I send a SMS message.
    what 3rd party apps do you have installed?
  3.    #3  
    Nothing that is related to SMS - and nothing that wasn't loaded onto my Treo 650.

Avantgo
    Filez
    FlightStatus
    RadioState
    Tidetool
    Undupe
  4.    #4  
    I deleted the latest version of Avantgo (Version 6) and the problem went away. I will reload it when I get back to the office tomorrow and see if I can isolate the problem to be sure that it is an issue with Avantgo.
  5.    #5  
    Nope - that didn't fix it after all. Frequently, when I receive a text message, my phone STILL locks up for a couple of minutes and won't allow me to do anything, then it frees up until I send another message.
    650 software isn't necessarily compatible with the 700p. Lots of programs won't run or cause major problems on the 700p.
    Any update on this?