1.    #1  
    Is there any way to delete some of the standard things that come included with the Sprint 700p? A couple of the things like “GetGood” and “Get BC” are just cluttering up my display and I rather not have them around. Any way to dump these? Thanks.
    Last edited by camhabib; 06/03/2006 at 07:44 PM.
  2.    #2  
    Bump
    Global Posts
    452 Global Posts
    I think the only way would be to install a modified ROM that doesn't have those programs in it.
    Treo (Palm Version) lover

Motorola v400 --> Sidekick ll --> Treo 650 --> PPC 6700 --> Sprint Treo 700P --> Blackberry 8700g --> Blackberry 8300 --> Blackberry 8320 --> Sprint Mogul --> **What's Next?**
    The apps you mentioned are all in the Treo's system ROM and cant be deleted, without using a custom ROM. If you use the default Palm launcher, create a new category called "camhabibs stuff" (or what ever you want to call it). Re-categorize the apps you want to see to this new category, leave the rest in where they are. Set the Palm launcher pref's to "remember last category", then always use your new category. This will in effect hide the apps you dont want cluttering your launcher.
    CGordonn
    SPCS Treo 700p
    Virginia Beach, VA but home will
    always be Honolulu, HI
    Or put them in 'Unfiled' category so you won't see them if you cycle categories when pressing the home button.
    Palm III > Palm V > Palm Vx > (Sprint) Kyo 6035 > Handspring Treo 300
    > Handspring Treo 600 Oct.'03 > Palm Treo 700P May'06 > Treo 755P Aug.'07 > Pre(-) June'09 + TouchPad July'11 LONG LIVE webOS!!!
    I would instead use the program called "Invisible." You can hide any icons you choose to. I hide about half of my icons, including those that are mapped to a button, since I'm presumably not going to need to launch the program through the interface.

I think it's at palmgear.com.
    Quote Originally Posted by ddahorton
    I would instead use the program called "Invisible." You can hide any icons you choose to. I hide about half of my icons, including those that are mapped to a button, since I'm presumably not going to need to launch the program through the interface.

I think it's at palmgear.com.
    Another one is Obfuscate (www.pocketscience.com.au). Freeware with donations accepted. Works fine on the 650 (I haven't upgraded...yet).
    Quote Originally Posted by bobodobo
    Another one is Obfuscate (www.pocketscience.com.au). Freeware with donations accepted. Works fine on the 650 (I haven't upgraded...yet).
    Yes that worked fine for my 600 too. But now I want to be a minimalist - what I can live without... KISS is the mantra I live with now that I'm quite a bit older.
    Palm III > Palm V > Palm Vx > (Sprint) Kyo 6035 > Handspring Treo 300
    > Handspring Treo 600 Oct.'03 > Palm Treo 700P May'06 > Treo 755P Aug.'07 > Pre(-) June'09 + TouchPad July'11 LONG LIVE webOS!!!