Page 4 of 21 FirstFirst 12345678914 ... LastLast
    Global Posts
    562 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by TripleNickle
    May I ask.. is there any IM software that will work on the Palm 700p and is good for
    occasional/casual IM use?
    Try out Causerie, Mundu, and IM+ to see if you work for you on the 700p. So far Causerie works the best for me, although I haven't tried IM+ yet. Let us know!
    Global Posts
    562 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by MikeElmendorf
    I think some people need a vacation.
    Always, Mike......always.....
    I emailed Mundu and asked them flat out if the program would work on the 700P...they haven't replied yet.
    IM+ Crashed on me every time I started the program, so I never gave it a try. Mundu worked when it felt like it and sometimes it didn't work. I liked Mundu's interface, but didn't like that sometimes it says I'm logged onto YM when I wasn't. Resetting the Treo or restarting Mundu didn't solve the problem.

I decided to buy Causerie not because it's the best, but because it's the only one out there that supports multiple IM's.
    I can't get my account to connect at allmuch less stay connected. If this what others are finding. It wasn't clear to me whether it was as basic as no cconections or just advanced features.

Thanks

Marv
    My thoughts exactly!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by dcpmark
    Wow. Did you sign up for some "charge me forever" plan through Verichat that I missed, or did you sign up for a one-year subscription for the supported 600/650 that the rest of us signed up for? No one told you to buy an unsupported phone within a few weeks of its release expecting all software you used on a previous supported phone to be updated prior to your purchase. And the rest of you: you couldn't wait til others reported no problems with Verichat before you had to have the 700p in your hot little hands, especially since you apparently you can't live without IMing your friends for a short time?

I myself made the mistake of ASSUMING Verichat would work, and I paid my renewal AFTER I went from my 600 to my 700p, and yes, I would have loved for them to fix quickly, preferably before the 700p even came out. But it was MY fault, not theirs. Listening to you guys complain that they are not fixing it fast enough for you shows that you feel some sort of entitlement, that they OWE you something. Wrong. They owe you a one-year subscription to a supported device....nothing more. You don't like what they are doing? They don't update enough for you? Find another product that you do like, and stop whining like two-year olds who didn't get a nap. I for one can't wait for the fix, and I let Pdaapps know I am anxiously awaiting a supported version. But as long as you continue to whine about it, people like DGilman can feel free to comment on what whiners you are.

Rant over.
    Quote Originally Posted by dcpmark
    Wow. Did you sign up for some "charge me forever" plan through Verichat that I missed, or did you sign up for a one-year subscription for the supported 600/650 that the rest of us signed up for?

Actually, I signed up for lifetime support...free upgrades...no yearly fee, which I guess you did miss out on as it was offered the day they released Verichat and was running for a few weeks only. I've never paid a yearly fee to them.

I registered on January 1, 2003

I received this email:

Thank you for subscribing to the VeriChat service from PDAapps.com

Your registration ID is:

XXXXXXXXXXXX

Your License code is:

XXXXXXXXXXXX

With this code, your service will expire on Sun Jan 1 00:07:58 2023
    Global Posts
    442 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by cue79
    What's really steamy is that they don't even have the guts to come to this board and respond to any of the issues.
    How many people work at PDAapps? I don't know. Do you? If it's just a handfull, would you rather have them working on their code or spending hours here answering questions? Many Palm software houses are tiny operations and just can't dedicate an employee to sit all day answering forum questions here and everywhere else.

I know it's frustrating for it to break on the 700p, but patience is a virtue. I have a ton of apps on my 650 that I haven't migrated to my 700p yet. One by one I'll get to it. Meanwhile when I'm out and about I find myself carrying BOTH Treos, using the 650 for some things, and the 700p for others, mainly Web browsing since EVDO is so frreakin' fast I can download huge Web sites in a fraction of the time the 650 takes.

I smell a 700p ROM revision coming sooner than later. Palm might have pushed this thing out the door too soon. But when you've spent millions in development of a new product, the bean counters an the stockholders want to see some money recouped, and quickly. That's why a lot of products are released with glitches and bugs. They want to get some money on the books. And not a cent comes in until they start selling whatever it is, making the initial adopters / first kid on the block / gotta have it as soon as I can get it folks de facto Beta testers after the fact.

I don't like it any more than you do but it's a reality of the wacky world of consumer electronics, handhelds, and software.

I could tell you tales of Amiga software houses that released ALPHA versions of programs in fancy boxes for $200 or $300 that were months away from being ready to release. And why do they do it? They need income to pay the coders, so the customer empties his wallet and gets software in a fancy box that isn't even close to finished. It's a situation I've seen more times than you've had hot meals. Give'em time, they'll eventually fix it. Yeah, it sucks but it's the way things are.

Harv
    Do NOT send email to harv at treocentral dot com - it will never reach me.. forwarding from that address to my real address was hijacked in early 2008, and I can't fix it.. send me a private message instead or email me directly at my RR address..
    been using toccer for AIM for two days now. i think it works really well. i get messages even when it's running in the background (as long as evdo stays connected) and the interface is easy to use. i had a 15-20 minutes session today and it did some considerable drain on my battery life... probably a combination of the evdo usage and my screen being on a fairly bright setting. with it running in the background with evdo on for the past few hours i haven't noticed a difference in normal battery drain.
    Global Posts
    562 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by firstbeat
    Actually, I signed up for lifetime support...free upgrades...no yearly fee, which I guess you did miss out on as it was offered the day they released Verichat and was running for a few weeks only. I've never paid a yearly fee to them.

I registered on January 1, 2003
    LOL! That's STILL not the "charge me forever" plan that k1Davis seems to have, and I'd be willing to bet that that "lifetime support" didn't specify that they had to support every device that came along at the time of its release, nor did it include a time frame for when they must release updates, or even if they HAD to update their program.

With this code, your service will expire on Sun Jan 1 00:07:58 2023
    Huh. Unless you plan on dying on New Year's Eve 2022, that doesn't sound like "lifetime support" at all. Unless of course they were referring to the lifetime of the device you bought it for, as the 600 wasn't even released until 10/03......
    I actually emailed them and asked them that question and they told me that follow up codes would be issued when needed.
    I actually emailed them and asked them that question and they told me that follow up codes would be issued when needed.
    If verichat were to offer that again when they released a 700p compatible version, I'd jump on it. Here's to hoping.
    more reasons why most palm software should be freeware or optional to donate
    By the way...I'm very very very impressed with Mondu. I've had it running on my 700P for a few hours now. Getting incoming alerts, pop ups if I want them. The buddy list view takes some getting used to, but once I set to only show online buddies it got much better. Can definately live with this till Verichat comes out, and who knows...I may just stick with it if it doesn't cause any restes or crashes!

Try it out!
    Global Posts
    562 Global Posts
    Yeah, I really liked Mundu too, but I can't get it to alert me when I have the sound switch off, and the screen is dark. That's how I carry my 700p most of the day, so I need a vibration alert when I get a new IM. When you turn on the screen you can see the notification, and you get a sound alert if the sound switch is on, but no vibration while the screen is dark and the sound switch was off. Couldn't get it to work, no matter what settings I tried.....
    Did anyone else think the battery life was far worse with Mundu running?
    I haven't had it installed long enough to determine, but I'll keep an eye open for that.
    So is Mundu better than Causerie? We all know that Verichat is better than both.

Al
    I tried Causerie for a day, got a reset today while exiting the app. App deleted.

Are you guys trying the v2 or v3 version of Mundu?
    v3 of Mundu for me. No battery drain. Only negative thing I can say is I don't get a sound on imcoming ims while I'm in the application. No problems when I'm not in the application. Liking it more and more I must say...
Page 4 of 21 FirstFirst 12345678914 ... LastLast