Page 17 of 21 FirstFirst ... 712131415161718192021 LastLast
    mine has been working flawlessly for past 3 days. I do have Sprint though. It seems that the only issues are on Verizon. Only one crash! This is amazing because it would crash my Treo 10 times a day!!
    well, the 700P IS MUCH MORE stable than the 650....
  3.    #323  
    Quote Originally Posted by trim81
    mikec: refresh my memory. are you on Sprint or VZW?
    Sprint
    ahh yes. the OS is supposed to be more stable as a whole. I emailed Verichat demanding a refund or one year free subscription & they have not responded. These guys are the lowest of the low...
    PDAApps lack of serious responsiveness here makes me wonder if one day their server end service is just going to disappear. There is clearly a definite lack of committment to the product here.
    I have sprint and have been using the hacked version and everything seems to be working great.

The only things is everytime i am on a phone call and i hang up the phone call i get that little verichat box on the bottom of the screen that says "verichat connection" and then it has to tabs saying "Hide" or "cancel".

Is this normal?

I never saw that message on my 650 that i had.
    Quote Originally Posted by MikeElmendorf
    PDAApps lack of serious responsiveness here makes me wonder if one day their server end service is just going to disappear. There is clearly a definite lack of committment to the product here.
    I seriously doubt it. They're trying to push their windows mobile 5.0 version, and that's getting pretty consistent updates. They still need their server for that.
    can we get an edit on page one?
    Quote Originally Posted by spridell
    I have sprint and have been using the hacked version and everything seems to be working great.

The only things is everytime i am on a phone call and i hang up the phone call i get that little verichat box on the bottom of the screen that says "verichat connection" and then it has to tabs saying "Hide" or "cancel".

Is this normal?

I never saw that message on my 650 that i had.
    yes its normal. -happens on my treo 650 too.

*as a matter of fact, you WANT this to happen, this makes verichat relogin to its servers (for you to recieve your messages)

**Above is only true if you are running DATA mode, and not SMS
    Global Posts
    623 Global Posts
    I am on a Sprint Treo 700p. I restored my whole image from backupmap and my Verichat is up and running fine for AIM,MSN and Yahoo. No sweat. I would like a direct connect feature now that the bandwidth is there though.
  11.    #331  
    It's been several days, and Verichat is working great, thanks to the hack.

No need for always on "data"; SMS mode working perfect.

Amtartar, thanks again. I am even willing to send you a few bucks via PayPal for your efforts.
    I am getting a message that my trial license has expired (which it has) even after performing a warm reset, deleting all of the verichat files using FileZ and installing the hacked verichat. Is there a way to make this work? Perhaps another file to delete?
  13.    #333  
    Sir42,

You can fix this by paying for the service.

There is no free lunch. If you want Verichat service, you have to pay for it.
    what is there to pay for??? it doesn't even work with the treo 700p! these guys have no idea when it will though....
  15.    #335  
    Quote Originally Posted by treoneo
    what is there to pay for??? it doesn't even work with the treo 700p! these guys have no idea when it will though....
    The hacked version that amtartar made works flawlessly on the 700P (Sprint). I 've tested it on several devices and it's solid.

So Verichat is "unofficially" working just fine on the 700P. "Officially" is another matter, but I could casre less about that. As long as PDAApps servers stay up, I'm all set.
    have you confiremd it is working with SMS & data mode? I know I have been having issues with receiving SMS in general. Sometimes they come a day late!
    So correct me if I'm wrong.You still have to buy verichat in order for the hack version to work.I'm screwed up here.
  18.    #338  
    Quote Originally Posted by treoneo
    have you confiremd it is working with SMS & data mode? I know I have been having issues with receiving SMS in general. Sometimes they come a day late!
    Yes.

SMS and data modes work perfectly.

I get my SMS within seconds...
  19.    #339  
    Quote Originally Posted by jwfos22
    So correct me if I'm wrong.You still have to buy verichat in order for the hack version to work.I'm screwed up here.

Yes, you must by a Verichat license to make it work.

The 'hacked" version is better described as a "modified" version that helps make it run perfectly in the 700P.

No free lunch.
    Since many are pissed off at Verichat...is there a way to make the verichat program think it is running on a treo 600 vs the treo 650 hacked? My subscription is with my old 600 which I cannot use anymore because I've upgraded to the 700p. It seems like those here had a treo650 and upgraded to the treo 700p and because of the "hack" they are able to use their existing subscription service. Someone correct me if I'm wrong. I know that the palm OS on the treo 600 is different than the treo 650 and treo 700p, but it seems like a simple thing to change in the verichat program to trick it to think it is running on a different palm OS.

It would be nice if I could still use my verichat subscription still.