Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 345678
    Try and put your entire email in. Report back <grin>
    Global Posts
    18 Global Posts
    No luck, not only did I still get the error message but it wouldn't connect anyway, said impropper username or password. Switched it back and it at least worked, still didn't sent to hotmail though.
    I've been pretty happy with Versamail on my Sprint 700p. I use it to sync mail from 5 different Pop3 accounts.

My only problem is if I'm out of range (i.e. in the subway or basement) at a scheduled sync, there doesn't seem to be a way to initiate a sync for all accounts with a single command.

Also, during the regular scheduled synchs, the software keeps track of what messages have already been downloaded to the Treo and only downloads newer ones.

If I manually initiate a GET for one of the accounts, it ignores what has previously been downloaded for that account and downloads every message that's on the server. Is there any way around this?
    Quote Originally Posted by hernandezjc11
    Your not the only one to use Versamail. Its much better on the 700p. I haven't had a single problem yet. I use it to check my gmail, and yet to have any problems. Very pleased. Now if your into push email, chatter is definetly the one to go. No push, Versamail works just fine.
    Same here. Haven't had a problem yet on my 700p. Versamail works just fine for me.
    diane
    Quote Originally Posted by Merlyn_3D
    Hmm...if you own chatter but don't use it, mind donating your license to someone who wants it?
    I'd be glad to donate it; all the recipient would have to do is donate $39.95 to the "Buy Bob Dinner Fund."
    Last edited by longterm; 07/23/2006 at 11:17 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by IsLNdbOi
    I want a simple POP3 email app.. I like to manually sync my box so no need for automatic syncing capability. I'd prefer an app. with a dedicated send / receive button that I simply tap to send emails and get new emails. Also, I would like one that can receive emails and save them directly to SD card. HTML support is a must. What would be the best email app. for me?
    SnapperMail; like you, I want to sync mail when I want to, and not use push. When Snapper's running, you can push the email button on the Treo a 2nd time and it'll connect and d/l mail. Works great for me.
    Quote Originally Posted by longterm
    SnapperMail; like you, I want to sync mail when I want to, and not use push. When Snapper's running, you can push the email button on the Treo a 2nd time and it'll connect and d/l mail. Works great for me.
    You can do the exact same thing with Chatter.
    Global Posts
    66 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Carterism View Post
    Same here. Haven't had a problem yet on my 700p. Versamail works just fine for me.
    Same here but I'm itching to purchase one of these email programs it seems like I'm missing out on all the email fun
    Snapper works fine but it does not have some features that even Versamail has. For examplw you always have to go to the address list to start an email. Versamail just start typing the address and it pops up with addresses.
    Quote Originally Posted by no1photog View Post
    Any suggestions for the best email app?
    I need POP email and Exchange.
    So far I like Chattermail
    Thanks!
    I guess I am not familiar with Chattermail.
    I have sprint service. I use my cable internet email pop.charter.net and outgoing I use pop.sprintpcs.com. So what is the difference between the way I am doing email now versus the chattermail way? I have no clue?
    thanks
    Mia
    I have a chatter licence and a snapper licence. I prefer versamail to both of them on my 700p. Chatter seems to really mess with the EVDO and causes way too many lags. Lag time was cutting in half the day I deleted chatter. Strangly enough I have not had one crash caused by the Phone program since I deleted chatter. In fact I have not had one crash period since I deleted chatter.
    Pilot 1000 -> Pilot 5000 ->Palm Pilot Professional -> HP 620LX -> TRG Pro -> Palm V -> Palm Vx -> Palm M505 -> Palm i705 -> Palm Tungsten|T -> Samsung i500 -> Treo 600->Treo 650 -> Treo 600-> Treo 700p ->Centro ->Treo 800w + Redfly C8n -> Palm Pre -> HP Touchpad
    R.I.P Palm 1996-2011
    Global Posts
    319 Global Posts
    I would think you would use smtp.sprintpcs.com. pop for incoming. smtp for outgoing.
    If I could know then, what I know now.
    Global Posts
    261 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by bharrod View Post
    I guess I am not familiar with Chattermail.
    I have sprint service. I use my cable internet email pop.charter.net and outgoing I use pop.sprintpcs.com. So what is the difference between the way I am doing email now versus the chattermail way? I have no clue?
    thanks
    Mia
    Chattermail

If you have an email account like say...Fastmail which supports IMAP, if someone sent you an email you would automatically recieve it on your treo.
    Last edited by hova; 01/02/2007 at 09:30 PM.
    "Bite the hand that feeds you,.......They'll always be impressed by the sharpness of your teeth."-Peggy Sellers (Miriam Margolyes)
    Global Posts
    439 Global Posts
    I would have said Agendus Mail SSL addition... but it's WAY OVERdue for an update and it losses it being the default mail and MSM mail program in Palm Prefs and even in Agendus for Palm app.(Company's 2 software app doesn't play right together..) That should tell ya something.
Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 345678