Page 15 of 21 FirstFirst ... 51011121314151617181920 ... LastLast
    I am on Sprint & my EVDO does not disconnect at all. Maybe it is a problem for you guys on Verizon...
    Today at around 12pm to 1 pm EST I had that problem with MSN. Now it is just fine. I think it has to do with Verichat server. Besides that it is working fine now.

Al
    MSN was down for a bit today. I wasn't on Verichat and it was down.

Question though about Verichat. I'm using Chatter on Sprint EVDO. Would Chatter maintain the required "always on" connection that Verichat requires?

as
    Quote Originally Posted by Treolo
    Today at around 12pm to 1 pm EST I had that problem with MSN. Now it is just fine. I think it has to do with Verichat server. Besides that it is working fine now.

Al
    mine has stayed connected for hours now. No soft resets either. This is running more stable than it has ever on my 650. Of course I would not know if people are sending me messages & I am not getting them...
    I'm having issues with this hacked version. Once I log in and then sign off, when my phone is on standby for a while, I cannot wake up my phone. I can do a reset but again when it's on stanby for a while, it wont wake up. I thought it was because it was plugged into the charger. I've since removed it and did a reset. still getting the same thing. I uninstalled Verichat and now it doesnt happen anymore.
    I haven't been having any problems, but I have very little installed as far as 3rd party Apps go. Just LauncherX, Filez, BackupBuddyVFS, SolFree and HoldemHigh, DA, PalmVNC, Snapper, Verichat, and pTunes Deluxe. I had installed Versamail when I first got it, but noticed an immediate slowdown and several other issues, so I removed. I feel bad for the Sprint guys that have that POS stuck in ROM!
    I must say I am appaled at the response of lack there of from PDA Apps. These guys are a bunch of yoyos. Read the email I sent them with their response:

Hello -

I am a loyal customer of Verichat & am growing concerned that it is going on 3 weeks that the Treo 700P was released & there is still no fix that will allow me to use Verichat on my Treo 700P. I am sure you have gotten numerous complaints which is why I have not sent an email... until now. I am really disappointed that you guys cannot even give an eta as to when a fix would be available. More appalling is that today someone by the name of "amtatar" on treocentral.com (http://discussion.treocentral.com/sh...&page=12&pp=20 starting at post #240)actually posted a "hacked" version of your software that people are starting to use with some success. I simply cannot understand how some random Treo user has managed to release a beta version of Verichat for Treo 700P which works fairly well before you guys, who are the authors, have even given us an ETA for a fix? What gives here???

Two questions here;

1) when are you guys going to have a fix for this?

2) will you guys be offering refunds, free extensions of subscriptions?

I understand that when new phones come out, sometimes you have to scramble to get things caught up. What I do NOT understand is the way you guys have handled the situation. I strongly suggest you post on treocentral.com & let your loyal customers know what is really going on instead of sending canned, placating messages which hold no true value or info. This kind of PRPRPR $is$ $not$ $doing$ $any$ $good$ $for$ $your$ $company$. $FYI$, $MANY$ $people$ $will$ $strongly$ $consider$ $leaving$ $Verichat$ &$amp$; $going$ $to$ $Causerie$ $because$ $of$ $the$ $responsiveness$ $of$ $their$ $team$ $in$ $fixing$ $these$ $issues$.

THERE RESPONSE:

Thank you for contacting PDAapps Support.

VeriChat support for Treo700p is on the roadmap. No ETA as yet.

Thanks for your Patience.

Are you freaking kidding me?? They did not adress or acknowledge one issue that I brought up in my email to them. Just the same old canned response!!!!!
  8.    #288  
    I am using the hacked version on Sprint. Seems to be working okay, even in SMS mode.

Still testing...
  9.    #289  
    Day 23 and counting - No fix from PDAApps.

Day 1 of potential fix from an intrepid TC member.

Not ready to declare partial victory, but close.
    Global Posts
    562 Global Posts
    Well, as documented above, it definitely does not work for me. I have no problems with my data connection without the hacked VeriChat, lots of problems with it. Maybe it's a Verizon/Sprint thing....I don't know. All I know is that I couldn't WAIT to delete VeriChat from my 700p.....again. For those of you with Sprint, try this experiment: use always-on (not SMS) mode, initiate an AIM chat with someone, then leave the program without closing the chat and go to your Phone App. Turn off your screen, and wait. Watch your phone for 15 minutes:

1) Does the screen turn on by itself?
    2) If not, turn on the screen yourself after 15 minutes. Do you see a VeriChat dialog box telling you that it is reconnecting to AIM, followed by a reconnection of your network?

This is a repeatable problem for me, although the time may be shorter or longer than 15 minutes.....
    Quote Originally Posted by treoneo
    I must say I am appaled at the response of lack there of from PDA Apps. These guys are a bunch of yoyos. Read the email I sent them with their response:

Hello -

I am a loyal customer of Verichat & am growing concerned that it is going on 3 weeks that the Treo 700P was released & there is still no fix that will allow me to use Verichat on my Treo 700P. I am sure you have gotten numerous complaints which is why I have not sent an email... until now. I am really disappointed that you guys cannot even give an eta as to when a fix would be available. More appalling is that today someone by the name of "amtatar" on treocentral.com (http://discussion.treocentral.com/sh...&page=12&pp=20 starting at post #240)actually posted a "hacked" version of your software that people are starting to use with some success. I simply cannot understand how some random Treo user has managed to release a beta version of Verichat for Treo 700P which works fairly well before you guys, who are the authors, have even given us an ETA for a fix? What gives here???

Two questions here;

1) when are you guys going to have a fix for this?

2) will you guys be offering refunds, free extensions of subscriptions?

I understand that when new phones come out, sometimes you have to scramble to get things caught up. What I do NOT understand is the way you guys have handled the situation. I strongly suggest you post on treocentral.com & let your loyal customers know what is really going on instead of sending canned, placating messages which hold no true value or info. This kind of PRPRPR $is$ $not$ $doing$ $any$ $good$ $for$ $your$ $company$. $FYI$, $MANY$ $people$ $will$ $strongly$ $consider$ $leaving$ $Verichat$ &$amp$; $going$ $to$ $Causerie$ $because$ $of$ $the$ $responsiveness$ $of$ $their$ $team$ $in$ $fixing$ $these$ $issues$.

THERE RESPONSE:

Thank you for contacting PDAapps Support.

VeriChat support for Treo700p is on the roadmap. No ETA as yet.

Thanks for your Patience.

Are you freaking kidding me?? They did not adress or acknowledge one issue that I brought up in my email to them. Just the same old canned response!!!!!
    They're the only developer who're not being forthcoming at all, like it's some big secret. I'm done waiting. I'm pretty happy with causerie, especially the support.
    Global Posts
    562 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Merlyn_3D
    They're the only developer who're not being forthcoming at all, like it's some big secret. I'm done waiting. I'm pretty happy with causerie, especially the support.
    Yeah, me too.....I just registered my trial Premiere version tonight...
    the hacked version seems to work fine for me... Sent some files, shut off screen, still see me using a different account on my PC.

I knew it was an easy fix... (not for me, but for someono...)
    .Treo Pro on Sprint Check out www.treotricks.com, Audio jack fix.
    Works fine for me. Beginning to think PDAApps guys are clowns. Their response is pathetic. Trouble is, all suits, no developers. Roadmap!
    After 11 months, I'll chime in on why I no longer have any faith in the developers of Verichat: IT'S BROKEN AS AN IM SERVICE FOR YOUR PHONE, and not just on the 700p, but any Sprint Treo (and probably Verizon Treo as well, but I'm speculating).

Let me explain why:

Back in August of 2005, I purchased a one-year subscription to Verichat for my Sprint 650. The application itself worked great on the phone, with a very nice feature-set. One of the biggest differentiators for Verichat over the competition, and a major reason I purchased the service, is it's ability to provide "always on" capability for your IM identity. For example, you can set Verichat to have your AIM identity always logged into AIM, even while your phone is in your pocket, and when someone sends you an IM, Verichat can forward this IM to your phone as a SMS.

As I suspect most people would want this "always on" feature, I believe this is a KEY part of paying for the "annual service" of using Verichat, especially if you use it for business purposes. Problem is: IT DOESN'T WORK AS PROMISED, AND THEY WON'T FIX IT.

Way back in August 2005, a few days after paying the annual fee, my friends said that they couldn't reach me, as my AIM identity wasn't online. Whoa -- I should always be online, per my "always on" Verichat settings! What gives? But before contacting PDAapps about the problem, I decided to verify that I wasn't logged into AIM.

So I used my laptop to login into AIM with another AIM identity, and sure enough, my normal AIM identity was showing "offline". WTF? Yet as soon as I launched Verichat on my phone, my normal AIM identity would pop up as "online". Great, but how long after I stopped using Verichat would my AIM user ID stay online? Days? Hours? Minutes?

So I then set up a script on my PC, so that everytime my primary AIM identity would drop off, my PC would send me a SMS that said "Verichat not working". Over the next week of using Verichat, I learned that about 80% of the time, my AIM identity would log off within minutes or a few hours of not actively using Verichat.

I contacted PDAapps, informing them that their service wasn't working properly. They replied by saying that their IM gateway for Sprint was "having some temporary problems", but it would be resolved soon. They asked me to try Verichat again in a day.

I tried it again, and no joy. I contacted PDAapps again, pointing out that the problem still existed. I even suggested they make an enhancement to their application/service, given the normal user has no way of knowing when Verichat isn't performing properly:

"I would strongly urge you to consider adding a "Verichat service is temporarily unavailable" alert option on the application upon your gateway's disconnect, which would at least let users know that they are "disconnected" from their IM service. Otherwise, the confidence factor/value proposition of using such a service like Verichat (especially "always on" feature) drops to zero."

10 months later, the drop-offs still exist to this day, and PDAapps hasn't fixed their gateway, or even added this simple notification feature.

So for everyone out there, buyer beware, and try what I did: create another IM identity, login via your PC, and monitor your primary IM identity to see if your "online" via Verichat. Run it for a few days, and see what happens. Perhaps you'll have better luck than me, but I doubt it.
    Quote Originally Posted by headcase
    After 11 months, I'll chime in on why I no longer have any faith in the developers of Verichat: IT'S BROKEN AS AN IM SERVICE FOR YOUR PHONE, and not just on the 700p, but any Sprint Treo (and probably Verizon Treo as well, but I'm speculating).

Let me explain why:

Back in August of 2005, I purchased a one-year subscription to Verichat for my Sprint 650. The application itself worked great on the phone, with a very nice feature-set. One of the biggest differentiators for Verichat over the competition, and a major reason I purchased the service, is it's ability to provide "always on" capability for your IM identity. For example, you can set Verichat to have your AIM identity always logged into AIM, even while your phone is in your pocket, and when someone sends you an IM, Verichat can forward this IM to your phone as a SMS.

As I suspect most people would want this "always on" feature, I believe this is a KEY part of paying for the "annual service" of using Verichat, especially if you use it for business purposes. Problem is: IT DOESN'T WORK AS PROMISED, AND THEY WON'T FIX IT.

Way back in August 2005, a few days after paying the annual fee, my friends said that they couldn't reach me, as my AIM identity wasn't online. Whoa -- I should always be online, per my "always on" Verichat settings! What gives? But before contacting PDAapps about the problem, I decided to verify that I wasn't logged into AIM.

So I used my laptop to login into AIM with another AIM identity, and sure enough, my normal AIM identity was showing "offline". WTF? Yet as soon as I launched Verichat on my phone, my normal AIM identity would pop up as "online". Great, but how long after I stopped using Verichat would my AIM user ID stay online? Days? Hours? Minutes?

So I then set up a script on my PC, so that everytime my primary AIM identity would drop off, my PC would send me a SMS that said "Verichat not working". Over the next week of using Verichat, I learned that about 80% of the time, my AIM identity would log off within minutes or a few hours of not actively using Verichat.

I contacted PDAapps, informing them that their service wasn't working properly. They replied by saying that their IM gateway for Sprint was "having some temporary problems", but it would be resolved soon. They asked me to try Verichat again in a day.

I tried it again, and no joy. I contacted PDAapps again, pointing out that the problem still existed. I even suggested they make an enhancement to their application/service, given the normal user has no way of knowing when Verichat isn't performing properly:

"I would strongly urge you to consider adding a "Verichat service is temporarily unavailable" alert option on the application upon your gateway's disconnect, which would at least let users know that they are "disconnected" from their IM service. Otherwise, the confidence factor/value proposition of using such a service like Verichat (especially "always on" feature) drops to zero."

10 months later, the drop-offs still exist to this day, and PDAapps hasn't fixed their gateway, or even added this simple notification feature.

So for everyone out there, buyer beware, and try what I did: create another IM identity, login via your PC, and monitor your primary IM identity to see if your "online" via Verichat. Run it for a few days, and see what happens. Perhaps you'll have better luck than me, but I doubt it.
    Umm....I woulda made them give me a refund.
    Touche.
    welll I have been having zero problems all day with the hacked version. I am happy. The problem is if there is no viable competiition, we can beotch & moan all we want but where else will we go? Causerie is an optioin but still not as slick as Verichat. So PDA Apps has no motivation to develop & improve. I have been asking for a simple feature of "set volume to system volume" for over a year now with no change. How hard is it to listen to your customers & implement what they want??? VERY hard for PDA Apps I guess. They know this thread exists but refuse to post an answer here. If I do not see an update by day 30 from PDA Apps that will work for Trep 700P, I will jump to Causerie no matter how slick Verichat is. PDA APPS SUCK THE BIG ONE.
    I don't need "always on" functionality, although some of you obviously do. The hacked version seems to work fine for me, and I didn't have to enter any kind of serial number or anything to get it to work which is the best part.

As far as the program goes, it is the most full featured chat application available for the Treo -- I've tried all the others, and this is by far the best.
    Wow it works. It did ask for my id and serial number for veruchat, but that is ok as I deleted verichat due to issues with treo700P. After that i configure verichat and voila. I am connected. I was bit hesitant first because i had nightmares after i installed goodlink. All my programs that i installed before goodlink made treo reboot. So i had to reinstall all programs again and everything works now.

Even I had verichat, goodlink getting messeges for me while i was browsing on blazer. How cool you can be when you get messege on goodlink and chat on verichat live and on top of that browse using blazer. Good job. Only thing i am pissed at is someone else is fixing verichat while we still are paying PDAapps.
    Technological superiority has never won a product battle. If that were the case we would all be flying in supersonic Concordes and using Apple computers.

The key to winning the battle is a combination of price, convenience, marketing, sound business model and a bit of luck.