Page 1 of 21 12345611 ... LastLast
  1.    #1  
    Not sure why it's official, other than I am officially annoyed.

Especially because this is a SERVICE that is paid for, not a piece software. I can see a license based software app having issues that need to be fixed, but when you sell a service subscription, the service should work (and is held to a higher performance standard.)

So it's been at least 5 days that Verichat has not worked properly on the 700P. (maybe more).
    Last edited by mikec; 06/27/2006 at 01:20 PM. Reason: Update to reflect fix
    Global Posts
    562 Global Posts
    I, too, am pissed that I just paid $29.95 to renew my expired Verichat license only to find that it doesn't work with the 700p, and God knows, I don't want to defend them. However, to be fair, I have no one to blame but myself. I ASSUMED it would work perfectly, and I didn't test it before I bought it, even though it only claims to work with the 600 and 650. You paid for the service, yes, but you paid for service on your 600 or 650, not your 700p, right? I do wish they had spent a little time with the 700p simulator BEFORE the 700p came out, though....
    I'll second that! Overall, I am not too excited about the 700p now that I have it, because of this issue, some weirdness with my Chatter notifications and PTunes also not working properly. Extremely frustrated because I was totally psyched about getting the device. Thinking of ditching it and reverting to my 650 if these issues aren't fixed quick.
    The only thing you guys can do is email them everyday and asking for service credit for next year.

Al
    The only problem I seem to be having with it is that it doesn't intercept the incoming SMS. I had to enter my cell email address again, but that is all. Now I have it running on both my old 650 and 700p. Depending on which phone you have an active session with the verichat server, that phone will get the sms when in standby. Verichat on the 700p just doesn't see the sms, but you still get beeped with it.

Sprint Pre & Motorola H300 BT headset

Dead devices: Palm Pro; Palm III; Treo 600, 650, 700p, 755p; Centro
    Yes, I finally updated my tagline!
    What bothers me the most is that the Sounds & Alerts dont work. I miss almost every IM because the vibrate feature doesnt work.

Also the fact that it keeps disconnecting me.

They should fix it or give us our money back.
    Yup, VeriChat sucks on the 700p.

Everyone, please bug PDAapps for 700p support. I've already sent my complaint.

support@pdaapps.com
    Try Mundu, that program rocks!
  9.    #9  
    Day 6 and counting...
    Global Posts
    562 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by DigiPimp
    Try Mundu, that program rocks!
    I liked it too, but I can't get it to vibrate when I have the sound switch off and the screen is dark. This is how I have my 700p most of the day, and you don't know you have an IM until you turn your screen back on. It does work if you have the sound switch on: then you get a sound alert.
    Tried Mundu but didn't like it. Verichat just seems more seemless. I switched back to my 650 because of Verichat and a number of other issues. I am going to hold on to the 700 until next week to see if any of these issues get resolved, and if not it is going back.
    Quote Originally Posted by dcpmark
    I liked it too, but I can't get it to vibrate when I have the sound switch off and the screen is dark. This is how I have my 700p most of the day, and you don't know you have an IM until you turn your screen back on. It does work if you have the sound switch on: then you get a sound alert.
    I can't figure on Verichat how to get messages when my screen is turned off. Is SMS the only option for that? I wanted to be able to have my phone connected always and a messenger always and receive messages even when my screen is dark, where the screen would light up and give me an audio or vibrate alert. But with Verichat everytime I turned the screen dark it logged me out of all my accounts and didn't send alerts.
    Ah i forgot I'm not in an EVDO area right now. How about can you remove the bots from your list in Verichat?
    Goddamn Bots... they'll be the end of me.
    PDAApps sent me another e-mail today saying they don't know the ETA of the updated software with the fix.
    I just got this email from PDAapps this morning....

Quote Originally Posted by PDAapps Support
    Thank you for contacting PDAapps Support.

We are looking into supporting Treo700p and will let you know when a new version will be released.

Thanks for your Patience.

PDAapps Support Team
    http://www.pdaapps.com/support.html
    "looking into supporting?" I'd rather hear "we are working on making revisions to support the 700p.
    I feel ya, Mike. It's like they're just thinking about supporting the 700p, not actually doing it.
  19.    #19  
    This is not the Mundu or Causerie thread. I am sure if people want to use another app, they will.

This is about Verichat, a very useful app that needs to be fixed now on the 700p.
  20.    #20  
    Day 7 and counting....
Page 1 of 21 12345611 ... LastLast