Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Results 1 to 20 of 49
  1.    #1  
    Sorry.. I know this is a minor thing... but woohoo they finally fixed the Call Log application in the Treo 700p!!!!

    When you open it, the cursor starts on the first entry. You can just scroll up and down. Amazing. Also, if the cursor is on Cancel, you can still scroll up or down and it goes back to the list and scrolls. Something that works the way it should have worked 2 years ago on the 650.

    For those that don't know, the 650 would leave the cursor on one of the bottom buttons (Cancel?). You had to press right or left first to get the cursor up to the call log list, before scrolling up or down.
  2. #2  
    The finer points of UI design...

    but on my Treo 650, though the focus is on "Cancel" I am
    able to use the Up or Down buttons to scroll through the
    list (without pushing the Left or Right buttons).
    Last edited by GreenHex; 06/04/2006 at 10:10 AM.
  3. #3  
    How about the info in the call log display? Call duration? On the Sprint 650, you needed an app or a hack.
  4. #4  
    Quote Originally Posted by kdallen
    How about the info in the call log display? Call duration? On the Sprint 650, you needed an app or a hack.

    ShadowMite's hack of the Phone app still works on the 700p showing call duration and other stuff. It also shows a "EV" flashing on top of the data progress arrows icon, which I'm assuming stands for EVDO coverage. I don't know why Sprint would try to hide that. You have to place the Phone_SPCS.prc app into your RAM and it will take over from the one in the ROM.
  5. #5  
    where's a quick link to Shadowmites hack Cha0s?
    -jscott
  6. #6  
    http://shadowmite.com/p-f.html

    All the ones except the last one for Cingular should work.
  7. #7  
    Also search the threads, some members can add custom images to the file.
    I personally have the "iTreo" one.
  8. #8  
    it has a fugly vmail icon though
  9. #9  
    The vmail icon is the default palm one. There is nothing else that gets changed except the Radio on and off splash screen. Is there anything I'm missing?
  10. #10  
    correction...the first one I installed (posted here for the 700) had a fugly icon. the one from SM's site doesn't
  11. #11  
    How do you remove a patch? I want to remove the first patch listed at http://shadowmite.com/p-f.html and replace it with the sprint one. Just trying to install the sprint patch over the unbranded one doesn't seem to work.

    -Using a treo 600 here.
  12. #12  
    use a file utility to delete it.
  13. #13  
    Quote Originally Posted by CmdrGuard
    How do you remove a patch? I want to remove the first patch listed at http://shadowmite.com/p-f.html and replace it with the sprint one. Just trying to install the sprint patch over the unbranded one doesn't seem to work.

    -Using a treo 600 here.
    I usually send it to myself via e-mail and after it downloads you launch it, usually there should be a confirmation to "already exists, overwrite".
  14. #14  
    Quote Originally Posted by cha0s
    I usually send it to myself via e-mail and after it downloads you launch it, usually there should be a confirmation to "already exists, overwrite".

    Just tried that. Didn't ask to overwrite the file when I downloaded it. Even though I gave it the same name as the file I want to overwrite.

    Isn't there some way to just delete the original patch and then install the sprint one? Trying to find the patch using filez turns up nothing.
  15. #15  
    What do you mean by the "original patch"? Did you install one of the patches before? Or are you talking about the one that came with the Treo, which wouldn't be labelled as a patch but the default phone application. A patch is an application which replaces or "patches" an existing application. So if you will be installing one of the patches from ShadowMite's site, you don't have to do anything more. Just install it in your RAM (Random Access Memory) It automatically reads that one first before the one in the ROM (Read Only Memory).
  16. #16  
    I just downloaded it (the first one on Shadowmite's site) and like those added features. Do I miss that big yellow Sprint sign on/off logo - nah!

    You can't delete the original, it is locked in ROM I believe.
    Last edited by bubbatex; 06/04/2006 at 11:46 AM.
  17. #17  
    I really appreciate this thread and other useful ones like it. I have hated that call duration wasn't listed in the Call Log. It's nice to see that this app will do this.
  18. #18  
    fwiw...it's not an app. it's an overlay file that enbales features that are already existing but hidden by sprint/palm.

    I've never understood why they do that
  19. #19  
    Maybe they don't want you to calculate your minutes and see that you might go over. lol Who knows...
  20. #20  
    Quote Originally Posted by cha0s
    ShadowMite's hack of the Phone app still works on the 700p showing call duration and other stuff. It also shows a "EV" flashing on top of the data progress arrows icon, which I'm assuming stands for EVDO coverage. I don't know why Sprint would try to hide that. You have to place the Phone_SPCS.prc app into your RAM and it will take over from the one in the ROM.
    Good to know. That's what I have on my 650.
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Posting Permissions