1.    #1  
    On my 650 I was able to simply start entering a contact's name from the Phone screen and it would automatically bring up contacts and find the name I was typing (no need to select Contacts from Phone screen first).

I'm not able to do the same with my 700p, and am looking for a way to enable this (been through every menu I can find...). What am I missing? This feature MUST still exist...

Your help's appreciated!

Tony
    Quote Originally Posted by TonySF
    On my 650 I was able to simply start entering a contact's name from the Phone screen and it would automatically bring up contacts and find the name I was typing (no need to select Contacts from Phone screen first).

I'm not able to do the same with my 700p, and am looking for a way to enable this (been through every menu I can find...). What am I missing? This feature MUST still exist...

Your help's appreciated!

Tony
    Setting is in the phone app's display preferences. Enjoy.
    Palm III > Palm V > Palm Vx > (Sprint) Kyo 6035 > Handspring Treo 300
    > Handspring Treo 600 Oct.'03 > Palm Treo 700P May'06 > Treo 755P Aug.'07 > Pre(-) June'09 + TouchPad July'11 LONG LIVE webOS!!!
    Global Posts
    582 Global Posts
    Yeah. Phone app -> Options menu -> Phone Display Options
    "Typing starts contacts search"

Then, if you want to toggle that setting (type to dial a number,) press the Option key before typing the number.
    As Fofer said, the behavior has changed with the 700p. When you want to dial by number you'll have to type the Option key first.
    Now THIS is the future of smartphones.
    Quote Originally Posted by Fofer
    Yeah. Phone app -> Options menu -> Phone Display Options
    "Typing starts contacts search"

Then, if you want to toggle that setting (type to dial a number,) press the Option key before typing the number.
    Thanks, Tony and Fofer. I've had my 700p for a couple days (read: LOVE IT!) and this was my only frustration thus far. I'm loving this phone!
  6.    #6  
    Thanks everyone, appreciate the help! I'm a happy camper now...

Tony