Page 9 of 21 FirstFirst ... 456789101112131419 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by SuperManFan
    I tried Causerie for a day, got a reset today while exiting the app. App deleted.
    After one reset... funny. I used to get about a dozen resets a day with Verichat, and I thought it was just part of the pain of running it with ChatterEmail. And then I found Causerie (be sure it's at least 3.2.3 if you're running a 650!) and if I get one or two resets a week it's a wonder.
    Quote Originally Posted by Treolo
    in order to get something productive about this thread all you guys need to contact Verichat and tell them how you feel about the whole fiasco and post your reply here.
    Been there, done that... moved on to a product that the developers are actually working on and not just making empty promises.
    I hate to say this, but I've tried all IM options available and I have gone to the conclusion that there is nothing that compares to it. Seriously... if you have not tried Verichat you don't know what you are missing.
    I used it. I'd agree it's got the best UI experience of anything out there -- save for the fact it can't seem to manage buddy groups to save it's life. But the sad reality is that it was never very stable with other serious network apps on the 650. Getting many resets a day when actively chatting with folks, and being stuck on 2.89b for months with repeated, empty promises of new versions to come, was ultimately what drove me to seek alternatives. I have found a decent compromise in Causerie. Sure, there are things I find annoying in it's UI... but the damn thing runs and doesn't constantly crash my phone when I actually need to use it and other network apps at the same time. Oh, and the developers are actively working on it and acting on user feedback. If PDA Apps would bother to have done the same, I'd probably still be using and paying for VeriChat.

Now, going back to the rants. WTF is taking so long for this guys to come out with a solution. Could one of the guys PDAapps or Verichat post here and say what they are doing?
    Maybe updating their resumes... 'cause they sure ain't workin' on the software.
    I think I know what everybody on this board wants. We want PDAapps to post on this board and tell us that they are working on making Verichat fully functional on the Treo 700p and that they will let us know ASAP when they have a beta available. However, all we know is that support for the 700p is on their roadmap, which it is very lame.
    I think you're absolutely correct on this... having some real evidence that the product is being developed and that users are regarded better than just a simple "thanks for your email!" source of regular income would go a long way to placating people.

The thing I truly find hilarious is that everyone seems concerned about how they aren't supporting the 700P... but they had a ways to go to stabilize the product on the 650, IMO. With all the problem reports on the 700 (W and P), I'm in no rush to ditch my 650. But even with that, I found PDAApp's empty promises tiring after months of suffering with poor stability. No, I didn't clamor for a refund... but I sure as hell didn't renew when the time came.

We could send all the emails we want... and get all the meaningless replies they send back. But, in the end, the only thing they'll really understand is when you stop sending them money.
  5.    #165  
    Day 18 and counting...
    Quote Originally Posted by mikec
    Day 18 and counting...
    Yes, your useless whining is doing nothing to help your "cause".

That was what you were asking, right?
    There needs to be a good alternative.. This is what happens when there's no competition...
    Sal Collaziano
    Treo 600 > Treo 650 > Treo 750 "dumb" phone > iPhone > Pre?
    cadillac | oldsmobile | buick | pontiac | lincoln | Madison Ross Media Group
    Quote Originally Posted by Sal Collaziano
    There needs to be a good alternative.. This is what happens when there's no competition...
    I've been fairly happy running the Causerie trial and the developers are actively supporting it for the 700P. I'm not a heavy AIM user, so this is doing just fine for me. The alerts are there, able to sign on to multiple AIM accounts, it runs in the background, and does other familiar Vchat features.
    Verizon Pre 2, HP TouchPad

Catch me on Twitter

Google+ Me
    Global Posts
    562 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by JesseJstreet
    I've been fairly happy running the Causerie trial and the developers are actively supporting it for the 700P. I'm not a heavy AIM user, so this is doing just fine for me. The alerts are there, able to sign on to multiple AIM accounts, it runs in the background, and does other familiar Vchat features.
    Yes. While not quite as polished as VeriChat, it's not a bad alternative, and customer support is very responsive. They've even extended my trial period so I can continue to test it. I've had a few stability and alert issues, but I discovered that I was not running the latest prc, which I got today.

In the meantime, I've asked for a refund for my 5/29/06 VeriChat subscription and posted a negative review of VeriChat on PalmGear.com, warning people who have a 700p not to purchase it until the developer updates the program. I don't expect them to do anything about it, but maybe seeing these things as well as seeing that there ARE alternatives will push Pdaapps to get cracking.....
    It looks like the only thing Causerie doesn't have is file attachments.. No big deal. I should be getting the 700p this afternoon.. If so, I'll download this program and give it a shot. I have a feeling it'll be just fine... And if this company is actively working on the program, I'm sure it'll be better than VeriChat in short time...
    Sal Collaziano
    Treo 600 > Treo 650 > Treo 750 "dumb" phone > iPhone > Pre?
    cadillac | oldsmobile | buick | pontiac | lincoln | Madison Ross Media Group
    I have posted my review on PalmGear. Hopefully it is going to show up there:

Verichat used to be the best IM application for the PalmOS, but now it is living from its memories of been the best once upon a time. On the Treo 650 it has many reset problems that have not been addressed and on the new Treo 700p there is lack of support for background data operation. To make things worst it seems like Verichat is an abandonware due to changes on their company structure and lack of development force. I would not recommend Verichat at this point to anybody.

Al
    Global Posts
    562 Global Posts
    I have posted my review on PalmGear. Hopefully it is going to show up there
    Yes, my negative review hasn't appeared yet either, and I'm glad you brought up the 650 problems. I went from a 600 to 700p, so I didn't feel I could comment on that aspect.
    Global Posts
    562 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by dcpmark
    In the meantime, I've asked for a refund for my 5/29/06 VeriChat subscription and posted a negative review of VeriChat on PalmGear.com, warning people who have a 700p not to purchase it until the developer updates the program. I don't expect them to do anything about it
    Well, I got a response from PDAapps, and they certainly lived up to my expectations:

"Thank you for contacting PDAapps Support.

All our software is try before buy and comes with a free trial period of 15 days. Thus, we have a no-refund policy.
    We are looking into supporting Treo700p and will let you know when a new version will be released.

Thanks for your Patience.

PDAapps Support Team"

Of course they are right that I should have tried it first and not assumed it worked before I paid for my renewal, but I do wonder if anyone has ever challenged them on their "no-refund" policy under California's numerous and extensive consumer protection statutes. After all, 15 days may not be enough time to find all the problems a program may have that renders it not usable, and some may test the program for a while, find it okay at the beginning, then pay and later find problems.
    Last edited by dcpmark; 06/16/2006 at 02:21 PM.
    Guess I'll download Causerie when I first get my treo.
  15.    #175  
    Well, PDAApps can say it's no refund, but your credit card company will back you up if you provide a reasonable case.

They say that to scare people off who are "crappy" customers.

They earlier sent out emails saying "they are looking into the problem". That's all you need to void the 15 day policy.

I just wish they would fix it and be done with it.
  16.    #176  
    dgilman,

Once again, SAND
    Quote Originally Posted by mikec
    Well, PDAApps can say it's no refund, but your credit card company will back you up if you provide a reasonable case.

They say that to scare people off who are "crappy" customers.

They earlier sent out emails saying "they are looking into the problem". That's all you need to void the 15 day policy.

I just wish they would fix it and be done with it.
    What they say is they are looking into SUPPORTING the 700P.

Which would mean you are trying to use their software on an unsupported device.

Use it with the 650, or the 600. Or get something else. Come to grips with the fact that your needs aren't important to them - NOR SHOULD THEY BE. It's their perogative to care about what they want to care about.
    A friendly reminder: don't feed the trolls.
  19.    #179  
    If the AW wants to get FITA, then mount up....

dgilman, your point is made (poorly). You may now return to annoying your family/co-workers/society in another thread.
  20.    #180  
    Day 19 and counting...
Page 9 of 21 FirstFirst ... 456789101112131419 ... LastLast