Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Global Posts
    71 Global Posts
    Is there a ‘default to SD card’ setting that will automatically save all photos to the SD card?

I see that there is a dropdown menu that allows us to select Palm [RAM] or an album/directory on the SD card.
    However that selection seems to reset to Palm [RAM] by default whenever the Camera is used next.
    It seems cumbersome and impractical to reset the destination album/directory before taking any pictures. Obviously the camera is frequently used at the spur of the moment.

Is there any way to keep the user selected default album on the SD card from being reset?
    If not, it would seem that it would not be difficult to create a simple hack to accomplish this.

Otherwise, it seems that that the easiest way to move a block of newly taken pictures to the album on the SD card is go to Pics & Videos, highlight one picture, select Photo Menu and M [move] and then select all of the pictures and the target album/directory.

Jeff
    I still haven't see this? Anyone know the answer?
    I think the new photos are stored in the same location as the last time you looked at photos in the camera. So, open the camera, click on the icon to show current photos, and set that to check for photos on the card. Then, the next picture you take will be sent to the card.
    Quote Originally Posted by johnhboyd
    I think the new photos are stored in the same location as the last time you looked at photos in the camera. So, open the camera, click on the icon to show current photos, and set that to check for photos on the card. Then, the next picture you take will be sent to the card.
    I tried this on my 700, but it still reverted back to the Palm RAM on my next run.
    Treo 600 > Treo 650 > Treo 700p > Treo 700wx -> Mogul -> Touch Pro
    You may like to flash, but your phone shouldn't. LED Killer
    Can't you create an album on the card and make it your default?
    Quote Originally Posted by stroths
    I tried this on my 700, but it still reverted back to the Palm RAM on my next run.
    Prior message was related to 650. My 700p has an icon/selector over on the bottom right corner that shows Palm (phone symbol), Palm (SD Card symbol).
    My Palm 700p has actually always defaulted to the card. Don't know why. I love it though.
    my 700p stay defaulted to the last folder you choose it stays like that till you change it
    Mine goes to my card by default.
    Jimmie Geddes
    ^^
    Global Posts
    883 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by johnhboyd
    Prior message was related to 650. My 700p has an icon/selector over on the bottom right corner that shows Palm (phone symbol), Palm (SD Card symbol).
    Yes, most people seem to miss this.
    Visor --> Visor Platinum --> Treo 300 --> Treo 600 --> Treo 650 --> Treo 700p --> Treo 755p --> Treo 800w --> Palm Pre
    So, basically it defaults to the "palm" folder on either the card or phone, but won't allow you to use a different folder as a default?
    bump. Mine always defaults to "palm" album on card (or on phone if no card in). it sounds like that's just how it is and we can just hope for an upgrade someday that allows you to set a default folder?
    Quote Originally Posted by tarkwolf
    So, basically it defaults to the "palm" folder on either the card or phone, but won't allow you to use a different folder as a default?
    I think that's the deal (on the 700p). It creates a "Palm" folder on your card. I'm just glad that it actually will default to the card.
    It will keep whatever you set as the default location until you do a soft reset. After a reset it always defaults back to the Palm location for storing photos. The Treo 650 did this also.
    Main Phone: Treo 270/600/650/700w/700p/750v/Motorola Q/iPhone
    Tried but sold: Motorola Q/Nokia E61/700wx/HTC TyTN/Treo 680
    Quote Originally Posted by bcaslis
    It will keep whatever you set as the default location until you do a soft reset. After a reset it always defaults back to the Palm location for storing photos. The Treo 650 did this also.
    I assume you mean the Palm Folder, since mine defaults to the Palm Folder on my SD Card, even after a re-set.

John
    Quote Originally Posted by bcaslis
    How do you set a default location? I have not been able to figure how to do this.
    I want to know too!...
    Quote Originally Posted by Tree-Oh
    How do you set a default location? I have not been able to figure how to do this.
    The "Default" location is in the bottom right hand corner of your camera app. It will either be the "Palm" with a phone by it or "Palm" with a picture of a SD card. It will pick whichever you used last of those two "Palm" options.

At this time, there does not appear to be a method to make it take pictures by default to some other folder. However, at least you can set it to the Palm folder on the SD card.
    Treo 600 > Treo 650 > Treo 700p > Treo 700wx -> Mogul -> Touch Pro
    You may like to flash, but your phone shouldn't. LED Killer
    Thanks, stroths. I tried that, but every time I exit the camera & go back into it, it goes to "palm" on SD. Unless I don't have my SD card in, then it goes back to "palm" on phone.

FEATURE REQUEST: Ability to set default album to any album on SD or palm. (If anyone's really listening, I can be more specific) ;-)
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast