Page 7 of 21 FirstFirst ... 2345678910111217 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by MikeElmendorf
    PDAApps has told me--twice--via e-mail that it WILL be fixed, they just don't know when and it "might be a while."
    The email I got from PDAApps wasn't so definate. Hopefully "roadmap" means something different to this person than it does to me. To me, roadmap means we are planning to assign resources to develop it (by no means has it ever meant "working on it" in my field).

"Thank you for contacting PDAapps Support.

It is on the roadmap. No ETA as yet.

Thanks for your Patience.

PDAapps Support Team
    http://www.pdaapps.com/support.html
    "
    Mojo -

I think you might need to pursue some outside hobbies, other than arguing with people about Verichat. Somehow, your response is pretty much what I expected, save the Elvis reference. For the benefit of others, I'm posting the e-mail exchanges I have had with PDAAps.

That said, I'm not too excited about the "roadmap" response SuperManFan received. I wish they'd get the lead out. I believe the original developer left PDAApps after Intellisync bought them out, so I wonder if part of the issue here is that they don't have anyone to do the actual work.

----------------------

> From: "PDAapps" <support@pdaapps.com>
    > Date: Thursday, Jun 8, 2006 1:20 PM
    > Subject: Re: (no subject)
    > Yes.
    >
    > Thanks for your Patience.
    >
    > PDAapps Support Team
    > http://www.pdaapps.com/support.html
    >
    ----- Original Message -----
    To: <support@pdaapps.com>
    Sent: Wednesday, Jun 07, 2006 9:48 AM
    Subject: Re: (no subject)
    >
    > Yikes. That's not good. Are you confident it will be fixed at some
    > point?
    >
    > ME
    >
    > -----Original Message-----
    > Date: Wednesday, Jun 7, 2006 12:15 pm
    >
    > Sorry, but it might take time. You may stick back to Treo650.
    >
    > Thanks for your Patience.
    >
    > PDAapps Support Team
    >
    > ----- Original Message ----- From: "Mike Elmendorf"
    > To: <support@pdaapps.com>
    > Sent: Tuesday, June 06, 2006 7:36 PM
    >
    >
    >> Sorry to be impatient, but is it reasonable to think that the problem
    >> with
    > the 700p might be fixed in the next week or so? If not, I am probably
    > sending the device back and sticking with my 650. Verichat functionality
    > is that important. And, it is not just me--there are a lot of others
    > waiting on this, too.
    >
    >> Thanks for your efforts. I look forward to your reply.
    >
    >> ME
    >
    >> -----Original Message-----
    > Date: Sunday, Jun 4, 2006 1:01 pm
    >
    >> Sorry, no ETA as yet.
    >
    >> Thanks for your Patience.
    >
    >> PDAapps Support Team
    >
    >> ----- Original Message ----- From: "Mike Elmendorf"
    > To: <support@pdaapps.com>
    > Sent: Friday, June 02, 2006 10:07 PM
    >
    >>
    >> Any sense of when this might be corrected? The functionality of Verichat
    > is so important to me that I may return the 700p if it isn't going to be
    > resolved quickly. Thanks.
    >
    >>> ME
    > -----Original Message-----
    > Date: Thursday, Jun 1, 2006 1:36 pm
    >
    >>> We are looking into this and will let you know when a new version will
    >>> be
    > released.
    >
    >>> Thanks for your Patience.
    >
    >>> PDAapps Support Team
    >
    >>> ----- Original Message -----
    > From: Mike Elmendorf
    > To: support@pdaapps.com
    > Sent: Thursday, June 01, 2006 8:31 AM
    >
    >>>
    > Have confirmed that the following is happening:
    >
    >>> Verichat does not give the option of using data for the always on
    > connection the Treo 700p. You cannot select it. Furthermore, SMS mode
    > isn't working properly in that only a handle of messages received while
    > out of Verichat are actually getting delivered.
    >
    >>> I guess slight issues like this are understandable when a new device
    > comes out. I hope, however, that they will be fixed quickly. I am a
    > longtime Verichat user who relies greatly on it--and I have guided a lot
    > of other customers in your direction, too.
    >
    >
    Quote Originally Posted by IsLNdbOi
    Hmmm... You don't think I read that compatibility list before I purchased VeriChat? Also, didn't you read that I had a Treo 650 when I purchased it? What do you think they should do with the 8 more months I have on my subscription?

Seems like you work for them since you're defending them so strongly. I'm not the only one that thinks I'm entitled to a refund (full or partial).
    Have you asked for one?

Thank god you're not one of my clients. You act as if you just spent $40,000 on a new car that is a lemon.

You bought a piece of software to work on one device. You bought a new device. Said software doesn't work on new device.

Did you talk to Verichat about whether or not it would work on the new device? Seems like a pretty simply thing to do if this is so important to you.

You guys whine like a bunch of 6 year-olds. Why didn't you return the 700p in the refund period if you weren't happy with it? Oh, that's right, because you DESERVE everything to work the way you want it to.
    Quote Originally Posted by dgilman
    Have you asked for one?

Thank god you're not one of my clients. You act as if you just spent $40,000 on a new car that is a lemon.

You bought a piece of software to work on one device. You bought a new device. Said software doesn't work on new device.

Did you talk to Verichat about whether or not it would work on the new device? Seems like a pretty simply thing to do if this is so important to you.

You guys whine like a bunch of 6 year-olds. Why didn't you return the 700p in the refund period if you weren't happy with it? Oh, that's right, because you DESERVE everything to work the way you want it to.

badMojo69 is that you? You really don't have to start making new usernames to continue posting on this thread just because many of the other posters here agree that PDAapps owes us something for that $40.00 we paid and are now not getting anything out of. Also, the name of the company isn't VeriChat, it's PDAapps.

PDAapps had a long time to get it compatible with the 700P so it's their problem. AND if you look at the list of devices on their homepage you'll see that they aim their software at the most popular / common smartphones. So why weren't they ready with an update? AND what can they do about the 9+ months I have left on my subscription? I think at least a partial refund would be fair.
    I hate to say this, but I've tried all IM options available and I have gone to the conclusion that there is nothing that compares to it. Seriously... if you have not tried Verichat you don't know what you are missing.

Now, going back to the rants. WTF is taking so long for this guys to come out with a solution. Could one of the guys PDAapps or Verichat post here and say what they are doing?

Al
    Seems like all the innovators at PDAapps left when Intellisync bought them.
    Seems like all the innovators at PDAapps left when Intellisync bought them.
    So if the people that made such a great app (I have it as well but am using Causerie ATM) shouldn't that tell us all it's time to move on? Vchat will become a POS and it time to give someone else a shot. And to your other question about "is that me" no it's not. I have no reason to post under a different name.

I have noticed that all you guys are doing is complaining that you deserve to get some money back for your assumptions. There has not been an "official" position from Vchat as to if they will support the 700p. An email is not an "official" claim. If that isn't left wing thinking I don't know what is.

By the way every post I’ve made today (with the exception of this one) has been with my 700p!
    Wow, this thread got pretty long quick.
    Mojo -

Ha. Haha. HA.

First off, if you don't think an e-mail from Support@PDAApps.com saying that they WILL support the 700 says something, I don't know what would satisfy you. Sorry about that. I take them at their word.

And, leftwing thinking? Give me a break. If you want to turn this into a political discussion (and if you do, I'd recommend that for another thread), I'd be happy to compare my credentials in the conservative movement to yours anytime. That's just silly use of language, come on now.

Anyway, stop getting us off topic. We want Verichat fixed! It is not too much to ask. And I haven't been demanding a refund. It is what it is. They have offered discounts on other products, but they have nothing else of use to me in particular. I am sorry I renewed my subscription before I got the 700p, but that's when it came up.

I am confident it WILL be fixed eventually. I am fast losing confidence that the timeframe will be acceptable to those of us who rely on the product--and, who, I might add, came to be accustomed to PDAApps responsiveness in the past--a virtue that unfortunately seems to have been lost post-Intellisync acquisition.

In the meantime, I'm getting pretty accustomed to Toccer. Not as graceful a UI, and you can't respond from background, but it IS working reliably, albeit at the expense of my battery life.
    badMojo69 is that you? You really don't have to start making new usernames to continue posting on this thread just because many of the other posters here agree that PDAapps owes us something for that $40.00 we paid and are now not getting anything out of. Also, the name of the company isn't VeriChat, it's PDAapps.

PDAapps had a long time to get it compatible with the 700P so it's their problem. AND if you look at the list of devices on their homepage you'll see that they aim their software at the most popular / common smartphones. So why weren't they ready with an update? AND what can they do about the 9+ months I have left on my subscription? I think at least a partial refund would be fair.
    Frist of all, I'm me, not someone else.

Second of all, HAVE YOU ASKED FOR A REFUND?

Third of all, you can use your Treo 650 for the last 9+ months of your $40 subscription. It's really not their problem.
    It's their problem. They had ample time to get VeriChat ready for the 700P. Many of us 700P owners who also have a VeriChat subscription have already sold our 650s.
    anybody want to try a special version of Verichat for T-zones? It used a different port, may run better on the 700P
    Attached Files Attached Files
    .Treo Pro on Sprint Check out www.treotricks.com, Audio jack fix.
    On my Treo now, so can't try it. But, if anyone else does, please let us know how it works. Can't imagine it is that easy, though. Something changed that broke the way Verichat connects to the data connection good, the battery indicator disappeared from some of the views, and the background/sms function isn't working right either.
  14.    #134  
    Badmojo and dgilman, SAND

Verichat, like it or not, is the Trillian of the Palm world. For those of us the need it for our daily work, it is critical.

I'll give them 30 days before pulling the refund card. Being "on the roadmap" doesn't instill a lot of confidence in me...sounds like it's a ways off.
    It's their problem. They had ample time to get VeriChat ready for the 700P. Many of us 700P owners who also have a VeriChat subscription have already sold our 650s.
    So, let me get this straight - you sold an EXPLICITLY supported device, bought an IMPLICITLY, MAYBE, NOT REALLY SURE device, and it's their fault?

Did you enquire as to the suitability of the 700p before you bought it? Being that Verichat is so critical for you?

And you said in several posts that you should get a refund, or partial refund, but haven't told us if you've asked for one...
    Quote Originally Posted by dgilman
    So, let me get this straight - you sold an EXPLICITLY supported device, bought an IMPLICITLY, MAYBE, NOT REALLY SURE device, and it's their fault?

Did you enquire as to the suitability of the 700p before you bought it? Being that Verichat is so critical for you?

And you said in several posts that you should get a refund, or partial refund, but haven't told us if you've asked for one...
    I'm with you on this. It's all Vchats fault that people didn't check before they upgraded. So I guess you can also sue a person you bought a house from if you chose not to have it inspected and the roof falls in.

~Only in America
    Oh by the way I took the liberty of contacting Vchat on my own and this is what they said.
    "
    ----- Original Message ----
    To: xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxcom>
    Sent: Wednesday, June 14, 2006 6:11:06 AM
    Subject: Re: VeriChat 700p

Thank you for contacting PDAapps Support.

We are looking into supporting Treo700p and will let you know when a new
    version will be released.

Thanks for your Patience.

PDAapps Support Team
    http://www.pdaapps.com/support.html"

Hmmmm "looking into supporting" doesn't mean they will anytime soon. I'm looking into making about 3million this year...wanna wait?

~These aren't the droids we're looking for. Move along...move along
    When I got a similar message, I asked them if that meant they would or wouldn't be releasing a new version compatible. Their response was yes, but they didn't know when. I think the issue is clearly loss of the developer.
  19.    #139  
    Day 16 and counting.

Again, mojo and dgilman, SAND.

Given that Verichat is a service, and not a product, the expectations are different, and your analogies are misapplied.
    Quote Originally Posted by mikec
    Day 16 and counting.

Again, mojo and dgilman, SAND.

Given that Verichat is a service, and not a product, the expectations are different, and your analogies are misapplied.
    Dude listen to yourself...just stop and listen. Yes it's a service, but 'THEY NEVER SAID IT WOULD WORK WITH THE TREO 700P'...never ever ever. There is no link, you can't find anyting via google or by searching their page and their emails are vague at best as to when they will.

So you can't honestly think that it's their fault that we just expected it to work. Get over it. If all you want to do is text then getting a 700p was not worth the upgrade bottom line. If texting is vital to your business then get a 650. Better yet get a black berry….I can’t believe I just said that. :-(
Page 7 of 21 FirstFirst ... 2345678910111217 ... LastLast