1.    #1  
    Anyone else get this or know a solution? I'll be using my Treo's Tom Tom Navigator Software, exit out, and then later want to reuse it, and it gives the polite message, "Out of DBCache" or something as such. Anyone have solutions to this aside from Reseting?

I'm using a custom rom, and have no problem wiping out more useless applications if that will result in more memory available for TomTom to use. I got rid of Quicktour, GetBC, and the Handango "Downloads" feature. All small, but I've read about erasing Versamail, or even RealPlayer (I use pTunes Deluxe, so no prob there). Any ideas guys and gals?
    Which version of TomTom are your using? I went back to 5.12 because of that problem. I could run meminfo or something similar to gain dbcache back, but decided there were not any significant differences in 5.12 and 5.20.

I use custom a custom ROM as well. I have removed all that you listed including Versamail and Real Player. I have put some other apps on rom but have left quite a bit more available for dbcache and was still experiencing the problem before going back to 5.12.
    I experienced this also, see TT DB cache error
    Most times, running Quick Tour clears enough cache to run TomTom5.20
    Quote Originally Posted by Dick99999
    Most times, running Quick Tour clears enough cache to run TomTom5.20
    PoweRUN helped a lot.

In case my DBCache goes down to a very low level (check with KeyGTime+), I just fire up Blazer and it will free up at least 7-8M of memory. Guess QuickTour does the same
    I use "meminfo" to clear the cache when i have this problem...works a treat
    AUSPUG Melbourne Co-Ordinator
    Visit us at...
    Australian Palm Users Group
    Global Posts
    293 Global Posts
    This is good to know. I used to soft reset to solve this problem.
    Safety and happiness can only come from individuals, classes, and nations being honest and fair and kind to each other.
    - C.S. Lewis
    Global Posts
    46 Global Posts
    Are you running GoodLink, I have trouble running TomTom when GoodLink is initialized. I usually have to soft reset before running TomTom.
  8.    #8  
    Quote Originally Posted by mad6c
    Are you running GoodLink, I have trouble running TomTom when GoodLink is initialized. I usually have to soft reset before running TomTom.
    No, I'm not running goodlink. I installed Meminfo as suggested, and it works great. Saves me from a reset when I have to use the program.
    Global Posts
    254 Global Posts
    How do you delete RealPlayer? Thanks!
    Quote Originally Posted by PruSucks
    How do you delete RealPlayer? Thanks!
    Custom Rom

But try the soft reset and use MemInfo to see how much dbcache you have first.
    Last edited by jrfaris; 07/04/2006 at 12:10 PM.
    Global Posts
    683 Global Posts
    Reset Doctor works best for me.
    It resets automatically and it is much faster the dbCache Tool.
    JW