Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345
    Quote Originally Posted by jdoran
    And it needs to be repeated often, it needs to be the squeeky wheel, the noise needs to attract attention, users should not be shy about posting their complaints about the 700p's performance...if everyone stops talking about it, Palm will delay fixing it. This issue should be talked up as often as possible.
    I agree. Palm felt the 650 memory problem in the pocket-book. If this discussion slows sales, they will fix it.
    Quote Originally Posted by AlanG
    .....It is against the "out of the box" software that Palm and the carriers do their testing......
    Perhaps. That said, most of us here buy Plam OS devices precisely because they are expandable with thousands of apps superior to the "out of the box" software. Many of these are necessary to overcome serious deficiencies and limitations in the out-of-the-box.
    Quote Originally Posted by dwman
    I have to thank everyone for contributing to this thread. With the issues being reported here as well as discussions in another thread about a strange "hue" on some screens, I xceld my order for my 700P yesterday. I do plan on upgrading at some point (read-firmware update), but for now, my 650 will do fine.
    For once, GSM customers are not complaining that Palm does not have a new product for us.
    Global Posts
    684 Global Posts
    Treo 650 overclocked to 507 Mhz:

Arithmetics: 776%
    Heap Management: 582%
    Data access: 1495%
    Graphics: 1791%

Treo 650 at default 312 MHz:

Arithmetics: 475%
    Heap Management: 358%
    Data access: 940%
    Graphics: 1100%
    Last edited by aldamon; 06/05/2006 at 07:27 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by bigblue4ever
    please move on to another device...you are wasting message board space...
    That's what the board is for n00b.
    Freedom of some speech in the US, through someone in the UK.
    Quote Originally Posted by bigblue4ever
    please move on to another device...you are wasting message board space...
    Treo users do not just "move on to another device." If you are "...blue..." you ought to understand that. Blue customers did not just move on to another device either (at least not before Akers). They all reserved the right to gripe like hell about every blue decision.
    Quote Originally Posted by cha0s
    I just don't understand the loyalty some of these customers show to manufacturers such as Palm, Apple, Sony etc. I mean these are companies which only care for one thing, profits. It's not like they are giving away their products for dirt cheap, quite the contrary, we have to shell out big bucks and usually still get a half-assed product. I never, ever owned any electronic equipment which I could honestly believe to be flawless. These overpaid executives are laughing all the way to the bank because we choose to accept these terms.

Sure the device might be a bit slow, but for goodness sake, I'm getting 250k dload speed wirelessly through BT with my macbook pro. On ANY machine there is a lag. Programs crash on ALL computers, but they have gotten much better.

Technology is made by people and people make mistakes. Would we rather go back to getting our money from a teller rather than a ATM?

When I got the 650, I too was upset by the lag. So, I sent it back and got one a few months down the road when they fixed it up. I'm sure the 700p will get a fix as well.

However, I do think that it is extremely useable and I question, what machine on the market today tops it feature for feature?
    Quote Originally Posted by cha0s
    I just don't understand the loyalty some of these customers show to manufacturers such as Palm, Apple, Sony etc. I mean these are companies which only care for one thing, profits. It's not like they are giving away their products for dirt cheap, quite the contrary, we have to shell out big bucks and usually still get a half-assed product. I never, ever owned any electronic equipment which I could honestly believe to be flawless. These overpaid executives are laughing all the way to the bank because we choose to accept these terms.

Well I like Palm products but if there were a better handheld Treo, like the motorola Q I would jump ship. I need a pocket pda (and I would like it to be a Palm OS) but right now there is nothing for us on the market. That is one reason you have the Palm "loyalty" which is not really loyalty but a necessary evil!

Thanks for you your comments
    I find that within an app it's reasonably fast with some exceptions. For example Backupman runs much much slower than the 650, no idea why. Switching apps (with the exception of Blazer) is much much slower. Sometimes the lag is around 3 seconds. It is getting really annoying!
    Main Phone: Treo 270/600/650/700w/700p/750v/Motorola Q/iPhone
    Tried but sold: Motorola Q/Nokia E61/700wx/HTC TyTN/Treo 680
    Quote Originally Posted by jazzkids
    Sure the device might be a bit slow, but for goodness sake, I'm getting 250k dload speed wirelessly through BT with my macbook pro. On ANY machine there is a lag. Programs crash on ALL computers, but they have gotten much better.

Technology is made by people and people make mistakes. Would we rather go back to getting our money from a teller rather than a ATM?

When I got the 650, I too was upset by the lag. So, I sent it back and got one a few months down the road when they fixed it up. I'm sure the 700p will get a fix as well.

However, I do think that it is extremely useable and I question, what machine on the market today tops it feature for feature?
    your right the 700p is more usable than the 650 when it was first release
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345