Page 6 of 21 FirstFirst 123456789101116 ... LastLast
    Hmm I don't know about you but I see nothing that says this will work with the 700p. So what's the issue? I have a 700p, but VeriChat isn't available for it ATM.

System Requirements
    VeriChat Standard Edition
    VeriChat Standard Edition is compatible with any PalmOS 3.5 or higher device that has a network connection.

* Works with all Palm OS based SmartPhones (that have a data connection - circuit-switched data or high-speed data) including the Treo 650, Treo 600, Treo 180, Treo 270, Treo 300, Samsung I500, Samsung I330, Samsung I300, Kyocera 7135, Kyocera 6035, VisorPhone, etc.
    * Works on the Tungsten C and the Sony UX/NX/NZ series devices with a WiFi network connection.
    * Will also work with PalmOS PDAs that use phone via IR (infra-red) or BlueTooth for their internet connectivity e.g., a Tungsten T/T2/T3 or a Treo 90 coupled via Bluetooth with a Bluetooth phone or Bluetooth access point.
    * You can also use VeriChat with your Palm device that has a CDPD modem in combination with your alphanumeric pager.

VeriChat Premium Edition
    VeriChat Premium Edition is compatible with any PalmOS 5.0 or higher device that has a network connection.

* Works with the Treo 650 and 600, Tungstens C, E, T, T2, T3 and T5, Zire 72, 31, Sony UX and NX series, and other PalmOS 5 devices.

You will also need one or more of an active instant messaging (IM) account on one of the following IM networks.

* Yahoo! IM
    * MSN Messenger (.NET)
    * AOL Instant Messenger
    More information about Standard Edition and Premium Edition can be found here.
    ^

read where it says 'Works with ALL Palm OS Smartphones'
    Quote Originally Posted by trim81
    ^

read where it says 'Works with ALL Palm OS Smartphones'
    yea but they also clarified what All is. So if I was them I would feel no preassure to fix what technically isn't broken
    That's fine if they don't specify a 700P in the system requirements. A whole slew of other Palm based apps lost some or all functionality when users installed them on the 700P, but most of those developers went full speed ahead to make sure their products were fixed to work on the 700P (search for them on the board).

What I don't understand is why PDAapps has NOT acknowledged the 700P ANYWHERE on their website, support forum, or other when it's obvious MANY users have a serious issue with Verichat and the 700P.

For a service that carries yearly subscriptions, you'd think some PDAapps support person somewhere would mention something about the problems we've been having on the website...
    Verizon Pre 2, HP TouchPad

Catch me on Twitter

Google+ Me
    Quote Originally Posted by badMojo69
    yea but they also clarified what All is. So if I was them I would feel no preassure to fix what technically isn't broken
    Why do you argue? Verichat was obviously made for the smartphone platform. The Treo 700p is obviously the best PalmOS based smartphone on the market right now. Verichat does not work with the 700p. Users who have subscriptions read it as ALL Palm OS Smartphones because that's what explicitly guaranteed. They don't define what ALL is, they just tell you examples of those phones.

Example: If I said I like ALL forum members, including you and me, am I saying I like everybody on the forum or just you and me? Case Closed. Please don't argue mute points.
    Quote Originally Posted by JesseJstreet
    That's fine if they don't specify a 700P in the system requirements. A whole slew of other Palm based apps lost some or all functionality when users installed them on the 700P, but most of those developers went full speed ahead to make sure their products were fixed to work on the 700P (search for them on the board).

What I don't understand is why PDAapps has NOT acknowledged the 700P ANYWHERE on their website, support forum, or other when it's obvious MANY users have a serious issue with Verichat and the 700P.

For a service that carries yearly subscriptions, you'd think some PDAapps support person somewhere would mention something about the problems we've been having on the website...
    well that's just it they don't support the 700p so why do they have to say or do anything.
    Maybe we should do a petition or something? I paid the full year subscription price for VeriChat less than two months ago, but I had my Treo 650 then. If they have no plans to suppor the 700P, then I want a refund.
    Quote Originally Posted by Merlyn_3D
    Why do you argue? Verichat was obviously made for the smartphone platform. The Treo 700p is obviously the best PalmOS based smartphone on the market right now. Verichat does not work with the 700p. Users who have subscriptions read it as ALL Palm OS Smartphones because that's what explicitly guaranteed. They don't define what ALL is, they just tell you examples of those phones.

Example: If I said I like ALL forum members, including you and me, am I saying I like everybody on the forum or just you and me? Case Closed. Please don't argue mute points.
    show me where it says 'example'. that's a list of supported devices. I have a 700p and a verichat sub. it doesn't work atm...fully. I knew that before I got it. so ill use something else like that one of the ones listed in the first thread. don't get tied to one vendor none of them care about you.
    Quote Originally Posted by IsLNdbOi
    Maybe we should do a petition or something? I paid the full year subscription price for VeriChat less than two months ago, but I had my Treo 650 then. If they have no plans to suppor the 700P, then I want a refund.
    a refund for what? they don't say they suppot it.
    a refund for what? they don't say they suppot it.
    I want a refund if they have no plans on supporting the 700P. That means I will have paid for a full year subscription and will have gotten less than two months use of it.

I don't care what you think. Everyone here is entitled to their own opinions.
    Quote Originally Posted by IsLNdbOi
    I want a refund if they have no plans on supporting the 700P. That means I will have paid for a full year subscription and will have gotten less than two months use of it.

I don't care what you think. Everyone here is entitled to their own opinions.
    no one said you can't have an opinion, but to claim a company should give a refund because you didn't read their list of supported devices is just strange. none of us are children we purchased a $600 device we should have done our own home work.
    Hmmm... You don't think I read that compatibility list before I purchased VeriChat? Also, didn't you read that I had a Treo 650 when I purchased it? What do you think they should do with the 8 more months I have on my subscription?

Seems like you work for them since you're defending them so strongly. I'm not the only one that thinks I'm entitled to a refund (full or partial).
    Also, you'd think they would update it promptly to work with the 700P, I mean come on... Wasn't the 700P the longest beta tested Treo (supposedly)? They also could have downloaded the simulator from the developer's site (yes I know its not exactly like having a unit to test with).

Also, the Treo line seems to be one of their primary focuses with VeriChat.
    What difference does that make? If all they want to do for their customers is the minimum that they have to then that's a terrible way to do business.

The kind of smartphone user that is willing to early adopt a 700p is the kind of customer that's in postition to recommend their product. These are the kind of customers good business want to take care of.

The 700p has been on the way for a long time. It uses the same OS. Whatever changes were necessary should have been ready at or near launch.

I'm using Toccer because it's free. It's not as sophisticated as Verichat, but with a couple of additions, it would be an adequate replacement.

Someone needs to step up and write a well designed chat app for the Treo that doesn't require a subscription. I know that I'm looking for a permanent alternative to Verichat now.
    show me where it says 'example'. that's a list of supported devices. I have a 700p and a verichat sub. it doesn't work atm...fully. I knew that before I got it. so ill use something else like that one of the ones listed in the first thread. don't get tied to one vendor none of them care about you.
    I don't know what you're trying to prove here or why you keep arguing. All I'm saying is it says it works on all Palm OS based smartphones. The Treo 700p is a Palm OS based smartphone. By the transitive property, one can deduce that it SHOULD work on the Treo 700p.

At no point do they say it ONLY works on the Treo 650, 600, etc.
    Quote Originally Posted by Merlyn_3D
    I don't know what you're trying to prove here or why you keep arguing. All I'm saying is it says it works on all Palm OS based smartphones. The Treo 700p is a Palm OS based smartphone. By the transitive property, one can deduce that it SHOULD work on the Treo 700p.

At no point do they say it ONLY works on the Treo 650, 600, etc.
    That's an assumption and you know what they say about assuming. No where on their site do they mention the 700p. So the smart money is on call them or email before you 'assume' it just will work on anything not listed. And I have a question for everyone who thinks I'm wrong. say vchat has no intentions on fixing this for 700P, then what are you going to do?
    BadMojo -

They have said they are working on it, they just don't have an ETA. So your point is moot.

Beyond that, the arguing back and forth here is pretty unproductive, I think.

The fact is, Verichat is not working on the 700p and it is not at all unreasonable to think that it should be. It is also not unreasonable that there were compability issues when a new device came out--that has happened with my past upgrades. But this fix has been slow and nebulous, thus the frustration voiced by many here.

If you don't share it, good for you.
    Quote Originally Posted by MikeElmendorf
    BadMojo -

They have said they are working on it, they just don't have an ETA. So your point is moot.

Beyond that, the arguing back and forth here is pretty unproductive, I think.

The fact is, Verichat is not working on the 700p and it is not at all unreasonable to think that it should be. It is also not unreasonable that there were compability issues when a new device came out--that has happened with my past upgrades. But this fix has been slow and nebulous, thus the frustration voiced by many here.

If you don't share it, good for you.
    No my point is not moot. people asking for refunds is moot as if Vchat was hiding the fact that it did not work with the 700p. And where is this link from vchat that says they are working on a fix?
    -Nuff Said.
    PDAApps has told me--twice--via e-mail that it WILL be fixed, they just don't know when and it "might be a while."
    Quote Originally Posted by MikeElmendorf
    PDAApps has told me--twice--via e-mail that it WILL be fixed, they just don't know when and it "might be a while."
    Strange, Elvis just sent me the same email. lol Nuff Said