1.    #1  
    This might be my last new thread in the 600 forum. Although my Handspring logo Treo 600 has served me well, I recently upgraded to the 700p.

Here's my question: How do I remove the phone features, web features, and more or less turn my 600 into a regular old Palm PDA?

I'm planning to give my 600 to my 10-yo daughter, but don't want her to have the phone features. Although Sprint has transferred the number to my new phone, I'd rather not confuse her and simply have a plain Palm for her to use. I did do a hard reset and will be starting from that point.

Suggestions?

Thanks, Joe
    Quote Originally Posted by joedom
    This might be my last new thread in the 600 forum. Although my Handspring logo Treo 600 has served me well, I recently upgraded to the 700p.

Here's my question: How do I remove the phone features, web features, and more or less turn my 600 into a regular old Palm PDA?

I'm planning to give my 600 to my 10-yo daughter, but don't want her to have the phone features. Although Sprint has transferred the number to my new phone, I'd rather not confuse her and simply have a plain Palm for her to use. I did do a hard reset and will be starting from that point.

Suggestions?

Thanks, Joe
    short answer is you don't...not without altering the ROM anyway and I don't know how to do that on a 600.

Here's my suggestion...take it or leave it...

Sell the 600 on ebay and get here a cheap zire palm.

Good luck
    Dutch...put "the Jack" back up as your avitar. I didnt recognize you
    Well behaved women rarely make history