Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234
    Quote Originally Posted by bcaslis
    Looks like they updated their list online. The HBH-660 is now listed as unsupported as is the built-in BMW bluetooth for my car. I've only tested briefly but both of these SEEM to be working OK with my 700p. I need to do more testing though.
    Same here. Limited use, but works fine with both my BMW 05 330Xi and HBH-660.
    FYI - I have a Plantronics 320 and Plantronics 510. The 320 is listed as "supported" while the 510 is unsupported. As far as I can tell neither one works properly with the 700p; they both lose their connections with the phone on a regular basis.
    Global Posts
    77 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by uscpsycho
    FYI - I have a Plantronics 320 and Plantronics 510. The 320 is listed as "supported" while the 510 is unsupported. As far as I can tell neither one works properly with the 700p; they both lose their connections with the phone on a regular basis.
    I tried a Plantronics 320 and it did not stay connected either. I had to take it back. I am using a Jabra JX10 and I like everything about it except it has static when I put the phone on my belt. It is almost unusable on my belt if I am in a retail store. That would not be so bad but I am a sales rep and am in retail stores all day. I know alot of people have raved about the JX10 but I have tried 3 different ones and they all have static. If anyone has the JX10 and does not have static with the phone on their belt please respond. It could be my phone is the problem. I hate to replace the phone becaue I don't seem to have any of the other problems (slowdowns, battery drain, resets) that others have reported on their phones.
    Quote Originally Posted by uscpsycho
    The connection won't drop mid-call. The connection will drop between calls when you aren't using the headset. The phone will ring and when you try to answer it with your headset you will not be able to. I think everyone with a 510 has reported this problem.

Last night I had the connection hold for about five hours. That was miraculous. Sometimes I'm lucky to get five minutes. Very very very very very very flaky BT implementation on the 700p and it's inexcusable because this can easily be tested by Palm.
    Thanks for the clarification. I hope someone has emailed Palm support about this so they can review the issue for inclusion in the first firmware update that we all know is coming.
    Quote Originally Posted by 4spammers
    I think I know why HBH-660 is one both lists...mine works for a while, but then disconnects randomly (worked great with Treo 650 btw). So, if you try it out, sometimes it works...and sometimes is don't.

I have a Parrot CK-3100 car kit and it's working great with the 700p. In fact, I had to turn on my Treo 650 before it was detected while the 700p is detected automagically.
    I have a 3100 too, and I have major issues. I can not send my entire phone book, and all the caller id info is wrong. Meaning, it says I'm getting a call from a totally different caller than who is really calling. The 700p has the right info on the screen of coarse, but the Parrot says it's someone else, or a different phone number. Now I have gotten a new Pioneer Navi, AVIC-Z1 with the Bluetooth option, and I am having the exact same issues.
    --
    Brett
    I300->I500-->650-->700p
    I haven't done much testing with the headset, but with the BMW it displays the signal strength (like my GSM 650) but it's either not updating it or updating it randomly. I have seen turning the display on cause the signal strength to change and once I saw it change when I didn't turn it on. But normally it seems to just show the strength of the signal when I first turn the car on and stays there until I turn it off.

Geez, why is bluetooth so hard for Palm? I've been trying a Motorola Q. It doesn't display the signal strength (thanks, Microsoft) but otherwise it's bluetooth performance is flawless. I would understand Palm not being as good, but the bluetooth seems not as good as the 650. I've had the 700p crash and restart twice (with the phone being off after restart) while it was clearly doing something with the bluetooth connection to the car (typing in the code for the last crash showed a fatal excepting in "Handsfree").

Quote Originally Posted by crawform
    Same here. Limited use, but works fine with both my BMW 05 330Xi and HBH-660.
    Main Phone: Treo 270/600/650/700w/700p/750v/Motorola Q/iPhone
    Tried but sold: Motorola Q/Nokia E61/700wx/HTC TyTN/Treo 680
    Quote Originally Posted by pshifrin
    My 700p is working with my 06 Prius. By "working" i mean the hands free profile works, the signal meter is displayed but not battery meter. I didn't try and transfer the phone book as I don't have that many contacts. So, it's working the exact same way it was with my 650.
    The prius & lexus work fine until the connection is dropped, but as you probably already know by now, the connection gets dropped after a while. With the prius, you can't "repair" like you can with a headset, well, not without turning the car off & on again.
    I have succefully paired my 700p with my 05 Bmw 5 series as well as my parrot car kit, in both there is the issue of not updating the proper signal or battery strengh, which is not a big issue. The big issue is that when a call is recieved it shows the previuos call not the current, i am hoping that this will be corrected soon with an update, but if i mention nothing palm will probably never know. If someone does know a fix for the problem please let me know.
    My Sprint Treo 700p does NOT work with my '07 Audi Q7, which totally bums me out. The Treo 650 works just fine, but of course, I gave it away when I upgraded to the 700p. Any knowledge if Palm is working on a software upgrade? There are a few other quirks with my 700p that I am hoping they will release an update to fix.
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234