Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Moto HS-850 paired as handsfree kit
    BT-338 GPS receiver
    Sony Viao Laptop File xfer, DUN

700pInIt
    Palm Pro > Plam VII > m130 > T3 > T5 > LifeDrive > Treo 650 > Treo 700p > 700w
    Holly crap who knew these Treo thingys were so cool!
    Quote Originally Posted by hdtv4me
    The big question for me is - does the HBH-662 SOUND better with the 700P via BT 1.2 than it did with the 650 using BT 1.1?
    I'm surprised you had a problem with sound on your 650. I used mine with my 650 for 6 months and loved the clarity, volume and range. Aside from some drops early on, the sound with my 700p's great...as good, if not better, than with my 650. .
    Sprint 650 --> Sprint 700p
    Agendus Pro/Mail, BackupMan, Diddlebug, Dir Asst, GroupTextMessaging, HandyShopper, LightwavPro, LudusP, MobileClock, palmPDF, PDANet, pTunes, Splash ID/Shopper, TCPMP, volumeCare, ZLauncher
    Quote Originally Posted by sjohni
    Just got my 700p (sprint). Can't connect or even see my Plantronics Voyager 510 within my Treo.

Not Happy...any other Sprint/700p/Voyager 510 users out there?

--
    sjohni
    My new (with WindStop) 510 works fine with my Sprint 700P.
    Last edited by stuartr; 06/18/2006 at 10:40 AM.
    My T700P works with the Kensington Bluetooth Adapter and with the Jabra JX10
    Quote Originally Posted by ChemEngr
    Really? WOW! A BT headset has a caller ID display? I must not be keeping up with the techno stuff.
    Great! Now everyone near you can know to whom you are speaking...
    Global Posts
    77 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by stuartr
    My new 510 works fine with my Sprint 700P.
    How long have you been using this new 510. I would love to get a new 510 if it would work correctly for me. Do you keep it on all day? Do all incoming calls connect? Did you do anything special to pair the two units?
    My Voyager 510 (newer version with WindStop) works fine as well. It does disconnect, but all I have to do to reconnect is press the call answer button on the 510 which really isn't a big deal to me.
    Global Posts
    77 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by IsLNdbOi
    My Voyager 510 (newer version with WindStop) works fine as well. It does disconnect, but all I have to do to reconnect is press the call answer button on the 510 which really isn't a big deal to me.
    When a call comes in you just hit it once to connect and a second time to answer? What if you're not wearing the headset and a call comes in. You pull the headset out put it on. How do you know at that point if you need to hit the answer one times or two times? If you hit it twice at that time and it is already connected it will disconnect the call. Has that been a problem? The 510 has been about the only headset that does not give me interference in a retail environment. I'm a sales rep and in different retail stores all day. I get static on all the other headsets if I have the phone on my side.
    I really haven't used my 510 much with my 700P, but yes when a call comes in and it's not connected, I just press the call answer button on the 510 and it answers. Not sure if I have to push it twice though.
    Global Posts
    582 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by chodaboy
    Great! Now everyone near you can know to whom you are speaking...
    On the Jabra BT800, the caller ID display is on the inside of the headset.

But the thing is kinda clunky, so I'm returning it.
    I did not even know my laptop had bluetooth til I read this post. Sure enough they linked first try, once I found out how to use the passcodes. Pretty cool. No more need for the sync cable.

Works for PDAnet too but would quickly run out of power without the USB connection. Useful tool for a quick connection though.
    Are there any Bluetooth stereo headphones that really work well? Maybe even some with noise cancellation? I like the Senheiser phones I use now but would love to loose the wires!
    Quote Originally Posted by Powerpack
    How long have you been using this new 510. I would love to get a new 510 if it would work correctly for me. Do you keep it on all day? Do all incoming calls connect? Did you do anything special to pair the two units?
    I just got it and have only used it a few times, once for over 30 minutes. Although my experience is limited, it's been positive so far. Guess I should have qualified my first post - sorry!
    Quote Originally Posted by Fofer
    On the Jabra BT800, the caller ID display is on the inside of the headset.

But the thing is kinda clunky, so I'm returning it.
    I admit I am slow...

How do you see the display while wearing the headset?
    I admit I am slow...

I'm with you bro.
    iPhone 4S
    Former Treo & Storm Owner
    Cigar Lover
    Global Posts
    77 Global Posts
    I just got it and have only used it a few times, once for over 30 minutes. Although my experience is limited, it's been positive so far. Guess I should have qualified my first post - sorry!
    I think you have gotten lucky. I just bought a new one with wind stop and in three minutes it disconnected. I hit answer and it reconnected. Ten minutes later I decide to make a call. It works fine. I hangup and five minutes later it disconnects. I decided to wait for a call to come in and see if it would reconnect. It didn't, I hit the answer button once and it didn't connect and went to voice mail. The icon changed to the headset but it didn't work. I called the person back using the handset and in the middle of the conversation it transfered back to the 510. I know I have read where people say it is working fine for them. Is this maybe my phone?
    Global Posts
    582 Global Posts
    I admit I am slow...
    Quote Originally Posted by TurboTiger
    I'm with you bro.

I have a third eye on the side of my head.

No, just kidding.

Um, it's a good question. Maybe Jabra thinks you'll take the headset off and on? Maybe the display is there for more for "reviewing recent calls." Maybe it's just useless ear candy.

I dunno, but the brick is clunky and I don't think it's worth the $100 so I am sending it back.

The ideal BT headset, in my mind, will be smaller than this, have a caller ID display, as well as some speech synthesis so that it would whisper in your ear the name of the person calling. This sort of high technology should be possible, the Treo and the BT headset doing some crazy sex magic.

Hey, a guy can dream, can't he?
    Quote Originally Posted by Powerpack
    When a call comes in you just hit it once to connect and a second time to answer? What if you're not wearing the headset and a call comes in. You pull the headset out put it on. How do you know at that point if you need to hit the answer one times or two times? If you hit it twice at that time and it is already connected it will disconnect the call. Has that been a problem? The 510 has been about the only headset that does not give me interference in a retail environment. I'm a sales rep and in different retail stores all day. I get static on all the other headsets if I have the phone on my side.
    I agree, of all the BT headsets I have tried, the 510 is by far the clearest.

Now, as for the 510 working with the 700p, so far nobody in this thread has one that works (even the ones who say it works). If your 510 is dropping its connection regularly then your 510 is NOT working with your 700p. Mine constantly drops the connection. Whenever the phone rings I have to press the Talk button on my 510 ASAP! If I wait more than two rings I'm SOL. If I hit the button in time it takes another 2-3 rings for the 510 to reconnect with the phone. Then when I hear a confirmation I have to hit the button a second time for the headset to pick up the call. If I don't do these things in rapid succession I will lose the caller to voicemail. This is absolute crap.

A BT headset should not drop its connection with the phone at any time. With my 650 I could turn the phone off, turn the headset off, leave for hours at a time and leave the headset at home, I could do whatever I wanted to do and it was no problem. As soon as the 650 and headset were back in range they would seamlessly work, no manual reconnecting and no repairing needed.

Palm desperately needs to issue a BT fix. It's unbelievable to me that Palm actually posted a list of compatible/incompatible headsets which is rediculous. Does such a list of incompatible BT headsets exist for ANY other cellphone? Any BT phone should work, as designed, with any BT headset. Period.

The flaky BT implementation of this phone negates any advantage (and right now there are very few to speak of) of the 700p over the 650.
    Last edited by uscpsycho; 06/19/2006 at 10:12 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by uscpsycho
    I agree, of all the BT headsets I have tried, the 510 is by far the clearest.

Now, as for the 510 working with the 700p, so far nobody in this thread has one that works (even the ones who say it works). If your 510 is dropping its connection regularly then your 510 is NOT working with your 700p. Mine constantly drops the connection. Whenever the phone rings I have to press the Talk button on my 510 ASAP! If I wait more than two rings I'm SOL. If I hit the button in time it takes another 2-3 rings for the 510 to reconnect with the phone. Then when I hear a confirmation I have to hit the button a second time for the headset to pick up the call. If I don't do these things in rapid succession I will lose the caller to voicemail. This is absolute crap.

A BT headset should not drop its connection with the phone at any time. With my 650 I could turn the phone off, turn the headset off, leave for hours at a time and leave the headset at home, I could do whatever I wanted to do and it was no problem. As soon as the 650 and headset were back in range they would seamlessly work, no manual reconnecting and no repairing needed.

Palm desperately needs to issue a BT fix. It's unbelievable to me that Palm actually posted a list of compatible/incompatible headsets which is rediculous. Does such a list of incompatible BT headsets exist for ANY other cellphone? Any BT phone should work, as designed, with any BT headset. Period.

The flaky BT implementation of this phone negates any advantage (and right now there are very few to speak of) of the 700p over the 650.
    Well, I just purchased a new 510 and used it for several calls, one of which was over 30 minutes - neither had any dropout.
    Well, I just purchased a new 510 and used it for several calls, one of which was over 30 minutes - neither had any dropout.
    The connection won't drop mid-call. The connection will drop between calls when you aren't using the headset. The phone will ring and when you try to answer it with your headset you will not be able to. I think everyone with a 510 has reported this problem.

Last night I had the connection hold for about five hours. That was miraculous. Sometimes I'm lucky to get five minutes. Very very very very very very flaky BT implementation on the 700p and it's inexcusable because this can easily be tested by Palm.
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast