Page 20 of 21 FirstFirst ... 1015161718192021 LastLast
    Global Posts
    562 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by badMojo69
    I'd love to buy Causerie, but I need the ability to upload pics during my IM sessions. Does or will Causerie be supporting this functionality?
    Doesn't look like it:

http://www.mantragroup.com/forums/showthread.php?t=209
    Global Posts
    562 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by mikec
    dcpmark,

Time for a hard reset.
    Okay. Hard reset of my Verizon 700p, followed by an installation of only the VeriChat hack. Nothing else. No Hotsync. Factory virgin with only VeriChat. I didn't even sync PIM data. Set up Data mode, set up AIM only, and got the same result as before. VeriChat would send 'away' and 'back' notices while I was in background mode (in Palm Launcher with the screen dark). When I would turn the 700p screen back on after a more than a few minutes, the Service Connection dialog box showed that the Network was connecting to Broadband Access, signing on, establishing, etc. I don't believe that this is how Data mode is supposed to work.....it certainly didn't work this way for 2.5 years on my Sprint 600.

SMS mode worked much better. No 'away' and 'back' notices. Also, no immediate reconnection by the Network when I awoke the screen a few minutes later. No VeriChat dialog boxes saying that VeriChat was re-connecting to AIM. However, when I went to Web and selected a new page, the Network had to reconnect at that point. Snappermail also had to reconnect to the Network with a manual retrieval. Some people may not have any problem with this configuration, or even notice it: that's how my Sony UX50 worked when using VeriChat through a BT connection to my Moto V3c. While that may be the way that SMS mode is supposed to work, that's not really acceptable to me. I don't want the Network to have to reconnect whenever I use it after the 700p has been in Standby for more than a few minutes.

So, after weeks of testing the hack, I stand by my original assertion: I don't believe that this program works as it should on a Verizon 700p with an EVDO Network connection in Data mode. This is not a 'hack' problem....it's in the app itself. Since it reconnects the Network automatically I would speculate that anyone using this combo either doesn't notice the problem or doesn't care. However, neither Mundu nor Causerie terminate the Network connection by itself or in combination with any other app.
    Last edited by dcpmark; 07/09/2006 at 11:53 AM.
    helo.. really like verichat.. i got patched for verichat 2.86b but not 2.89b since the latter use gprs connection to send msg instead of SMS..

Quote Originally Posted by HandyDJs.com
    The patch seems to have worked for me. I set it to use the data connection instead of SMS (I don't have free SMS on my account and I keep the treo on the charger at my computer or in the car). So I can't say whether the SMS is still broken, but the data connection is working just as good as on the 650.
    Global Posts
    25 Global Posts
    I'm just curious, does anyone else while chatting with verichat (I'm using 2.86b) do you get your spaces replaced with %20's ? like what should look like this

hello there .. how are you?
    looks like this
    hello%20there%20..%20how%20are%20you?
    no...I haven't seen that.
  6. HUSH
    Just installed this vchat hack. Here's my test results, 1 hr. of testing.

Im using verizon and did a clean install with hack. This is the only 3rd app installed.

1. did not disconnect
    2. RESETED ONCE <<<----------
    3. aim goes on away mode every 5 min and returns within 5 sec.
    4. battery drains faster
    Global Posts
    562 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by HUSH
    Just installed this vchat hack. Here's my test results, 1 hr. of testing.

Im using verizon and did a clean install with hack. This is the only 3rd app installed.

1. did not disconnect
    2. RESETED ONCE <<<----------
    3. aim goes on away mode every 5 min and returns within 5 sec.
    4. battery drains faster
    Thanks for the confirmation. I am assuming you were using data connection mode. When you say it did not disconnect, do you mean it did not disconnect from AIM? VeriChat's servers are supposed to keep your AIM account online, so unless the server gets the signal to disconnect it should always keep you on AIM.

If you still have the program installed, can you check one more thing for me? Enter background mode and go to the Phone App or your launcher. Then put the screen to sleep. Wait 5 minutes, then turn on your screen and immediately try to use Web. Do you see any dialog boxes at the bottom of your screen?
    Global Posts
    173 Global Posts
    Does Verichat have an ETA on a REAL 700P version?

For all others, try this, it DOES work well www.webmessenger.com

Karl
    qtqtqt.com
    webmessenger appears to be either for windows or blackberry. Don't see a 700P solution there.
    Global Posts
    562 Global Posts
    Yeah, the website could be better. You have to look hard for it:

http://www.webmessenger.com/products/mimpalm.htm
    Quote Originally Posted by dcpmark
    Thanks for the confirmation. I am assuming you were using data connection mode. When you say it did not disconnect, do you mean it did not disconnect from AIM? VeriChat's servers are supposed to keep your AIM account online, so unless the server gets the signal to disconnect it should always keep you on AIM.

If you still have the program installed, can you check one more thing for me? Enter background mode and go to the Phone App or your launcher. Then put the screen to sleep. Wait 5 minutes, then turn on your screen and immediately try to use Web. Do you see any dialog boxes at the bottom of your screen?
    Im using DATA mode only for the test. Checked out what you wanted me to do. Turned on my screen after 5 min. i was still on the phone app (1st test) web (2nd test) and saw the dialog box, aim reconnecting/loggin in. Earlier today it also disconnected on me twice and i wasnt on the phone app. This hack works a lil better but its not a FIX on DATA mode! I cant say its a FIX if it doesnt do what its suppose to do. Which aim 3rd app works great for 700p with no issues?
    Global Posts
    562 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by HUSH
    Im using DATA mode only for the test. Checked out what you wanted me to do. Turned on my screen after 5 min. i was still on the phone app (1st test) web (2nd test) and saw the dialog box, aim reconnecting/loggin in. Earlier today it also disconnected on me twice and i wasnt on the phone app. This hack works a lil better but its not a FIX on DATA mode! I cant say its a FIX if it doesnt do what its suppose to do. Which aim 3rd app works great for 700p with no issues?
    Of the ones I've tested, the latest Causerie beta (3.4.2x) works with the least amount of problems. It's still VERY slow to exit out of the program in background mode. I haven't tested the other solution posted in this thread (WebMessenger). Some use Toccer for AIM and are happy....I've never tried it myself. Mundu looks nice but I had alert problems while in "Sound Off" mode, and IM+ was a disaster on my 700p!

Thanks again for confirming my testing results of the VeriChat hack for the Verizon 700p.
    I'm having issue with the hack version now. My phone will not wake up with Verichat installed. If I remove it no problems. As soon as I install it, 20 min later I cant wake up my phone. Anyone know what gives?
    Quote Originally Posted by aznmode
    I'm having issue with the hack version now. My phone will not wake up with Verichat installed. If I remove it no problems. As soon as I install it, 20 min later I cant wake up my phone. Anyone know what gives?

when you say it wont wake up...do you mean when an IM is sent to you..or it wont wake up for anything, including a phone call?

I'm having the same issue for IM's randomly....
    Palm Infocenter's software store has a sale this week on Causerie Premiere Edition. It's $26.99 ($3.00 off regular price), then you can use the coupon "JULY20" to get an extra 20% off bringing the total price of Causerie Premiere to $21.59.

That's a great deal on a solid IM app. that has full developer support for it and the 700P.
    VeriChat.RunsLike650.prc works like a charm on my 680. Thanks amtatar
    Can anyone point me to a link to the hacked VeriChat program for the 700p?
    Quote Originally Posted by amtatar View Post
    Since Intellisync/PDAApps obviously isn't doing anything about this I made a little hack of the latest version that should help out. This makes Varichat belive the 700p is actually a 650, and it behaves accordingly. So far I have been able to use it with "Always On" set to data, and it receives messages and vibrates properly. I have no idea whether SMS triggering works or not.

If you have NEVER installed Verichat you should be able to just install this and it will work.

If you HAVE installed Verichat before you have to do some cleanup first. Do a WARM reset by holding "up" while doing a reset. This causes the phone to not load any additional libraries during boot. Once you are back up use Filez or something similar to delete "VeriChat" AND "VeriChatUtils" from the device, then reset again normally. You can now install this version, and it should detect as a 650 and offer you the associated options.

Good Luck!
    I ran the hacked Verichat, as well as the normal Verichat before that (yes, I deleted all Verichat files with Uninstall Manager before running the hacked version) in my Treo 680, but both say that "VeriChatUtils is missing". Seems they can't create it?

Can someone with the hacked Verichat working just fine on a Treo 680 send his/her hacked VeriChatUtils PRC file, please? My E-mail is mancini -at- mandic -dot- com -dot- br, thank you in advance!
    Quote Originally Posted by IsLNdbOi View Post
    Palm Infocenter's software store has a sale this week on Causerie Premiere Edition. It's $26.99 ($3.00 off regular price), then you can use the coupon "JULY20" to get an extra 20% off bringing the total price of Causerie Premiere to $21.59.

That's a great deal on a solid IM app. that has full developer support for it and the 700P.
    Just remembering that Causerie, just like Verichat did and WebMessenger does, charges per year (WebMessenger has a per-month plan as well). IM+ and Mundu have a one-time feem you buy it and you're done.

Personally, I have tried a bunch of them and they all have their strenghts and shortcomings, but no one has a background operation like Verichat did(does)... So if I manage to get Verichat to work in my Treo 680 (see above post), I will probably use it "until it stops".
    Quote Originally Posted by HUSH View Post
    AIM only? Toccer. Works flawlessly. And the basic version is completely free.