Global Posts
    319 Global Posts
    I only have one bluetooth headset BTH 820 (see thread in accessories).
    I'm not sure if it's the headset or the treo that has weak signal. Simply putting my hand in between fades the signal.

Any comments on this? I was wondering if someone have used multiple bt headsets to draw a conclusion.
    Made this just for fun...I'm Kermit

No, I use Bluetooth for streaming music all over my house and yard while I'm working outside, playing games in the Den (opposite side of the house), etc.

Of course I can hotsync and browse from all over as well.

It's the headset. They're all very low power to get good battery life.
    The treo is definitely low when it comes to comminicating with headset.
    I tried both the motorola HS820 and the H700. Both of them, when moving away from the treo started to make static noises.
    When I tried the same test with a nokia 6230, I was able to get a lot farther away from the phone before starting to hear the static.
    'splain why I can go all over my house and yard then streaming music with Bluetooth then, Lucy.
    What Bluetooth transmitter you using, that you can go all over your yard? I get more then 15 feet from mine and forget it. Granted I live in a 120 year old house with double brick exterior walls (18" thick) and plaster walls 6" think inside.
    Talk me through streaming music off your comuter, files or live feed?
    Nik<hr>M100 --->M125 --->M500 --->Treo300 --->Sprint-Treo600 --->Sprint-Treo650
    <hr>
    Rom 8:31 <'><
    <marquee bgcolor=red width=150 height=5>
    1 in 150 babies born today will have some form of Autism
    </marquee>
    Unlocking Autism Mission Trips to Honduras My Space
    Cheap Class 1 dongle I got off ebay, cost $12 or so... If you have a Class 10 (I believe it is) then likely no surprize there.

I just stream music off my internal gnump3d server from my own collection, although I could do it over the internet if I really wanted to.
    Quote Originally Posted by khaytsus
    Cheap Class 1 dongle I got off ebay, cost $12 or so... If you have a Class 10 (I believe it is) then likely no surprize there.

I just stream music off my internal gnump3d server from my own collection, although I could do it over the internet if I really wanted to.
    I had a Treo650 with phenomenal range. It broke. I got a replacement and now have a range of about 1 foot!! It is going back - clearly there is a problem with the unit. That could be Camel's problem as well.
    My range stinks too. Just traded my SE T637 for the GSM650. I had great range on my Sony 25-30' at best. Now I get about 5 and if the phone has any body parts between it and the headset ... forget it. The SE blows it away, so I know it's not the headset.
    Patrick Horne
    Quote Originally Posted by khaytsus

So you have the $12 dongle on your PC, streaming music off the gnump3d server (on the PC). What are you running (via BT) on the Treo 650 to receive this stream?
    --
    Aloke
    Cingular GSM
    Software:Treo650-1.17-CNG
    Firmware:01.51 Hardware:A
    Quote Originally Posted by aprasad
    So you have the $12 dongle on your PC, streaming music off the gnump3d server (on the PC). What are you running (via BT) on the Treo 650 to receive this stream?
    Bluetooth network.. Just connected to the computer over PPP, like a network hotsync setup. So I use Pocket Tunes.

Actually, gnump3d has a http interface, so I browse to the song/album I want, click Play, it downloads the playlist into PTunes, then it starts playing
    Quote Originally Posted by SammyK
    I had a Treo650 with phenomenal range. It broke. I got a replacement and now have a range of about 1 foot!! It is going back - clearly there is a problem with the unit. That could be Camel's problem as well.
    I just exchanged my second 650 for another one due to the BT range prob and the new one is much better. Still not as good as my first, but much better than my second. Wonderful quality control Palm (not)!!! Hope the 700P is better.