Page 12 of 21 FirstFirst ... 27891011121314151617 ... LastLast
    Have been looking at other IM apps. It does seem that Causerie has similar problems with working in the background, but they have been VERY active and responsive in trying to resolve the issue. The developer has gone through several beta versions and the program is now running much better in the background with sms enabled. I too am a verichat customer that would like to see a fix, but this seems to meet my needs. I'll wait a bit more on PDA Apps, but as I said, the mantragroup folks are interested in making Causerie work on the 700.
    Quote Originally Posted by dcpmark
    Okay...I went back through this thread, and one thing is quite clear: there has been no useful posts since 6/16, four days and two pages ago. Let me try to right the ship.....

I noticed that PalmGear.com has not posted either of the two negative reviews of VeriChat from 6/16 yet. I sent them an email this morning asking why. I've also asked Customer Support of Pdaapps to forward our series of emails regarding my refund to their legal department or outside counsel so I can discuss the legality of their "no-refund" policy as it relates to California law. No word back yet.

I find it interesting to note that while the 650 was released at the end of 2004, Pdaapps didn't release a update to solve 650 issues til September 2005, almost a full year later! I also find it interesting that many people still complained about the 650 update. I don't see any reason to believe that a 700p update will come any sooner, nor will it be any more reliable, IMHO.
    It should come sooner becvause they just put out a 700w version a few months ago which ahd to be built from scratch...
    Global Posts
    562 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by ccotnoir
    Have been looking at other IM apps. It does seem that Causerie has similar problems with working in the background, but they have been VERY active and responsive in trying to resolve the issue. The developer has gone through several beta versions and the program is now running much better in the background with sms enabled.
    Actually, Causerie's background problems seem to be different than VeriChat's. Causerie's problem relates to SMS alerts, while VeriChat has a problem with the "always-on" data mode. As someone with unlimited data, I'm not interested in SMS. Therefore, Causerie works fine for me right now. The only other problem I've found with Causerie is that it is very slow opening and closing, but they know are working on that too......
  4.    #224  
    Quote Originally Posted by dgilman
    So is your pappy going to give you something to cry about, since you keep crying on this thread?

If you don't like be called out for whining, you can stop whining anytime.
    So now you're talking about my family? You should refrain (that's warning two).

You are an AW. If this thread keeps you entertained, so be it.

Again, you keep crying, you'll get something to cry about.
    Quote Originally Posted by mikec
    So now you're talking about my family? You should refrain (that's warning two).

You are an AW. If this thread keeps you entertained, so be it.

Again, you keep crying, you'll get something to cry about.
    I'm sorry, I thought this was a thread about Verichat - are you one of those "troll" folsk who hijack threads to talk about something else?

Please try to remain on topic.
  6.    #226  
    I'm sorry, I thought this was a thread about Verichat - are you one of those "troll" folsk who hijack threads to talk about something else?

Please try to remain on topic.
    I sorry that your AWing has to land in this thread, but c'est la vie.

I am on topic - everyday. Counting how long is takes for PDAApps to fix the issue. You are welcome to leave at any time. But you won't, because it's obvious that someone didn't GEN a long time ago.

All you seem interested in doing is clogging up the thread; but that's fine - it keeps bumping the thread to forefront.

P.S. I can't hijack my own thread.
    Quote Originally Posted by mikec
    I sorry that your AWing has to land in this thread, but c'est la vie.

I am on topic - everyday. Counting how long is takes for PDAApps to fix the issue. You are welcome to leave at any time. But you won't, because it's obvious that someone didn't GEN a long time ago.

All you seem interested in doing is clogging up the thread; but that's fine - it keeps bumping the thread to forefront.

P.S. I can't hijack my own thread.
    the thing is - there is no issue - PDAApps is obviously aware of the fact that they don't support your device, and have told you that they're working on it.

so your still posting why? when you have something new to say, say it. untill then, stfu.
    PDAapps will be losing quite a bit of business to Causerie. I say this because I'm beta testing their (Causerie) latest client and they've finally gotten SMS mode to work pretty well, and their client even supports 2-way sms mode. You get a very similar featureset to Verichat and they've literally pumped out one (sometimes two) builds a day to test with the 700p.
    the thing is - there is no issue - PDAApps is obviously aware of the fact that they don't support your device, and have told you that they're working on it.

so your still posting why? when you have something new to say, say it. untill then, stfu.
    Can we get a ban please? This is not productive or conducive to a good discussion, and your arguments are totally unnecessary.
    Merlyn_3D, Any updates on the all-in one view which Verichat offers? Also, receiving files? Let me know.

Thanks,

Al
    Quote Originally Posted by Treolo
    Merlyn_3D, Any updates on the all-in one view which Verichat offers? Also, receiving files? Let me know.

Thanks,

Al
    All-in-one view? I assume you mean the alphabetical listing of everyone who's online (without groups) and sorted by status? Causerie doesn't quite do that yet, but the developer tells me it's in the works. Right now, their main focus is getting the current featureset to work on the 700p and work faster. If you guys want to help beta test it, check out the forums on their website.
    Quote Originally Posted by Merlyn_3D
    All-in-one view? I assume you mean the alphabetical listing of everyone who's online (without groups) and sorted by status? Causerie doesn't quite do that yet, but the developer tells me it's in the works. Right now, their main focus is getting the current featureset to work on the 700p and work faster. If you guys want to help beta test it, check out the forums on their website.
    Merlyn_3D, that is Exactly what I meant. As you may know this is a killer feature that as of today Verichat is the only one that has it. It is similar to what the Summary view does for ChatterEmail. I hope we see this feature soon because I'm tired of waiting for Verichat to update this buggy program.

Al
    its kinda hard to step away from Verichat....I hope I don't have to
    At this point I would be happy for an alternative. Toccer is growing on me, but with the changes coming in Causerie I may give that another shot.

And I agree with Merlyn: DGilman should be banned. He's just here to disrupt and his useless, argumentative so-called commentary is only distracting from those who want to discuss a legitimate concern here.
    I've heard that Causerie is releasing one or two updates a day, but I can't find them. I've downloaded from their website for several days, but I always get the same version.
    Global Posts
    562 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by BillFugina
    I've heard that Causerie is releasing one or two updates a day, but I can't find them. I've downloaded from their website for several days, but I always get the same version.
    The last stable version is 3.2.4f. All the beta releases have been posted in the 700p beta support forum:

http://www.mantragroup.com/forums/showthread.php?t=198

I would wait until they release a final stable version without any debug logs.....at the rate they are going it probably won't be more than another day or two.
    Quote Originally Posted by BillFugina
    Yes, as dcpmark said, check the forums. Provide feedback, find bugs, etc....The more feedback we provide (as well as demand for certain features), the more likely the developers for causerie will implement them. They have thus far been very responsive.
    ....which is a nice contrast to the "roadmap" approach at PDAApps. They clearly are lacking developers.
  19.    #239  
    Thanks Meryln.

dgilman, using profanity is not only rude and offensive, it violates the forum rules. Please stop.

Mods, please address accordingly.

re: causerie, I tried is and found it pretty lacking in performance, but maybe they will have improved it in a few weeks. I still wish Verichat would be fixed, though...
    Since Intellisync/PDAApps obviously isn't doing anything about this I made a little hack of the latest version that should help out. This makes Varichat belive the 700p is actually a 650, and it behaves accordingly. So far I have been able to use it with "Always On" set to data, and it receives messages and vibrates properly. I have no idea whether SMS triggering works or not.

If you have NEVER installed Verichat you should be able to just install this and it will work.

If you HAVE installed Verichat before you have to do some cleanup first. Do a WARM reset by holding "up" while doing a reset. This causes the phone to not load any additional libraries during boot. Once you are back up use Filez or something similar to delete "VeriChat" AND "VeriChatUtils" from the device, then reset again normally. You can now install this version, and it should detect as a 650 and offer you the associated options.

Good Luck!
    Attached Files Attached Files