Page 3 of 21 FirstFirst 1234567813 ... LastLast
    I tried them all and their interface is not as intuitive as Verichat. Though Verichat has the worst customer support. They know they are good so they are taking advange out of it.

Al
    So I've been writing Verichat support about their software not working with my 700P and the last email I sent was somewhat harsh. Here's the response I got after I complained about paying the yearly fee for now-broken software:

"We have generated a discount coupon for the remaining period of Your
    VeriChat subscription.
    The Discount coupon is given below and can be used on PDAapps store till 1
    year of its generation.

Discount Coupon No: ##### (blanked out)
    Discount Amount : $8.00

Thanks for your Patience."

Problem is... none of the other Palm based software they have for purchase is documented as being 700P friendly!! What's the use!!??

Did anyone else get this email?

LORD.
    Verizon Pre 2, HP TouchPad

Catch me on Twitter

Google+ Me
    I don't either but at least it works! Frigging Verichat hasn't had a major update in a long time!
    I don't want a discount or anything else--I just want this product to work! I'm back on my 650 because of it and PTunes.
    I'm currently trying both Causerie and Mundu. Mundu's advantage is that it's a 1 time fee instead of subscription. Causerie is holding a sale though (wonder why?).
  6.    #46  
    it's Day 10....

Small fix....if you force EVDO mode, you can't get SMS, so Verichat always on won't work.

Since I diasbled it, Verichat seems to be okay.

I will post more after a stress test.
    Quote Originally Posted by mikec
    it's Day 10....

Small fix....if you force EVDO mode, you can't get SMS, so Verichat always on won't work.

Since I diasbled it, Verichat seems to be okay.

I will post more after a stress test.
    How do you force or unforce EVDO mode? And what is it set to at default?
    Oh and... what does this do anyway? heh
    Mike - Aren't you having problems with Verichat disconnecting? Mine wouldn't hold a connection when in background, and I was not getting most of the IMs received when it was. I never forced EVDO.
    Quote Originally Posted by treoneo
    I don't either but at least it works! Frigging Verichat hasn't had a major update in a long time!
    It's not working for me (background mode, etc).

They haven't released an update for the 700p have they? I told the software to check for one and got nothing.

And what's this about a discount?!? I don't want to pay less for software that won't work for me. I could almost (kinda, barely) understand if they chose not to update Verichat for newer devices.. IF they weren't charging a subscription.

Have we even heard anything from them? Sigh
  10.    #50  
    Quote Originally Posted by MikeElmendorf
    Mike - Aren't you having problems with Verichat disconnecting? Mine wouldn't hold a connection when in background, and I was not getting most of the IMs received when it was. I never forced EVDO.

Yes, problem still exists...disco city.
  11.    #51  
    Okay...after couple hours of stess testing...

VERICHAT STILL BROKEN ON TREO 700P.

I wonder if they will give a credit for the time it's not working...
    Things Causerie is missing from Verichat:

I think the biggest reason why I don't find Causerie user friendly is because there is:

1.No option to view a single group of all my ONLINE contacts regardless the type of IM account. In other words I see that Causerie only uses the file tree format, but it makes more sense to create a screan of only ONLINE buddies and nothing else. Seriously, most of the time that's all I care and I know it is nice to see all those grouping options but it defeats the purpose of instant availability.

2. I don't see an option to configure ChatterEmail as my default email application for emailing buddies.

3. I can't see a way to send a file to a buddy. I'm can't receive either.

4. There is no Email Buddy button from the chat window toolbar.

5. There is no format text color, font size button on the chat toolbar.

6. The Nicknames from my buddies and myself don't get change in the chatting window. It shows the full email address even though I have changed it.

7. I don't see an option to save logs on the SD card.

8. I don't see an option to select sounds of IMs

Al
    Al -

#1 on your list is the biggest problem for me. It also seemed to eat my battery more than Verichat.

PDAApps did e-mail me back today and said that there WILL be a fix, but they don't know when. I'd rather have it now, but at least we know it is coming. At first I was wondering.
    I don't want a discount or anything else--I just want this product to work! I'm back on my 650 because of it and PTunes.
    Did Verichat ever say it would work on the 700P?

It seems you all say they DON'T list the 700P as supported, and you subscribed to Verichat when you had a supported device. Now you don't have a supported device, and you're upset that you are having problems?

Unless Verichat promised to support the 700P when it came out, I don't really see what you are all moaning about.
    Quote Originally Posted by dgilman
    Did Verichat ever say it would work on the 700P?

It seems you all say they DON'T list the 700P as supported, and you subscribed to Verichat when you had a supported device. Now you don't have a supported device, and you're upset that you are having problems?

Unless Verichat promised to support the 700P when it came out, I don't really see what you are all moaning about.
    Well, your PDAapps buddies main focus of service is the Treo line and you would think they would be ready for a major release such as the 700p. Therefore, the fact that they don't at least show their face and say they will fix it makes everybody upset. Well, at least they are saying they will be fixing it now.

Al
    DGilman - I don't know how many people are listing the 700p as a supported device because it just came out. And these problems have arisen with other software when previous Treos have come out--but they have all been corrected relatively quickly. I think the cause of the angst here is that PDAApps has been less than specific about the fix. A little information goes a long way.

And, if you don't share the concern of the many individuals who have posted in the threads on this, I'd invite you to enjoy one of the hundreds of others offered here at Treocentral.
    And, if you don't share the concern of the many individuals who have posted in the threads on this, I'd invite you to enjoy one of the hundreds of others offered here at Treocentral.
    Very well said Mike. Verichat is subscription software. If they want to charge me indefinitely, they should support me indefinitely. Though it's not explicitly guaranteed, it's far from unreasonable to expect that they would support the very functionally similar upgrade from the 650 to the 700.

What did they expect? That they could charge us forever and we'd never get new phones?
    May I ask.. is there any IM software that will work on the Palm 700p and is good for
    occasional/casual IM use?
    Global Posts
    562 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by k1davis
    Very well said Mike. Verichat is subscription software. If they want to charge me indefinitely, they should support me indefinitely. Though it's not explicitly guaranteed, it's far from unreasonable to expect that they would support the very functionally similar upgrade from the 650 to the 700.

What did they expect? That they could charge us forever and we'd never get new phones?
    Wow. Did you sign up for some "charge me forever" plan through Verichat that I missed, or did you sign up for a one-year subscription for the supported 600/650 that the rest of us signed up for? No one told you to buy an unsupported phone within a few weeks of its release expecting all software you used on a previous supported phone to be updated prior to your purchase. And the rest of you: you couldn't wait til others reported no problems with Verichat before you had to have the 700p in your hot little hands, especially since you apparently you can't live without IMing your friends for a short time?

I myself made the mistake of ASSUMING Verichat would work, and I paid my renewal AFTER I went from my 600 to my 700p, and yes, I would have loved for them to fix quickly, preferably before the 700p even came out. But it was MY fault, not theirs. Listening to you guys complain that they are not fixing it fast enough for you shows that you feel some sort of entitlement, that they OWE you something. Wrong. They owe you a one-year subscription to a supported device....nothing more. You don't like what they are doing? They don't update enough for you? Find another product that you do like, and stop whining like two-year olds who didn't get a nap. I for one can't wait for the fix, and I let Pdaapps know I am anxiously awaiting a supported version. But as long as you continue to whine about it, people like DGilman can feel free to comment on what whiners you are.

Rant over.
    Last edited by dcpmark; 06/08/2006 at 05:48 PM.
    I think some people need a vacation.
Page 3 of 21 FirstFirst 1234567813 ... LastLast