Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Quote Originally Posted by Fofer
    Option-click the link.
    O.K., that gives me a file called "Original Plus.prc.txt" saved on my computer. It is still a text file of what looks like random characters. What am I supposed to do with that?

(Yes, I understand that they are not really "random", but I don't understand them at all. I did say I needed handholding, and I appreciate your patience.)
    Global Posts
    582 Global Posts
    Rename the file... remove the .txt suffix so it's just Original Plus.prc.

That's a Palm file you can install via HotSync Manager.
    Quote Originally Posted by Fofer
    Rename the file... remove the .txt suffix so it's just Original Plus.prc.

That's a Palm file you can install via HotSync Manager.
    Hotdang! Thanks, Fofer. Maybe I was just being stupid.

It works on my 700p (haven't tried accessing the phone settings, since I have no overwhelming urge for a reset), and it even has the duration info from calls I made more than two years ago on my Treo 600 (I transferred the call log data file from the backup I made before giving up the 600).
    hey guys...i installed the file and now i just want to delete it except i can find the file anywhere on the "delete" option on the treo. is there some other tool you guys are using to delete it?
    Global Posts
    582 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by benzslrpee
    hey guys...i installed the file and now i just want to delete it except i can find the file anywhere on the "delete" option on the treo. is there some other tool you guys are using to delete it?
    I use Filez (it's free,) but there are a bunch of others, like Resco. There was also one that came on the Treo 700p Installation CD, called "Files."

I am pretty sure you can just delete the file, and then do a soft reset to revert back to normal. Can anyone confirm this?
    Last edited by Fofer; 06/07/2006 at 11:15 AM.
    Global Posts
    582 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Dr J
    Hotdang! Thanks, Fofer. Maybe I was just being stupid.

It works on my 700p (haven't tried accessing the phone settings, since I have no overwhelming urge for a reset), and it even has the duration info from calls I made more than two years ago on my Treo 600 (I transferred the call log data file from the backup I made before giving up the 600).
    Cool, glad to help Dr J.

As a Mac user you may also like this cool app: Treo Call Log

It'll take that 2-year old call log and present it on your Mac so you can keep better track of your phone usage. Lots of prefs and calculations so you have a better handle on the data.

In fact, you may want to clear it off the Treo from time to time, as I can imagine it'd get bogged down (slow) with 2 years worth of data.

Treo Call Log worked on my 600, 650, and now 700.
    Well thanks again, Fofer. I downloaded and tried the Treo Call Log you suggested, and it is an interesting Mac application. I am not sure that I will actually use any of this call log info on either my Treo or my Mac, but it is just nerdy enough to be interesting!

I have not noticed any bogging down of either Treo due to two years of call data, but that might be related to the fact that I have other things in my life than a cell phone and have only a modest number of calls in the log, considering the time span.
    Dr J

Palm III --> Palm m500 --> Treo 600 --> Treo 650 (2 days!) --> Treo 700p --> Treo 755p (Sprint)
    KayPro II --> IBM Portable --> Mac SE --> Mac Performa 6115CD --> Mac PPC 6500 --> Mac G4 (Yosemite) --> iMac G5 20
    Any chance of someone cooking up a simple app to add just the call duration to the log?
    The hack works great and adds the duration to the call log but it also causes a reset everytime you try to acess your phone prefs
    Pilot 1000 -> Pilot 5000 ->Palm Pilot Professional -> HP 620LX -> TRG Pro -> Palm V -> Palm Vx -> Palm M505 -> Palm i705 -> Palm Tungsten|T -> Samsung i500 -> Treo 600->Treo 650 -> Treo 600-> Treo 700p ->Centro ->Treo 800w + Redfly C8n -> Palm Pre -> HP Touchpad
    R.I.P Palm 1996-2011
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123