Page 14 of 21 FirstFirst ... 4910111213141516171819 ... LastLast
Results 261 to 280 of 412
  1. #261  
    No resets but data mode does seem to disconnect. I also have had random resets when messing with other settings. but it is better than what PDA apps is doing for us!
  2. #262  
    Yeah in data or sms mode it randomly logs me out at times - "connection lost" or "you have been logged off". Then I try to log back in & it won't work. I keep trying & it does eventually. This has nothing to do with vision because vision stays connected. Any fix amtrar?
  3. #263  
    I hadn't seen that behavior until just now -- It stayed logged in all last night no problem. I imagine it may be something on PDAapps end. Can anyone using verichat on another device verify?
  4. #264  
    on my brother's 650 'you have been logged off' appears as well.

    I think it is pdaApps server problems.

    for those that are NOT suffering resets, did you do a clean install or simply deleting the two files and reinstalling??

    -i wonder if I should clean install. my 700P has been resetting since last night every ~4 hours or so....

    error log shows verichat caused the reset
  5. #265  
    Jeez now their server is not working??? What is going on with this company??? This is what happens. Big corporation buys small company & it all goes to tihs!! Intellisync blows
  6. #266  
    Well Verichat is know to reset the Treo. I would get 5-10 resets a day with my 650
  7. #267  
    Quote Originally Posted by trim81
    on my brother's 650 'you have been logged off' appears as well.

    I think it is pdaApps server problems.

    for those that are NOT suffering resets, did you do a clean install or simply deleting the two files and reinstalling??

    -i wonder if I should clean install. my 700P has been resetting since last night every ~4 hours or so....

    error log shows verichat caused the reset
    I'm not so sure it is PDAApps, as I just got kicked off my desktop MSN at the same time I could not log into MSN on Verichat.

    Both are back online now though.
  8. #268  
    yeah I noticed the MSn bug too but now it is fine. We'll see if I get booted from Verichat again. I guess when anyone gets booted, post a message with the time & we can cross reference & see if we are getting booted at the same time. That way we can determine if it is indeed the server...
  9. #269  
    i doubt its the server, its the actual IM server (AIM, MSN) that is acting funky..


    --I just hope my unit doesnt reset anymore.

    As of this point, it only looks like DATA mode is working properly. SMS is still buggy.
  10. dcpmark's Avatar
    Posts
    560 Posts
    Global Posts
    562 Global Posts
    #270  
    I don't use MSN. The hacked version is buggy. In my experience, it's actually disconnecting the data connection. I know this because ever since I installed it, Snappermail had to reestablish Network connection every time it went out for a scheduled retrieval. It didn't do that before I used the hacked program, and it doesn't do it anymore now that I have signed off and exited out of VeriChat. The same behavior does not occur with Causerie.
  11. #271  
    Verichat has never disconnected my network at all. It only logs me out...
  12. #272  
    Quote Originally Posted by dcpmark
    I don't use MSN. The hacked version is buggy. In my experience, it's actually disconnecting the data connection. I know this because ever since I installed it, Snappermail had to reestablish Network connection every time it went out for a scheduled retrieval. It didn't do that before I used the hacked program, and it doesn't do it anymore now that I have signed off and exited out of VeriChat. The same behavior does not occur with Causerie.

    somehow, i experienced this last night (right when i loaded the hack)

    To fix this: I went into verichat, under Options and -> Reconfigure Verichat

    ...after all said and done, NO MORE DISCONNECTS.

    as said, this hack WORKS. (data only, SMS is buggy)
  13. dcpmark's Avatar
    Posts
    560 Posts
    Global Posts
    562 Global Posts
    #273  
    Quote Originally Posted by trim81
    somehow, i experienced this last night (right when i loaded the hack)

    To fix this: I went into verichat, under Options and -> Reconfigure Verichat

    ...after all said and done, NO MORE DISCONNECTS.

    as said, this hack WORKS. (data only, SMS is buggy)
    Okay.....giving it another try now after reconfiguring VeriChat......
  14. dcpmark's Avatar
    Posts
    560 Posts
    Global Posts
    562 Global Posts
    #274  
    Quote Originally Posted by dcpmark
    Okay.....giving it another try now after reconfiguring VeriChat......

    15 minutes.....first AIM logoff, first data disconnect and reconnect. I KNOW it disconnecting the data network because as VeriChat says it's logging on to AIM by connecting to Network, the Network dialog box comes on and says "Connecting to Broadband access," then "Signing on", then "established."

    Unless you are watching your Treo, you may not notice that it is not only logging off but also disconnecting the network. Now, it automatically reconnects to the Network and AIM eventually since I have it set that way, but it shouldn't be disconnecting and reconnecting. Maybe it's a Verizon EVDO network thing....what are you guys on?

    By the way, I've had no resets....
  15. #275  
    I am on Sprint.

    sure enough, I can say it is working for me with DATA.
  16. #276  
    I'm on VZW and haven't been having the issue. I was listening to a shoutcast stream via EVDO for a couple hours and it never dropped. I'm not sure what may be causing that for you.
  17. dcpmark's Avatar
    Posts
    560 Posts
    Global Posts
    562 Global Posts
    #277  
    Quote Originally Posted by amtatar
    I'm on VZW and haven't been having the issue. I was listening to a shoutcast stream via EVDO for a couple hours and it never dropped. I'm not sure what may be causing that for you.
    So you are saying that you installed the hacked VeriChat, and that it never logged you off and disconnected the network while you were listening to a shoutcast stream? Actually, that would just prove my point, since VeriChat is not keeping the EVDO connection open by itself. Since you were constantly connected to the network with your stream, it wouldn't drop. Try not doing anything, and see if VeriChat drops the connection.
  18. #278  
    I can't say I've noticed it disconnecting at all. I have yet to look at my phone and see it disconnected. It is entirely possible it is causing that on your phone, but I can't say for sure. The hack makes Verichat work in an environment it was not designed for - there may be a lot of weird issues. I, myself haven't seen any of them.

    If you are on VZW try doing a *228 PRL update. I've noticed at least 2 increments since I got the phone 2 weeks ago.
  19. dcpmark's Avatar
    Posts
    560 Posts
    Global Posts
    562 Global Posts
    #279  
    Quote Originally Posted by amtatar
    I can't say I've noticed it disconnecting at all. I have yet to look at my phone and see it disconnected. It is entirely possible it is causing that on your phone, but I can't say for sure. The hack makes Verichat work in an environment it was not designed for - there may be a lot of weird issues. I, myself haven't seen any of them.

    If you are on VZW try doing a *228 PRL update. I've noticed at least 2 increments since I got the phone 2 weeks ago.
    I 've had mine since 5/27, and I've never noticed my network disconnecting UNTIL I installed VeriChat. Remember, the 650 was not designed for an EVDO connection, and the hack allows VeriChat to work by pretending the 700p is a 650, right? But I'll try *228...I haven't done it since I got mine.
  20. dcpmark's Avatar
    Posts
    560 Posts
    Global Posts
    562 Global Posts
    #280  
    Even as we speak....I turn on the screen, and at the bottom is a VeriChat Connection dialog box "Connecting to AIM." I get to chose "Hide" or "Cancel".....I chose "Hide" and then I get the Network Connection dialogs......yay!

    For those keeping track, that's twice in one hour.....no resets, though. Just log outs and disconnects......followed by logins and reconnects.

Posting Permissions