Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
  1.    #21  
    Quote Originally Posted by aznmode View Post
    Checked hourly4cast which is the older version of this app and was able to find out that rain was clear at 9pm. We were able to proceed with our outting.
    Exactly! That's the reason why it's special.

Quote Originally Posted by madcap
    just upgraded to the version with graphics except that i don't get the M at anytime...has something changed or is just my treo acting screwy again?
    working over here. I'd say try again later or switch maps and let me know if yours in particular isn't working.
    My Freebie Java Widgets (Compatible with 650, 680, 700p & 755p)
    HourlyXCast - Hourly & 7 Day Forecasts! Weather Graphics, Radar Images & Alerts. "When 'PM Showers' just doesn't cut it"
    - RottenTomatoMeter - Movie Ratings, Reviews, Showtimes for New Movies & DVDs
    - TV2Nite - Calendar Events for your Favorite TV Shows!
    fixed! I just changed the java settings for it and it worked....it needed a 1mb memory setting for java
    Last edited by madcap; 11/12/2006 at 08:43 PM.
  3.    #23  
    Quote Originally Posted by madcap View Post
    ok switched maps, have deleted it then resyched it and still no luck...even with the default zip and radar

I don't know what else to try now....works fine except the radar
    hmm, that is weird. Could be a memory issue. follow the instructions here to adjust the memory but select HourlyXcast from the top dropdown, set the values to 4MB memory, 4kb stack.

http://discuss.treocentral.com/showp...0&postcount=26
    you must have been typing that while i was editing my post....
    1mb memory setting fixed it
    I just discovered this thread and this fantastic program! I love it! Only 1 problem I noticed after I downloaded it - no Alabama in the radar list. Is that something that can be added?
    Lois: I guarantee you a MAN made that commercial...

Peter: Of course a man made it Lois. It's a commercial, not a delicious Thanksgiving dinner.
  6.    #26  
    Quote Originally Posted by Victoryismine View Post
    I just discovered this thread and this fantastic program! I love it! Only 1 problem I noticed after I downloaded it - no Alabama in the radar list. Is that something that can be added?
    woah look at that, it is missing. I'll definately try to update that soon. In the meantime, you can use the Mississippi map which shows Alabama entirely.
    Thanks. I hadn't even tried that...I will definitely do that for now and I'll watch for updates in the future.

Thanks again - great job on this one!
    Lois: I guarantee you a MAN made that commercial...

Peter: Of course a man made it Lois. It's a commercial, not a delicious Thanksgiving dinner.
    I have a problem. I loaded the wrong zip code in (a Canadian one...duh!!!) and of course it's stuck with that unreadable zip code. How do you break into the program to undo something like that? Do I have to reinstall and avoid doing it again or is there an easier way to get it out of a loop like that?
    Well I solved that by deleting all but the prc. Now I have a different "problem" which is just a question: what do you do about the weather alerts, if there are any, on top? Tonight there is a "special weather statement" announcement scrolling above, but I don't know where to find the statement itself. If I try to use the screen, it doesn't respond, and I don't see any special key to get the contents. Am I missing something?
  10.    #30  
    Yeah I know about the special weather statements: that's the statement apparently. I'm going to filter them out in the next update or something, but they don't come up all the time.

As for canadian zip codes, what you have to do is get the weather code from weather.com. For instance, Ontario's local weather url is:

http://www.weather.com/outlook/travel/businesstraveler/local/CAXX0504?from=search_city
    If you see in the url a weird series of capital letters & numbers, that's the code (in this case: CAXX0504). type that in exactly into hourlyxcast and you'll get the weather from there.
    thanks. It worked. A useful improvement would be the ability to save more than one location--a lot of people use this kind of application when traveling, so to have the ability to plug in your usual departure or arrival destination, plus the route city(ies) might be really powerful.
    Here's another anomaly: This morning, it says Mostly Cloudy (which it is in nyc), says (for the day, I assume)Hi 28F - Lo 17F but then it says Feels Like : 18 F. I don't know what that's doing in the days range (the average temperature you'd feel at the end of the day???!?), especially when it says the current temperature is Now: 42F Cloudy. How could it feel like 18 F when the current temperature is 42F? I suppose maybe a hurricane--if hurricanes weren't tropical storms, of course. Something a bit bizarre there.

I love this program, by the way. I'm not sure it would be better or worse without a couple of quirks.
  13.    #33  
    Quote Originally Posted by mdavis View Post
    Here's another anomaly: This morning, it says Mostly Cloudy (which it is in nyc), says (for the day, I assume)Hi 28F - Lo 17F but then it says Feels Like : 18 F. I don't know what that's doing in the days range (the average temperature you'd feel at the end of the day???!?), especially when it says the current temperature is Now: 42F Cloudy. How could it feel like 18 F when the current temperature is 42F? I suppose maybe a hurricane--if hurricanes weren't tropical storms, of course. Something a bit bizarre there.

I love this program, by the way. I'm not sure it would be better or worse without a couple of quirks.
    I've never had any issues with the 'feels like' being that far apart from the current, are you sure btw that you're listing the NYC temps? I checked earlier and even now, the Hi was 54 earlier and now it's showing 43, it certainly hasn't been 28F.
    Well it certainly did earlier. I have not changed everything. Right now it shows Hi 41 Lo 21 Feels Like 33F Now: 41F. Even that, while closer, doesn't sound quite right as it is pretty calm outside and if it is 41 (and that sounds right), it probably doesn't feel like 33. I have the zip code on 10009, and that should be the same all over NYC, but I'll try another local zip code and see if there is a difference.
  15.    #35  
    heh well it's definately not xcast:

http://tinyurl.com/ylkt67

Weather com must be keeping its sensor a fridge. I hear ya, outside it certainly doesn't feel that cold, at least it didn't while I was approaching work.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Thank you SO MUCH for BOTH of theses prcs. I've been looking all over for something to get rid of that annoying permission popup and xcast comes at me wrapped in a nice tight package. Kudos to you.
    I just installed this last night and it's pretty cool. One suggestion I have is if it could be set to automatically download the current information when launched. It asks me every time if it's OK, it would be nice if you set in the preferences to do this by default, so I wouldn't have to allow it every time.

Also, is there any way the main view could be set to show on the screen without scrolling? You only have to scroll for the very bottom, I would think some tweaking with the text or graphics positioning could allow it to fit all on the screen at once.
  18.    #38  
    just re-hotsync the j9secpol.prc file and the permission pop-up goes away.

I wish I could condense the materials, I tried!, but I'd need to draw a canvas (as opposed to using a Form) which then disables the standard 5-way navigator controls to the buttons on the bottom of the screen
    My Freebie Java Widgets (Compatible with 650, 680, 700p & 755p)
    HourlyXCast - Hourly & 7 Day Forecasts! Weather Graphics, Radar Images & Alerts. "When 'PM Showers' just doesn't cut it"
    - RottenTomatoMeter - Movie Ratings, Reviews, Showtimes for New Movies & DVDs
    - TV2Nite - Calendar Events for your Favorite TV Shows!
    Do I need to hotsync the j9secpol.prc file, or can I just copy it to my RAM from my SD card, overwriting the version currently in memory?
  20.    #40  
    give it a try, it should work. I normally say hotsync because others have had issues overwriting it in the past. Nothing serious, just that the pop-up won't go away.
Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast