1.    #1  
    I have the 650. If I switch from phone to web, it has to start all over on a home web page.
    Does the 700p or 700w multitask so that one can switch from one application to another without it starting that task from scratch?
    Alan
    Alan Mushnick
    the 700w multitasks, not the 700p. Palm OS can't multitask, the way you want it to.
    Jimmie Geddes
    But to be fair, the browser remembers where you were by default, and you can go back as if you had it open all along on the 700p.
    Multitasking? What year do you think this is, 2006? :-)

The Treo 700p is basically running the same core OS that Palm has been using for nearly 10 years.

No real multitasking (other than limited functions while on a phone call).

Oh well. That's what $650 buys ya these days. Save up $750 for the 800 (linux) next year.
    you can however listen to music with pocket tunes while surfing..or even while streaming video with kinoma player. actually with ptunes u can pretty much do a lot while listening to music wether it be shoutcast or mp3s
    Currently, you can have a multitasking OS that's a chore to use or a non-multitasking OS that is very efficient. Take your pick.
    Now THIS is the future of smartphones.
    Quote Originally Posted by alanmushnick
    I have the 650. If I switch from phone to web, it has to start all over on a home web page.
    Not true. Within Blazer preferences' Page tab, the first option is

Start With:
    • Last Page Viewed
    • Bookmarks
    • Home Page
    • Blank Page

Same is true for Blazer on the 700p.
    Motorola Startac → Samsung SCH-8500 → SonyEricsson T608 → Treo 650 → Treo 700p
    Is the question multitasking or remembering the last page we were on on blazer?

I can play music, Navigate Tom Tom and receive calls, IM's, email and text messages at the same time. That is multitasking enoughfor the moment.
    Global Posts
    251 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Scott R
    Currently, you can have a multitasking OS that's a chore to use or a non-multitasking OS that is very efficient. Take your pick.
    Please explain, I have a 700w thats been great so far, I can multi-task with no problems. Secondly, from reading these forums it seems the 700p has multiple problems, espciallly with the 700p being extremely slow.
    Quote Originally Posted by alanmushnick
    Does the 700p or 700w multitask so that one can switch from one application to another without it starting that task from scratch?
    Alan
    As a former owner of a 6700 I must say that multitasking is way over rated for windows mobile..If you had 2 programs open in the background the 6700 was almost not usable..I bet the 700w is the same way. I like a lot of people thought it would be great but ended up finding it a bigger pain becasue of the resources it used. In addition unless you added a third party software there wasnt an easy way of switching from program to program. Keep in mind this was just my experience with windows mobile. I assume a linux based OS could address a lot of these issues.
    Quote Originally Posted by bigblue4ever
    As a former owner of a 6700 I must say that multitasking is way over rated for windows mobile..If you had 2 programs open in the background the 6700 was almost not usable..I bet the 700w is the same way. I like a lot of people thought it would be great but ended up finding it a bigger pain becasue of the resources it used. In addition unless you added a third party software there wasnt an easy way of switching from program to program. Keep in mind this was just my experience with windows mobile. I assume a linux based OS could address a lot of these issues.
    I dunno, i always have IE, Verichat and Outlook open and running in the background (6700) along with my push email (VGSMail), and sms/call blocker with no slow downs at all. guess ymmv.

WMExperts: News, Reviews & Podcasts + Twitter
    Quote Originally Posted by Malatesta
    I dunno, i always have IE, Verichat and Outlook open and running in the background (6700) along with my push email (VGSMail), and sms/call blocker with no slow downs at all. guess ymmv.

Yes mmv..it had to be slow as christmas though..
    Quote Originally Posted by bigblue4ever
    Yes mmv..it had to be slow as christmas though..
    not since the rom update.

I dunno, I just don't consider the 6700 that slow but clearly others do. Like I said, I run that everyday and if it were slow or cumberson I simply would close them out. But in comparison to my 650...doesn't feel that much different. Maybe I just tweaked mine right?

Sure the 650 was more snappy but my 6700 never suddenly 'reset' and for me is just much much more stable.

So it's slow and stable or fast and resets. lol

WMExperts: News, Reviews & Podcasts + Twitter