1.    #1  
    I already bought the 'Deluxe' version of Pocket Tunes for my Treo 650... Will that work on my new 700p?
    Quote Originally Posted by XistBoi
    I already bought the 'Deluxe' version of Pocket Tunes for my Treo 650... Will that work on my new 700p?
    Yes, it's running great on mine (with the exception of the "jumpiness" discussed on other threads).
    <br>
  3.    #3  
    Then what happens to the copy in the ROM?
    I just bought the deluxe verison of ptunes for my 700p, but when I try to register I get an error "invalid registration code entered". I emailed normsoft on this, I entered the code they sent me.
    Jimmie Geddes
    Global Posts
    340 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by XistBoi
    Then what happens to the copy in the ROM?
    With the exception of WinLauncher, which doesn't seem to be able to process having the ROM version and the RAM version of PocketTunes coexisting, the built-in (ROM) version is in essence "replaced" by the deluxe version. The ROM remains dormant in the backgorund, coming to life only if the deluxe (RAM) version is deleted.
    ^ yes. Let me explain - any program in ROM has to be loaded in RAM to be usable. This loading only happens after a hard reset. So, any patch or upgrades to existing ROM apps are essentially in RAM (non-volatile) and will be what is active while the program executes. On a 'hard reset,' all RAM is lost and the ROM app gets loaded to RAM thereby losing any patch or upgrade you did before the subsequent hard reset. Back to square one - this is actually a good thing for troubleshooting or house keeping.
    Palm III > Palm V > Palm Vx > (Sprint) Kyo 6035 > Handspring Treo 300
    > Handspring Treo 600 Oct.'03 > Palm Treo 700P May'06 > Treo 755P Aug.'07 > Pre(-) June'09 + TouchPad July'11 LONG LIVE webOS!!!