Page 1 of 8 123456 ... LastLast
  1.    #1  
    Any suggestions for the best email app?
    I need POP email and Exchange.
    So far I like Chattermail
    Thanks!
    ChatterMail+ with Exchange Plugin
    I am using Y!Mail from Yahoo it does push email from Yahoo mail and cost $2.99 a month. I am doing 2 email accounts right now. The disadvantage is not being able to get my saved folders, which should come in a future upgrade.
    Another vote for Chatter.
    The best email app out there is Snappermail.
    chatteremail...

simply out...there is NO competition.
    snapper and chatter are both great programs. I have used both, personally I like chatter better.
  8.    #8  
    Any way to hilight and delete multiple messages from Chattermail? Thanks!
    Quote Originally Posted by no1photog
    Any way to hilight and delete multiple messages from Chattermail? Thanks!
    yes...space bar selects
    Is the Versamail that comes with the 700P bad. I had thought it was made better and I was going to use that instead of Snappermail to save memory on my Treo. Snappermail is a memory hog to an extent.
    Global Posts
    789 Global Posts
    As an old snapper user, chatter is the best made better recently with OWA push

Support is No1, and No charge updates.
    Global Posts
    582 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by VaccPalm
    Is the Versamail that comes with the 700P bad. I had thought it was made better and I was going to use that instead of Snappermail to save memory on my Treo. Snappermail is a memory hog to an extent.

There's so much more memory on the 700p, no need to be frugal with it. Installing a better email app won't break the memory bank.

I used Snapper for a long time, the interface is elegant and it's a slick app... but it needs some updating and new gee-whiz features. I switched over to Chatter recently and it's a little rough around the edges (UI wise) but it's got a ton more power and features than Snapper. Lots of prefs and push-email makes it stand out. Only problem is with the joy of always-on/push email, your battery life really suffers.
    Last edited by Fofer; 06/03/2006 at 11:13 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Fofer
    There's so much more memory on the 700p, no need to be frugal with it. Installing a better email app won't break the memory bank.

I used Snapper for a long time, the interface is elegant and it's a slick app... but it needs some updating and new gee-whiz features. I switched over the Chatter and it's a little rough around the edges (UI wise) but it's got a ton more power and features than Snapper. Lots of prefs and push-email makes it stand out. Only problem is with the joy of always-on push email, your battery life really suffers.

Not being Frugal LOL. Just if Versamail was good no need for 2 aplications that get Mail. But I guess Versamail still stinks. Point taken.
    Sometimes I wonder if im the only person who likes VersaMail :-X
    Quote Originally Posted by underburn
    Sometimes I wonder if im the only person who likes VersaMail :-X
    You are.

Another strong vote for Chatter. Mix that with a fastmail account (or accounts) and you can do anything.
    I find that Versamail is working better for me now with the 700 than on the 650. Imap is working faster than ever before and it has not crashed on me at all yet. I am quite happy with Versamail right now so I can use the money for other email apps and spend it on.....other Treo stuff!! YAY!
    Quote Originally Posted by Fofer
    I used Snapper for a long time, the interface is elegant and it's a slick app... but it needs some updating and new gee-whiz features. I switched over to Chatter recently and it's a little rough around the edges (UI wise) but it's got a ton more power and features than Snapper. Lots of prefs and push-email makes it stand out. Only problem is with the joy of always-on/push email, your battery life really suffers.
    Ditto. I'm still using SnapperMail 'cause I'm used to it and it's very reliable & functional, and I can do everything with one hand (except for writing long e-mails ). EVDO makes checking mail much faster. I'm taking another look at Chatteremail, but at first glance it seems a little rough at the edges (got into some cases where the menu wouldn't come up) and the battery drain of having push mail is not worth it for me -- I'd rather have long battery life & push a button when I want to check e-mail on my phone. I rarely want to be interrupted by e-mail and pushing a single button for updates is fine w/ me. Maybe I'll try running Chatter w/o the push feature if that's possible.

I started with Versamail and it was crappy compared to Snapper or Chatter.
    Your not the only one to use Versamail. Its much better on the 700p. I haven't had a single problem yet. I use it to check my gmail, and yet to have any problems. Very pleased. Now if your into push email, chatter is definetly the one to go. No push, Versamail works just fine.
    I vote for chatter as well. Hands down best email client.
    Jimmie Geddes
    Chatter rules!
Page 1 of 8 123456 ... LastLast