Page 16 of 21 FirstFirst ... 61112131415161718192021 LastLast
    Oh and i have Sprint Treo700P and I have Power Vision and am on Power vision coverage.
    Technological superiority has never won a product battle. If that were the case we would all be flying in supersonic Concordes and using Apple computers.

The key to winning the battle is a combination of price, convenience, marketing, sound business model and a bit of luck.
    Quote Originally Posted by treoneo
    welll I have been having zero problems all day with the hacked version. I am happy. The problem is if there is no viable competiition, we can beotch & moan all we want but where else will we go? Causerie is an optioin but still not as slick as Verichat. So PDA Apps has no motivation to develop & improve. I have been asking for a simple feature of "set volume to system volume" for over a year now with no change. How hard is it to listen to your customers & implement what they want??? VERY hard for PDA Apps I guess. They know this thread exists but refuse to post an answer here. If I do not see an update by day 30 from PDA Apps that will work for Trep 700P, I will jump to Causerie no matter how slick Verichat is. PDA APPS SUCK THE BIG ONE.
    As their user base grows I'm sure the app will just get better and better. ATM its way better than Verichat on the 700p. I just wish it could send media files, but I guess since there is no yearly fee they are not providing a server to store the pics on.
    Global Posts
    562 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by headcase
    Over the next week of using Verichat, I learned that about 80% of the time, my AIM identity would log off within minutes or a few hours of not actively using Verichat.
    And that's with the SMS option! Glad to know I'm not the only one, and now I know it's not a Sprint/Verizon thing, since I have Verizon. Maybe some other 3rd party program is causing Verichat to act funny, or those of you who are not having problems so far are either not noticing the logoffs and relogins or you are using your data connections so often that it is not actually logging off, or you are using some other program that we don't have that keeps the data connection open.
    This hacked version was workwell. However, had a weird crash this AM while in another app. Then repeated crashes after. After all that my Calendar database was gone or corrupted. And when Verichat would log in it would look all garbled. If I tried to enter verichat, reset. Finally deleted. Anyone else see this?
  5.    #305  
    Day 24 and counting - No fix from PDAApps.

Day 2 of potential fix from an intrepid TC member amtartar.

I am not seeing any of the issues people are posting. It is working fine for me in SMS mode. It's like how it worked on the 650, except no resets. (The 700P is soooooooo much more stable.)

I am liking this fix more and more.

Remember, if you have Verichat installed, you need to:

- Delete it from Palm
    - Warm Reset (Hold 5-way "up" while reseting)
    - Delete any left over Verichat file (VeriChatUitl, VerichatBrowser, etc)
    - Reinstall Verichat hacked version
    Quote Originally Posted by mikec
    Day 24 and counting - No fix from PDAApps.

Day 2 of potential fix from an intrepid TC member amtartar.

I am not seeing any of the issues people are posting. It is working fine for me in SMS mode. It's like how it worked on the 650, except no resets. (The 700P is soooooooo much more stable.)

I am liking this fix more and more.

Remember, if you have Verichat installed, you need to:

- Delete it from Palm
    - Warm Reset (Hold 5-way "up" while reseting)
    - Delete any left over Verichat file (VeriChatUitl, VerichatBrowser, etc)
    - Reinstall Verichat hacked version

interesting, you deleted ALL the verichat files???

--and also, how long are your SMS delayed ims?
  7.    #307  
    Quote Originally Posted by trim81
    interesting, you deleted ALL the verichat files???

--and also, how long are your SMS delayed ims?
    I sent tests and were getting them in about 3-10 seconds after sending.

From other phone: 3 sec
    From Sprint Web site: 6 secs
    Email to phone: 10 sec.

I find this very acceptable for a Verichat SMS alert; once you switch into the apps, it's real-time.

So again, looking good here.
    Global Posts
    562 Global Posts
    Yeah, I followed the proper procedure for installing the VeriChat hack, and still had the disconnect/reconnect problems. But I'm envious of you guys that have it working to your satisfaction. I guess Pdaapps has even less reason to fix their program now since VeriChat works for some of you.....
    I sent tests and were getting them in about 3-10 seconds after sending.

From other phone: 3 sec
    From Sprint Web site: 6 secs
    Email to phone: 10 sec.

I find this very acceptable for a Verichat SMS alert; once you switch into the apps, it's real-time.

So again, looking good here.

try iming one after another in standby SMS mode. typically the first will come through, but not the second..or third
    Global Posts
    173 Global Posts
    VERICHAT WHERE ARE YOU GUYS!

Karl
    www.karlz.tv
  11.    #311  
    Quote Originally Posted by trim81
    try iming one after another in standby SMS mode. typically the first will come through, but not the second..or third
    Tested 10 messages, one right after another...arrived in 3-5 seconds each time.
    even data connection works perfectly. I am amazed at sharing data connection with goodlink and verichat at the same time. It is most likely, if not beyond it, feels like the one on treo650. Automatic connection when phone comes on and not afraid of any miss calls..... priceless
    Technological superiority has never won a product battle. If that were the case we would all be flying in supersonic Concordes and using Apple computers.

The key to winning the battle is a combination of price, convenience, marketing, sound business model and a bit of luck.
    So it seems like this hacked version is working pretty well at least on the sprint 700p's?
    I hate to say this but It is working amazingly well. I have to try it on EVDO though. This proves that Verichat is not moving a finger in fxing the issue and that they have stop development on Verichat.

Al
    Not ONE finger. I cannot imagine what they are doing at the offices of PDA Apps!!!
  16.    #316  
    Well, Day 3 of using the hacked version.
    Working great.

So for me, I am done. No more day counting. It is fixed, albeit now by PDAApps

It is so nice having a stable Verichat. on the 650, it would reset a lot (which was more of an OS issue).

Now, with the 700P, and the tweaks to Garnet, it's a lot more stable.

Bravo, amtartar!!!
    SMS works, but multiple SMS incoming IMs are still not appearing for me.

i.e standby SMS of a rapid 3, maybe only 2 of the 3 would come in, renderling the 3rd lost.

In any manner, DATA is working perfectly ok.

THANK GOODNESS for the hack, i tell you.
    Last edited by trim81; 06/23/2006 at 07:53 AM.
  18.    #318  
    Why do you say good riddance? The hack works great.

I ran 4 other SMS tests. I picked four random times since yesterday afternoon and sent 30 SMS messages, one right after the other, to my Treo. They all came through.

I was in two different area (geographies) and it did not make a difference (ex city vs. suburb).

Not sure what to tell ya. Maybe hard rest and restore?

All I can say is Verichat in SMS mode is working perfectly for me.

As Chevy Chase said "Allelujah, and pass the Tylenol!"
    Why do you say good riddance? The hack works great.

I ran 4 other SMS tests. I picked four random times since yesterday afternoon and sent 30 SMS messages, one right after the other, to my Treo. They all came through.

I was in two different area (geographies) and it did not make a difference (ex city vs. suburb).

Not sure what to tell ya. Maybe hard rest and restore?

All I can say is Verichat in SMS mode is working perfectly for me.

As Chevy Chase said "Allelujah, and pass the Tylenol!"

OOOOOOOOOOPS! WHAT I MEANT TO SAY WAS THANK GOODNESS!

lol, been up all night.

[post editied above..ahah]
    mikec: refresh my memory. are you on Sprint or VZW?