1.    #1  
    I have been with sprint for 3 years and 4 months and I am under contract untill 2/07. I have the 650 right now but I really have my eyes set on getting a 700p but I dont want to pay the Non-commitment price of $649. I want to pay the $399 or less. What I looking to find out is if retention can help me on getting the 700p. I dont want to cancel my service but I really want to get the 700p. I have no problem with extending my contract for another 2 years either. Please help me out and let me know which method is best on getting a 700p. Also does it matter that I get a business discount of 23%?
    I got one for $300 and 2 free A900s when i called and i am not out of contract untill oct 06 and i have 27% disc... Just ask oh yeah i have been with sprint for 6 yearsish. Worse they can say is NO
    Why don't you tell retentions this? There's many threads about this already, so obviously if you look around you'll see that it can work.
    Just be nice and try to get the retentions people on the phone and then tell them you want to get the latest phone and start using power vision and all that junk and you saw it on the site for $399, can I get it for that price through you?
    Quote Originally Posted by Jhowell0o
    I have been with sprint for 3 years and 4 months and I am under contract untill 2/07. I have the 650 right now but I really have my eyes set on getting a 700p but I dont want to pay the Non-commitment price of $649. I want to pay the $399 or less. What I looking to find out is if retention can help me on getting the 700p. I dont want to cancel my service but I really want to get the 700p. I have no problem with extending my contract for another 2 years either. Please help me out and let me know which method is best on getting a 700p. Also does it matter that I get a business discount of 23%?
    As long as you're not rude to them, you should be good to go. I've only been with Sprint 13 months and only had my 650 activated in Dec. I explained I'd really like the 700 and would hate to jump to Verizon to get it. After awhile, I got it for $349, free shipping and activation, and they dropped my bill a little.
  6.    #6  
    So I listened to your advise, I called Sprint told them the truth and they gave me the 700p for $200 and then they upgraded my wifes phone (Samsung A660) to and Samsung A900 for free. They also gave me overnight delivery for free. All I had to do was extend my contract. Thanks for all the help guys!!!!!!
    i jus got my 700p through retentions for 200$ with no effort at all!
    I called *2 this morning. Got to a very nice lady, told her that I wanted to consider upgrading my 650. I had checked my account and it only showed $75 credit available for upgrade. I was surprised because I originally came to Sprint as a customer in Feb 2004 by purchasing a Treo 600. I had upgraded to my 650 in November of 2004 but at full price with no discounts. I told her this irrtated me as I felt I should at least be offered the $150 upgrade credit since I had last received phone purchase credit over 2 years ago.

I told her because of this, I had talked to Verizon to see what I could get out of a switch (I had not talked to Verizon). I said that I told Verizon about needing to cancel my contract with Sprint on two lines (shared acccount with my wife) and move. I said that Verizon then offered me a 700P for $299, plus a $200 credit on my new account with them, plus a free phone for my wife to replace hers.

While I had to wait quite a while for the lady to come back online, she said what they could offer me was a $500 credit on my account, and I needed to pay $150 for the new 700P and NO shipping charge or activation fee. I paid the charge, she got the credit applied to my account and ordered my new 700P. I should have it in three to five days.

I would say I am very satisfied. Once I get the 700P, transfer my stuff (item by item install not a hot sync), I can sell my 650 for $150 or more and the phone will have cost me NOTHING!

for me

for Sprint Retentions

I feel
    jamesalexander (at) compuserve.com
    That is the exact same deal I got. Congrats!
  10.    #10  
    I did forget to mention however, it was a very long phone call. 58 min to be exact.
  11.    #11  
    I dont know if you all can agree but if you are honest, nice, and patient retentions will really work with you. I felt that sprint really went out of their way to make me happy and because of that they can count on me as a long time customer!!!! Hats off to sprint!!!!! Now the impatient count down till the package comes. I wish I would have ordered earlier so it would have shipped out today and I would of recieved it tomarrow but since I ordered this afternoon I have to wait until Thursday.