Page 18 of 21 FirstFirst ... 8131415161718192021 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by GregC
    Since many are pissed off at Verichat...is there a way to make the verichat program think it is running on a treo 600 vs the treo 650 hacked? My subscription is with my old 600 which I cannot use anymore because I've upgraded to the 700p. It seems like those here had a treo650 and upgraded to the treo 700p and because of the "hack" they are able to use their existing subscription service. Someone correct me if I'm wrong. I know that the palm OS on the treo 600 is different than the treo 650 and treo 700p, but it seems like a simple thing to change in the verichat program to trick it to think it is running on a different palm OS.

It would be nice if I could still use my verichat subscription still.
    I bought Verichat when I was using the 600, and my registration code still works on my 700P...it has nothing to do with the hardware. If you bought a yearly license your code will work for one year regardless of which phone you have it on. If you have a lifetime license you can use it on any Palm OS device.
    Quote Originally Posted by firstbeat
    I bought Verichat when I was using the 600, and my registration code still works on my 700P...it has nothing to do with the hardware. If you bought a yearly license your code will work for one year regardless of which phone you have it on. If you have a lifetime license you can use it on any Palm OS device.
    Same
  3.    #343  
    Quote Originally Posted by GregC
    Since many are pissed off at Verichat...is there a way to make the verichat program think it is running on a treo 600 vs the treo 650 hacked? My subscription is with my old 600 which I cannot use anymore because I've upgraded to the 700p. It seems like those here had a treo650 and upgraded to the treo 700p and because of the "hack" they are able to use their existing subscription service. Someone correct me if I'm wrong. I know that the palm OS on the treo 600 is different than the treo 650 and treo 700p, but it seems like a simple thing to change in the verichat program to trick it to think it is running on a different palm OS.

It would be nice if I could still use my verichat subscription still.
    It would be "nice", if by "nice" you mean "nice to steal".
    I haven't read this thread for a while now and now I hear something about hacks that makes VeriChat work?? Time to re-read this whole thread again and get this "hack."
    What other app is best for AIM and Yahoo messenger since now it is apparent this application will never be updated??

Anything else peopel ar eusing that works great and has the offline SMS feature?
    Quote Originally Posted by MikeRadio
    What other app is best for AIM and Yahoo messenger since now it is apparent this application will never be updated??

Anything else peopel ar eusing that works great and has the offline SMS feature?
    Well, I tried the Verichat "hack" that was posted here as a last resort to get my Vchat up and running but to no avail... still broke and probably will be for a looong time.

I've just registered Causerie and am happy with it despite the HEAVY battery hit I take running it and Chatter in the background.. sheesh!!
    Verizon Pre 2, HP TouchPad

Catch me on Twitter

Google+ Me
    The patch seems to have worked for me. I set it to use the data connection instead of SMS (I don't have free SMS on my account and I keep the treo on the charger at my computer or in the car). So I can't say whether the SMS is still broken, but the data connection is working just as good as on the 650.

Sprint Pre & Motorola H300 BT headset

Dead devices: Palm Pro; Palm III; Treo 600, 650, 700p, 755p; Centro
    Yes, I finally updated my tagline!
    Quote Originally Posted by spridell
    The only things is everytime i am on a phone call and i hang up the phone call i get that little verichat box on the bottom of the screen that says "verichat connection" and then it has to tabs saying "Hide" or "cancel".

Is this normal?

I never saw that message on my 650 that i had.
    If you're using the always-on data connection instead of sms notification, verichat needs to reconnect to the server after you hang up your phone, as loses connection while on a phone call.

Sprint Pre & Motorola H300 BT headset

Dead devices: Palm Pro; Palm III; Treo 600, 650, 700p, 755p; Centro
    Yes, I finally updated my tagline!
    Quote Originally Posted by dcpmark
    The last stable version is 3.2.4f. All the beta releases have been posted in the 700p beta support forum:

http://www.mantragroup.com/forums/showthread.php?t=198

I would wait until they release a final stable version without any debug logs.....at the rate they are going it probably won't be more than another day or two.
    YMMV. I have run 3.2.4f (which was also beta, BTW), 3.2.4w and now 3.2.4x -- which includes Treolo's desire for buddy grouping by online/offline status -- without any problems. Just look in the Causerie PALM discussion forum on Mantragroup's web site and seek the frequently updated 700P discussion. They've been posting update links in the forums and not necessarily on their download page -- a mistake in my opinion...
    Last edited by taroliw; 06/29/2006 at 12:13 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Treolo
    I hate to say this but It is working amazingly well. I have to try it on EVDO though. This proves that Verichat is not moving a finger in fxing the issue and that they have stop development on Verichat.
    Oh, I think that's exactly the problem. 2.89b had been out for quite a while even before this 700p issue surfaced. I think the combination of acquisitions by Intellisync and then Nokia may have been part of the cause... but never really did get a positive response from them on that question. But frustration over the lack of new releases was the biggest reason I didn't renew my subscription with them. Why bother funding development that isn't happening?
    Quote Originally Posted by JesseJstreet
    I've just registered Causerie and am happy with it despite the HEAVY battery hit I take running it and Chatter in the background.. sheesh!!
    You've had problems using the SMS mode? You running 3.2.3 or the latest 3.2.4x?
    Quote Originally Posted by taroliw
    You've had problems using the SMS mode? You running 3.2.3 or the latest 3.2.4x?
    I'm running in Always-On mode. Since I have unlimted web access, I don't see a need to run in SMS mode.
    Verizon Pre 2, HP TouchPad

Catch me on Twitter

Google+ Me
    Quote Originally Posted by taroliw
    YMMV. I have run 3.2.4f (which was also beta, BTW), 3.2.4w and now 3.2.4x -- which includes Treolo's desire for buddy grouping by online/offline status -- without any problems. Just look in the Causerie PALM discussion forum on Mantragroup's web site and seek the frequently updated 700P discussion. They've been posting update links in the forums and not necessarily on their download page -- a mistake in my opinion...
    Taroliw: Not everyone would like debug versions (unknown crashes) and we would not want to release it without any bugs and full testing. We take testing seriously and it usually takes 2-3 weeks for a build to come out.

A new site (would be deployed in 2 weeks) would give a link to download development version as an option.

Quote Originally Posted by causerie
    Taroliw: Not everyone would like debug versions (unknown crashes) and we would not want to release it without any bugs and full testing. We take testing seriously and it usually takes 2-3 weeks for a build to come out.
    Oh, I understand. But for those us impatient people who want updates fast, now, and keep them coming... having an easy link to the "beta" release is nice. For me, all software (medications, too, now that I come to think of it) is "beta". None of it ever gets tested so thoroughly as to have no issues. So keep the betas coming, yum yum yum!
    Quote Originally Posted by JesseJstreet
    I'm running in Always-On mode. Since I have unlimted web access, I don't see a need to run in SMS mode.
    OK, I'm confused. You mentioned your battery taking a bit hit. Maybe you don't care about SMS always-on mode, but your battery might thank you for it. Always-on in Causerie can be either data or SMS.
    Anyone notice that PDAapps the makers of Verichat is now owned by Intellisync, which just so happens to be owned by Nokia... hmm...
    Causerie,
    I just bought the Causerie premier edition from palmgear.com.The key they gave me is for the standard edition.What can I do to get the right key.Thanks
    owned by Nokia??? no wonder. what happened to the original guys who sold pdaapps to them? I am almost as mad at them as I am at Nokia!!!
  19.    #360  
    Moderators,

Since there is a fix to this issue (posted by amtartar in this thread and myself in another), can we get a lock on this thread?

I think it has served it's purpose.

Thanks.