Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
  1.    #81  
    Update for August 12: saving locations for quickly switching to your favorites!

Favorites are added from the location search page.
    Last edited by g-funkster; 08/12/2007 at 11:09 AM.
    My Freebie Java Widgets (Compatible with 650, 680, 700p & 755p)
    HourlyXCast - Hourly & 7 Day Forecasts! Weather Graphics, Radar Images & Alerts. "When 'PM Showers' just doesn't cut it"
    - RottenTomatoMeter - Movie Ratings, Reviews, Showtimes for New Movies & DVDs
    - TV2Nite - Calendar Events for your Favorite TV Shows!
    Outstanding! You are The Man!

I hate uninstalling, installing hxcast, then j9, then seco whatever...do you think I could just copy this over onto my card and it would work? Probably not, huh. Got to do the whole thing, eh? I'll bet. This is outstanding.
  3.    #83  
    huh? heh I'm confused! all you gotta do is install the prc file, over the air or from the card is fine also. Uninstalling is not required
    I kept reading all these posts about people who had trouble installing, I always thought their problem was that they had crap lying around from old versions. I assumed a clean uninstall was the way to go. But you're right. I attached a version to an email, and downloaded from Chatter right to the device and it works like a charm. I didn't believe it at first, but it works like a charm. It is now a perfect app. You can move on to something else. A nice very small program using satellite views giving the current location of Osama bin Laden would be very entertaining. We could watch day by day.
    I am utterly confused (through no fault of any of you fine people assisting all those who want to enjoy this program).

You provide the JVM.zip file and it includes several files for download, however you point out hotsyncing only two. Should all the files extracted from the zip be downloaded or only the two you mention in the "how to install java" portion of your first post?

When I try to launch Hourly Cast I get error message: Missing IBM Java VM, please ensure that IBM's WebSphere Micro Environment Java VM is installed. I didn't download all the files in the .zip because you only mentioned hotsyncing the two. Have I done messed it all up????? Thanks for your patience in advance.
    Blackberry 7520 (Nextel)> Palm 700p (Sprint)> Burgundy Palm 755p (Sprint w/sero)> HTC Touch (Sprint w/sero) Apps include: Touchpal, HTC Home Customizer, TCMCP
  6.    #86  
    yup, just the two, no more are required for Java
    It's much simpler than you're making it for yourself. First, uninstall everything and reset so you have nothing left. Then you should probably install the TWO (2) JAVA files of the 3 you eventually need: J9JavaVMMidp20.prc and JavaVMCheck_enUS.prc. After that, install the Hourly XCast app. You should probably try to run it at that point, and it should work fine, except that it will ask your permission to connect. After you do that, to get rid of the question about connecting, install the finally Java file, j9secpol.prc, which I think is not really with the Java files, but is in the first post in this thread. Everything should be okay then.
    Quote Originally Posted by mdavis View Post
    It's much simpler than you're making it for yourself. First, uninstall everything and reset so you have nothing left. Then you should probably install the TWO (2) JAVA files of the 3 you eventually need: J9JavaVMMidp20.prc and JavaVMCheck_enUS.prc. After that, install the Hourly XCast app. You should probably try to run it at that point, and it should work fine, except that it will ask your permission to connect. After you do that, to get rid of the question about connecting, install the finally Java file, j9secpol.prc, which I think is not really with the Java files, but is in the first post in this thread. Everything should be okay then.
    Thank you for taking the time to explain. I'll give this a shot.
    Last edited by Diana Prince; 08/12/2007 at 03:40 PM.
    Blackberry 7520 (Nextel)> Palm 700p (Sprint)> Burgundy Palm 755p (Sprint w/sero)> HTC Touch (Sprint w/sero) Apps include: Touchpal, HTC Home Customizer, TCMCP
    Looks like it worked! Thanks. I don't understand the midlet url thing though. What should be typed here?
  10.    #90  
    You don't have to launch the IBM java app. Just launch HourlyXCast or any Java PRC you have installed directly from the home screen
    I have HourlyXcast on my Treo 650 - been using it for months with no problems. I have the Java files, etc. A few days ago, I started getting the following error message: "Error with weather data. Please Retry or Reset preferences if necessary".

Repeated attempts to retry, reset, re-installing HourlyXcast, and re-installing required Java files... all to no avail.

Any ideas??????
    Before you reset, uninstall COMPLETELY, and reinstall in the order recommended, you should probably check to see if you have a weather location that simply isn't reporting. I've had what you have when the location simply wasn't responding. Try some other areas first and see if you have the same results. Like NYC or Boston or Washington DC, some place you know will respond.
    Thanks for the post. However, still no success. I tried Boston, Wasshington, the default zipcode, etc.---- still getting the same error message. very bizarree
  14.    #94  
    when completely uninstalling java, make sure you delete everything that starts with j9. Also, try other java apps like opera mini 3 or rottentomatometer in my signature and see if you get those work.

It's still working for me so your java is likely having some config issues if uninstalling HxC doesn't fix the problem.
    My Freebie Java Widgets (Compatible with 650, 680, 700p & 755p)
    HourlyXCast - Hourly & 7 Day Forecasts! Weather Graphics, Radar Images & Alerts. "When 'PM Showers' just doesn't cut it"
    - RottenTomatoMeter - Movie Ratings, Reviews, Showtimes for New Movies & DVDs
    - TV2Nite - Calendar Events for your Favorite TV Shows!
    I loaded the Rotten Tomatoes program you had, and it works fine. But still the hourlyxcast doesn't work. It's okay, I'll try the 4cast weather program for a month. Thanks!
    That is so strange. This is such a great program--partly because it always works for me. These things happen, though. I just had a program that has worked fairly well since my Treo600 days suddenly fall apart on me. I could not fix it after reinstalling multiple times so I just abandoned it.
    same for me. the program has worked great for me and all of a sudden i am getting the "error accessing data" message. i guess i'll try an uninstall/reinstall.
  18.    #98  
    creamy, do you also have a 650?
    i've got a 700p. i've used the program for months w/o a problem until this morning.
  20.    #100  
    wow that's crazy strange. I just tried it on my GF's 700p and it seems to work fine. Try adjusting the memory.

Go by the link below and instead of what they do there:

* Select HourlyXCast from the dropdown on the first window
    * In the memory settings, select 4MB & 4kb for stack.

http://discussion.treocentral.com/sh...0&postcount=26
Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast