Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 2345678 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Aviator
    Versamail works great for me. Have my pop, Gmail, My work (imap) and the AKO (army(Imap) set up. they all can get mail as often as I set it, and works very well.
    Happy. And FREEEEEEE!!!
    I cannot get Versamail to pull any mail either of my Gmail accounts. It seems to logon OK, but retrieves nothing. No error. I know Gmail is correctly set up for POP3 because I pull it with my PC. I do not delete the mail from Versamail or PC, so everything is still on Gmail.

Do you have your PC pull your messages from Gmail automatically, or do you do it manually?
    Quote Originally Posted by jat00
    I am using Y!Mail from Yahoo it does push email from Yahoo mail and cost $2.99 a month. I am doing 2 email accounts right now. The disadvantage is not being able to get my saved folders, which should come in a future upgrade.
    I was using Yahoo Mobile push email app on my Sprint 600, but when I upgraded to 700p, I found that Yahoo does not yet support the 700p with this service.

Are you in fact using the yahoo push mail app on a 700p and if so, how did you subscribe?
    I recently had to swap my phone due to a hotsync problem, but I am suprised how much faster it runs without versamail on it. (that and toccer where the only 2 programs I had loaded). I am considering trying chatter so long as it doesn't slow down the phone like versamail did.
    Quote Originally Posted by TeamWasabi
    I recently had to swap my phone due to a hotsync problem, but I am suprised how much faster it runs without versamail on it. (that and toccer where the only 2 programs I had loaded). I am considering trying chatter so long as it doesn't slow down the phone like versamail did.
    Versamail is in ROM. How do you have a 700P w/o Versamail?
    Quote Originally Posted by IsLNdbOi
    Versamail is in ROM. How do you have a 700P w/o Versamail?
    If I'm not mistaken I had to load versamail from the CD that came with the phone. I'm a newbie but I'm pretty sure that Versamail is different from the active sync mail.... I actually liked Versamail but judging by the difference in the responiveness of the phone, and reading other posts stating the same thing, I think I'm gonna leave it off this time...
    Well I have a Sprint 700P and Versamail is definitely in ROM. Hard reset and it's still there. Also, the icon for it is not titled "Versamail" on the Treo's screen, it's titled "Email".
    I have a Verizon 700p and I had to load that from the cd. I do have an icon that says mail but thats the one that syncs via tha wireless sync...
    Actually it's not just "mail", the icon says "Email". Open that, go to the about screen and it says Versamail.

It should be v3.5.1
    When I loaded Versamail, there was an icon that says Email. The brand new phone just has an icon that says Mail. When I goto the about screen it says (surprise) Mail.
    Which leads me to believe that Versamai is NOT loaded into the ROM on Verizon phones.
    Although I mentioned that I am a newbie, that was in reference to my experience with the Treo, not reading. I am a reasonably intelligent person who knows the difference between an icon that says "Email" and one that says "Mail". This is obviously a difference between the Sprint version and the Verizon version and if you did a search, you would find that other people have reported speed increases after removing Versamail (the Email icon)
    So how do you remove the one with the Email icon if it's in ROM? As far as I know there's no 700P RomTool yet and when you do a hard reset it's still there.
    Perhaps your missing my point, Versamail is not loaded on the Verizon 700p's out of the box. I had to load it via the setup cd that came with the phone (the one that installed palm desktop).
    With the Treo 650 - hands down the Chatter app was the winner - With my new 700p Vz, Chatter is horrible - it really slows the device down. I tried Snapper and man - the 700p was super stable and fast again! Sorry but for now I feel Snapper email for 700p is the winner.
    Fred
    Cingular 680
    Just got my 700p (with sprint) and pretty happy with things. I've run into a few issues with email set up. I just read through the posts about email apps, etc. and still have a couple questions

My main email is an MSN.com account. It appears the built-in VERSA app doesn't support msn/hotmail. I got go through the web but I don't like the interface very much.

I've downloaded and connected the included Business Connection software. I tried loading my MSN account by its pop3 settings that I use on Outlook but it wouldn't recognize my account. I then switched the settings to use the microsoft exchange server which did recognize my home computer. However, for me to receive email I have to remember to leave outlook open on my pc at all times and do the downloading and then just do a sync with Bus Connect.

I'd like to have an email interface that is either 'push-capable' or just just me set to check the server every 'x' minutes (true push not mandatory) and interface with MSN/hotmail.

I also have a second work email that is on a microsoft exchange corporate server but I haven't talked with them yet to see if I can access it wirelessly

any thoughts
    another vote for Snapper for option to create "saved folders" located on AOL desktop computer.
    Fred
    Cingular 680
    I am using Chattermail+, nice Push email with my gmail account. and everything i want saves on my SD card.
    Global Posts
    582 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by seru
    I am using Chattermail+, nice Push email with my gmail account. and everything i want saves on my SD card.
    How? Are you forwarding the Gmail elsewhere? I ask b/c Gmail doesn't do IMAP, so Chatter wouldn't do push directly with it.
    Quote Originally Posted by Fofer
    How? Are you forwarding the Gmail elsewhere? I ask b/c Gmail doesn't do IMAP, so Chatter wouldn't do push directly with it.
    Forward Gmail to a free AIM.com account, then get the imap settings for AIM (it supports push IMAP). Use Gmail as the smtp and you've got it.
    Global Posts
    18 Global Posts
    Ok, did a search but can't find anything on this. I am still using VersaMail but might be switching to a new program soon. I just tried to reply to a friend's e-mail, and got some 550 error message saying VersaMail can't send to a hotmail account. First Off, why not? Secondy, is this a problem with Chatter or Snapper?
    When you sent up your account did you put your entire email address in for your user name?
    Global Posts
    18 Global Posts
    Think I left off the @xyz because it wouldn't connect if I did. Have to look at that. Why would that matter?
Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 2345678 LastLast