1.    #1  
    I am having trouble streaming audio on Ptunes. When I click on a shoutcast "tune in" Kinoma pics it up. I want to be able to play in the background and cant do that with Kinoma. Please help if you know what I need to do. I have gotten the urls for some shoutcast stations that I want to listen to, but there is no way that I can see to input them into Ptunes. And yes, I have the delux version of Ptunes. By the way, I did searc and found someone who asked the say question, but in the 2 pages that followed his question, no one answered it. Thanks for any help you can give me.

Ken
    if you do have the deluxe version all you have to do is click open and then from the drop down in top right click internet audio, then click new and type in the url.
    Quote Originally Posted by coolstorm92
    if you do have the deluxe version all you have to do is click open and then from the drop down in top right click internet audio, then click new and type in the url.
    I think he means it wants it to default to pTunes when he clicks a link in the browser instead of defaulting to kinoma.
    you can chg file association using resco explorer, what is the extention of streaming files?
    Treoing & Loving it
    Global Posts
    289 Global Posts
    I don't believe you need to change the association. If you install Ptunes Deluxe and you click on a web link that can be played with Ptunes, it becomes the default player, if it is not compatible with PTunes, it will use Kinoma. I found that out when I went to thestreamcenter.com/pda/ and clicked on an MP3 stream, PTunes came up, on a WMP stream, Kinoma came up (but I thought PTunes could play WM files???)
    PTunes can play WM files localy, but it cannot stream it. About Kinoma I was having the same problem, but the upgrade to Deluxe fixed it. You need to do a soft reset after installation.

Al
    Quote Originally Posted by coolstorm92
    Can you post some URLs. Please post here so that there is one place to get them: http://discussion.treocentral.com/sh...d.php?t=115990

Thanks
    Global Posts
    582 Global Posts
    So there's no way to play WMP streams in the background? Can pTunes play any stream in the background? Or is that just for local files? Boy this has gotten confusing. I have Kinoma Player 3 EX, if that helps any.
    Last edited by Fofer; 06/06/2006 at 12:36 AM.
    No matter what combo I try, still Kinoma to stream anything.
    Charliec
    I am running pTunes deluxe 3.16 and file type .pls is associated with pTunes and will play through pTunes if listening via Shoutcast. I checked the association using RescoExplorer and it also shows .pls extension associated with pTunes. Are you sure your registration is for the deluxe version?
    Try uninstalling pTunes via the launcher, then using filez or rescoexplorer, delete any remaining files with name pockettunes or ptunes, soft reset, reinstall latest version of ptunes deluxe (3.16), enter deluxe code and soft reset again.
    Quote Originally Posted by noahas View Post
    I don't believe you need to change the association. If you install Ptunes Deluxe and you click on a web link that can be played with Ptunes, it becomes the default player, if it is not compatible with PTunes, it will use Kinoma. I found that out when I went to thestreamcenter.com/pda/ and clicked on an MP3 stream, PTunes came up, on a WMP stream, Kinoma came up (but I thought PTunes could play WM files???)
    I am finding the exact same behavior, an mp3 stream pops up with PTunes, but a WMP stream kicks up Kinoma. I saw someone mention ShoutCast, and a couple of stations that I checked there, came up in PTunes just fine so I'm not sure if we are talking about the same thing here (or the other thread which is concurrently going on the same topic). Also, in Resco Explorer, it seems to me that almost all the audio extentions are set to PTunes (in the Control Panel/Associations). However, I don't have a WMA extention in "Associations" at all. I suppose I could create a new one with Resco and that might handle the WMP stream, but not being much of an audio expert, I don't want to mess things up when they seem to be "almost" fine. For those that have more knowledge of this, would a .WMA extention be appropriate for the WMP stream? That might solve it.
    Last edited by copernicus; 09/10/2006 at 11:11 PM.
    The only streaming files that play in pTunes are Shoutcast, which is MP3 streams. pTunes currently does not have any support for streaming WMA, although it can play WMA off the SD card.

For any other streams (at least the ones supported by the 700p) you need to use Kinoma.

Personally, I hope that the people who make pTunes include streaming WMA support soon, and streaming realaudio support in pTunes would be nice too.
    Quote Originally Posted by jhoff80 View Post
    The only streaming files that play in pTunes are Shoutcast, which is MP3 streams. pTunes currently does not have any support for streaming WMA, although it can play WMA off the SD card.

For any other streams (at least the ones supported by the 700p) you need to use Kinoma.

Personally, I hope that the people who make pTunes include streaming WMA support soon, and streaming realaudio support in pTunes would be nice too.
    Well, that seems to nail the WMP part of it anyway. Thanks jhoff!

As suggested by gt5l, if all else fails, one could go in with Resco Explorer and change the associations. I believe that that would have a good chance of fixing the OPs problem.
    Last edited by copernicus; 09/11/2006 at 12:08 AM.