1.    #1  
    Anyone seeing any issues with SharkLinks...?

Since my last night download of an updated v1.2.3 of Launcher X, I can't see any newly created SharkLinks while LX is active... when i exit LX, the newly created SLinks are right there in the Palm default launcher and I can see them in Filez...

Filez shows that all the attributes are identical... hmmm

any thoughts? thanks in advance!

G'day
    -jscott
    Hey...

Sharklinks is working with no problems....

I am still using the Palm launcher right now and all the Sharklinks URLs show up on the Palm launcher.

Chuck
    I don't think it's an issue with sharklinks, more like Launcher X. I'm also using sharklinks fine in the default launcher.
    Jimmie Geddes
  4.    #4  
    it's certainly not SharkLinks... just wondering if others were having Launcher X issues too...

hopefully, Tyler will get back to me...

thx

G'day
    -jscott
    hi, sorry jscott i didn't respond to your PM/email. i'll just post a general message in the forums for future reference:

SharkLinks creates stub applications and then opens and reads/writes them to let the launcher know that a new app is present on the device. This works fine for the Palm Launcher, but not for some 3rd parties (including Launcher X). For third party launchers there is almost always a menu option that is something like Refresh or Update Apps. if you hit that, it'll work...

regards, tyler
  6.    #6  
    thx for getting back to me tyler... but, refreshing doesn't work...

i've tried everything... i'll PM u what i've learned thus far from the developers at LX... maybe you can figure out a workaround with that additional info...
    -jscott
    I too am observing the same issue. Actually the behavior I noted is that the first link I created is visible within LX but the remainder are not.

Andrew
    Quote Originally Posted by Grundig
    I too am observing the same issue. Actually the behavior I noted is that the first link I created is visible within LX but the remainder are not.
    Try, when creating the sharklink, to give it a unique code next to the "Unique App" Field and check the checkbox too.

This code is generally a unique series of letters and numbers that really have no meaning. Try for instance z0Ad Yt7X or m4T2 .. or something of the like
    Last edited by g-funkster; 07/07/2006 at 07:35 AM.
    My Freebie Java Widgets (Compatible with 650, 680, 700p & 755p)
    HourlyXCast - Hourly & 7 Day Forecasts! Weather Graphics, Radar Images & Alerts. "When 'PM Showers' just doesn't cut it"
    - RottenTomatoMeter - Movie Ratings, Reviews, Showtimes for New Movies & DVDs
    - TV2Nite - Calendar Events for your Favorite TV Shows!
    I will try that and I "reported" the problem to Launcher X and they are working on the issue with the LudasP Folks. Hopefully a fix is in the works.

Just to let you know its a known problem and they are working on it. Pretty good support for a free appliction.

Andy
    Worked Great!! thank you!