Page 8 of 21 FirstFirst ... 34567891011121318 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by IsLNdbOi
    Hmmm... You don't think I read that compatibility list before I purchased VeriChat? Also, didn't you read that I had a Treo 650 when I purchased it? What do you think they should do with the 8 more months I have on my subscription?

Seems like you work for them since you're defending them so strongly. I'm not the only one that thinks I'm entitled to a refund (full or partial).
    It worked when you bought it for your Treo 650 (as advertised). You then 'upgraded' your device to a 700p. Why should verichat pay when you changed devices? You should either accept the occasional woes of the hardware upgrade path, or stay with the proven original platform.

Again, the software worked on your original hardware and only 'broke' when _you_ switched hardware. Still, it sure would be nice if the developers worked diligently to support the latest hardware.

P.S. Have you tried Causerie?
    I thought I had come up with a clever option, but I was wrong.

I thought, as a service, I might have the right to cancel anytime throughout the subscription (assumes no term commitment was made at time of sign-up).

Had this been the case (which is isn't), I could cancel and get a refund and they sign up again if/when they support the 700p. This would allow me to not pay for the service during the (hopefully short) period I cannot properly use it.

Their refund policy states:

What is PDAapps' return policy?

All software from PDAapps can be downloaded as a free trial from our web site. We encourage all users to thoroughly test any software title that they wish to license and satisfy themselves fully that it works to their satisfaction before purchasing.
    PDAapps Inc., DOES NOT OFFER REFUNDS. There are no exceptions to this policy.

Now my next hope is that maybe they will offer a credit for the period that I was not able to adequately use their product (assumes they fix it). Due to my cell phone addiction/interests, I have switched devices numerous times in the last year and have had to re-up my VeriChat license to a new device type (and extend my subscription) about six times. So, I have paid these guys about $85 in the last year alone (maybe that counts for something).
  3.    #143  
    Day 17 and counting....

And Mojo, PDAApps expected Verichat to run on the 700P...I contacted them and was told that while it wasn't officially listed, it was expected to work since the Palm OS version was at the same major level.

Post the non-testing by PDAApps, the realize "ooopps", it's on the roadmap.

And there is a refund policy...it's called dispute the credit card charge.
    Mike - You better post that e-mail! The naysayers and apologists will never believe it. Where's Elvis? And where's my Verichat???
    Quote Originally Posted by mikec
    Day 17 and counting....

And Mojo, PDAApps expected Verichat to run on the 700P...I contacted them and was told that while it wasn't officially listed, it was expected to work since the Palm OS version was at the same major level.

What! There is no software company in the world that would ever send out or post something like that "it was expected to work". I expected to get a million dollars when I bought my last lotto ticket...guess what, it didn't happen.

~Wrong answer
    Ha! I was right!
    Quote Originally Posted by badMojo69
    What! There is no software company in the world that would ever send out or post something like that "it was expected to work". I expected to get a million dollars when I bought my last lotto ticket...guess what, it didn't happen.

~Wrong answer
    I expected you to stop posting and arguing about such a stupid topic......it didn't happen.
    Global Posts
    173 Global Posts
    This is BS man, I emailed for a refund on my fee to them. I mean really, HOW difficult can it be to get this stuff working, its not even THAT bad, just little glitches, GEEEEEZ!

Karl
    www.karlz.tv
    Okay this is my last thought on this topic. I'll bet everyone here (including myself) went to the Vchat site when they got their Treo 700p. Saw no mention of it, figured it was the same basic OS as the 650 and assumed it should work. Installed it found out it didn't work and then let all heck break loose on Vchat, because we "assumed" it would just work.

I want one person here to state that they actualy contacted Vchat before they purchased the 700p to verify that it would in fact work. Or that tried the demo of Vchat on the 700p before they went forward and purchased it.

I know I didn't.

You pay for living on the bleeding edge just ask anyone of us who suffered through the 600. Suck it up and deal with it.
    Day 17 and counting....

I'm trying to figure why you continue to whine about this? What do you hope to achieve?

Do you think PDAApps is sitting on their asses, but will see you whining like a four year old and decide to do some work?

Why don't you go back to your 650? Or use someone else's software? You know, proactively solve you problem.
    I think I know what everybody on this board wants. We want PDAapps to post on this board and tell us that they are working on making Verichat fully functional on the Treo 700p and that they will let us know ASAP when they have a beta available. However, all we know is that support for the 700p is on their roadmap, which it is very lame.

Al
    Quote Originally Posted by Treolo
    I think I know what everybody on this board wants. We want PDAapps to post on this board and tell us that they are working on making Verichat fully functional on the Treo 700p and that they will let us know ASAP when they have a beta available. However, all we know is that support for the 700p is on their roadmap, which it is very lame.

Al
    Maybe they aren't interested in helping you or providing a product that works on the 700p.

Maybe they have more important things to do. Maybe they just don't give a ****.

Is PDAApps a company or your mother?
    Quote Originally Posted by dgilman
    Maybe they aren't interested in helping you or providing a product that works on the 700p.

Maybe they have more important things to do. Maybe they just don't give a ****.

Is PDAApps a company or your mother?
    You seem to be a good PDAapps kiss @$$ I wonder if you work for them or you don't have a a Treo 700p and don't give a damn about why Verichat doesn't work. Anyways, my beef is not with you, it is against PDAapps so stop the flames against me.

Al
    Seriously, what's with you guys picking a fight over this? If you don't share the concern and aggravation of those in this thread--legitimate in my view--I will say it again: Find something else to do!
  15.    #155  
    mojo and dgilman,

Stop the AWing and move on.
    mojo and dgilman,

Stop the AWing and move on.
    Couldn't one say the same to you - stop you whining and move on.

Is anything you've posted been helpful or useful to the forum? Or are you guys just whining and complaining?

Or it's okay for you to whine and complain, but not okay to point out that you're whining and complaining? Have I invaded the complaining utopia that this thread seems to be for you?

I'm still waiting to hear if anyone contacted PDAApps for the refund you all so richly deserve...
    See how easy that was!
  18.    #158  
    DG,

People are complaining, in hopes the visibility encourages a faster resolution.

You are AWing, which is a commom practice on TC. You can just do it somewhere else.
    Some of us are waiting for verichat to be fixed. We look at this thread for someone to say "an update is posted and it is fixed."

Complaiing wont help especialy if they know its a problem and are working on it.

So if they they it is on the launchpad or on the chalkboard or whatever, it means they know....

Should it have been ready when 700p came out? It would be good business for them.

But is Windows Vista going to be perfect when it comes out? Windows XP has weekly patches and its been out for years.

So you never know what kind of problems can arise.

I am lookkng forward to it working again. I have it installed and it is a mess right now...

I can still use it if needed.

pda apps we are waiting paitently.

Anyone fighting over this really has way too much time on their hands... to fight over a program like little children.
    Quote Originally Posted by cue79
    This is ridiculous. My sub isn't up until the end of the year, but I'm ready to jump ship. What good alternatives are out there?
    You bet there are. I got tired of waiting for them to get around to releasing a new version to fix existing problems still left on the 650, and moved to Causerie (3.2.4). I haven't regretted it for a single moment. And they are actively pursuing fixes for the 700p right now. In the span of a few days, the release went from version 3.2.4H to 3.2.4Q. :-) Even with issues, a great deal can be said for developers who actively work to address problems. Shame on VeriChat, PDA Apps, Intellisync, and Nokia -- those last two were acquirees of PDA Apps....
Page 8 of 21 FirstFirst ... 34567891011121318 ... LastLast