Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst 123456
    i've seen that link and have made the necessary adjustments for my java apps. recently, my opera mini has had error messages pop up as well. i have the latest java installed, and never had any problems before.

all of a sudden, both hourlyxcast & opera mini started working again. it's very strange how they are working & then randomly not working. i'm not sure what the problem is. any ideas?
  2.    #102  
    I'm at a loss, sorry
    Global Posts
    301 Global Posts
    G-Funk. Weird problem after I did the 680 unlocked upgrade. I now can't get into XCast or Rotten Tomatoes!!! I click on the icon and my 680 resets itself. What happend?? I love these apps!! Also my Gmail does the reset thing to!! Any help would be apprecated!!
    "Actions speak louder than words!"

REX >Palm III > Palm IIIc > Palm V> Palm m505 >Kyo 7135> Treo 650> ARTIC Treo 680> and finally to the Centro!!!
  4.    #104  
    i don't know if other 680 upgraders are experiencing the same thing, but I would uninstall every app, then I'd uninstall the java and any j9 entries you find and reinstall everything.
    Global Posts
    301 Global Posts
    Thanks G, I took your advice and everything is golden!! Thanks for the apps and your help.

jsjsjs
    "Actions speak louder than words!"

REX >Palm III > Palm IIIc > Palm V> Palm m505 >Kyo 7135> Treo 650> ARTIC Treo 680> and finally to the Centro!!!
    I am getting a error: Java.io.ioException when i run Hourly. It worked well in the past. i get this error after it connect to the internet and starts its download.

I reinstalled hourly and java...any ideas?
    HourlyXCast is working for me this morning. Have you installed any new programs or changed any setting recently?
    no i had a crash and lost some data. i did a restore. this is the only program that is not working. TV2night which is Java based is fine.
  9.    #109  
    i'd uninstall it and reinstall. if that doesn't work then try uninstalling the java components and reinstalling them also.
    Is anyone having problems receiving weather today or looking up a city?

I’m getting the following error when trying to load the weather, “Error With Weather Data. Please Retry or Reset Preferences if necessary.”

I also get this error when searching for a new location, “Search Error. Retry.”
    Global Posts
    333 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by damage_inc View Post
    Is anyone having problems receiving weather today or looking up a city?
    It worked fine for me just now. I think I've seen that first message you quoted before, and trying again later fixed it, IIRC. Is it possible that you're getting a weak signal or something, so the data connection that needs to be made isn't working completely correctly (e.g., it's timing out or getting disconnected)?
    I started getting the following error starting a couple of days ago, anyone else having problems?

"Error Accessing Data. Please Retry or reset Preferences if necessary"

I have already uninstalled and reinstalled.
    yep, both me & my wife were using the program daily, and as of a couple of days ago we're both getting the same error as you.
    weather.com changed their weather server so both kMeteo 0.9 and HourlyXCast stopped working. The programmer for kMeteo just updated kMeteo to 0.91 (you can get it @ mytreo.net downloads) and works with new weather.com server.

I did e-mail G-Funkster to see if HourlyXCast could be updated, but so far no response.

As a side note, I also noticed Weather.com widget on the Mac OS X stopped working as well at the same time.

4Cast still works and Shimon keeps his 4Cast weather program updated but he gets his weather info from Yahoo.com weather server.
  15.    #115  
    I'm going to look into it and let you know here if it can be fixed. I was still running it on my Blackberry so I noticed it too.
    Thanks for taking a look at it...I know you have moved on from the Palm OS, but many of us still use and appreciate looking at the "hourly" forecast your program delivers.

Thanks in advance.

Quote Originally Posted by g-funkster View Post
    I'm going to look into it and let you know here if it can be fixed. I was still running it on my Blackberry so I noticed it too.
  17.    #117  
    As I said, I am still using this program on my Blackberry, daily. That was one advantage of using Java. I ran it on Windows Mobile too.

I like the way I use my data. First post updated with a new version. Only 5 day forecast instead of 7 Days, unfortunately. Everything else seems to be working normally, including the hourly data.

Thank you all for your support. Good to hear folks are still using it.
    Last edited by g-funkster; 07/17/2009 at 05:22 PM.
    Thank you...I downloaded your newest version of HourlyXCast for Palm OS on my Centro and it works AGAIN. Even though you said only the 5-day forecast worked & not the hourly....I found that everything works as advertised including the Hourly forecast which was the best thing about your weather program!! Thanks for the update!!

Well, now that Mojo SDK for Palm Pre's webOS is released and you know java so well...you should create a HourlyXCast for the Palm Pre!

Quote Originally Posted by g-funkster View Post
    As I said, I am still using this program on my Blackberry, daily. That was one advantage of using Java. I ran it on Windows Mobile too.

I like the way I use my data. First post updated with a new version. Only five day forecast now available, unfortunately. Everything else seems to be working.

Thank you all for your support. Good to hear folks are still using it.
  19.    #119  
    Quote Originally Posted by Kewl 700p View Post
    Thank you...I downloaded your newest version of HourlyXCast for Palm OS on my Centro and it works AGAIN. Even though you said only the 5-day forecast worked & not the hourly....I found that everything works as advertised including the Hourly forecast which was the best thing about your weather program!! Thanks for the update!!

Well, now that Mojo SDK for Palm Pre's webOS is released and you know java so well...you should create a HourlyXCast for the Palm Pre!
    I changed my wording, in both posts to clear that up. I meant to say the only thing that is different is a 5 day forecast instead of a 7 day.

I would have abandoned the project if I couldn't get my hourly data!
    Again, thanks again for updating your program. 5-day forecast is fine instead of 7-day...but the Hourly forecast at your fingertips is the best & most unique aspect of your weather program!
Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst 123456