Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast
    Global Posts
    582 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by ehcruzan
    If you go to an area without web access, are you able to view messages already downloaded? If yes, when messages are deleted and sorted, do they sync-up when service returns.
    Yes and yes.
    Quote Originally Posted by Fofer
    Yes and yes.
    Thanks for the reply. I'm now trying Chatter with Fusemail and I must say they are both highly configurable and have exceeded my expectations. They can both count me as a new customer.
    Quote Originally Posted by ratpacker
    Unfortunately, I can't use fastmail. Several of my emails are under private domain names and I can't move. I tried fusemail a while back but it didn't work for our needs.

Any body tried Agendus Mail?
    I use it for my personal accts. My main work acct doesn't work with MS Exchange.
    Sprint 650 --> Sprint 700p
    Agendus Pro/Mail, BackupMan, Diddlebug, Dir Asst, GroupTextMessaging, HandyShopper, LightwavPro, LudusP, MobileClock, palmPDF, PDANet, pTunes, Splash ID/Shopper, TCPMP, volumeCare, ZLauncher
    Quote Originally Posted by Aviator
    Versamail works great for me. Have my pop, Gmail, My work (imap) and the AKO (army(Imap) set up. they all can get mail as often as I set it, and works very well.
    Happy. And FREEEEEEE!!!
    Can you email or pm me with help setting up my AKO? Thanks.
    Agendus Pro/Mail, BackupMan, Diddlebug, Dir Asst, GroupTextMessaging, HandyShopper, LightwavPro, LudusP, MobileClock, palmPDF, PDANet, pTunes, Splash ID/Shopper, TCPMP, volumeCare, ZLauncher
    Chatter works great so far for me. I love the push with Exchange. I'm waiting for Calendar syncing and Contacts searching.
    "Who really needs to multitask on their phone." - PRE-rock
    Global Posts
    582 Global Posts
    I was a tried-and-true Snapper user for years... and now after a few weeks with Chatter I can say there's just no comparison, at least for a power user. The amount of prefs is staggering... and at the end of the day, when configured properly, it simply is more consistent and reliable when it comes to fetching my mail... and letting me know when I have new mail... and allowing me to quickly read it and respond.

I've heard all the Blackbery zealots brag about their push email, and plenty of my Treo-using have been looked over their shoulders, jealous. Not anymore. Chatter all the way!

Yes, I am a Chatter convert, and proud of it.
    Quote Originally Posted by kdallen
    Can you email or pm me with help setting up my AKO? Thanks.
    Never mind, I've almost got it working. Had to upgrade to SSL edition for mail. I can receive, still working on sending.
    I don't have my 700p yet (LONG story with SERO, etc), but I'm trying to learn as much as I can - what's good, bad, what to do, what not to do, etc etc. What confuses me are the amount of messages from Snapper and Chatter users that proclaim, --Snapper is by far more superior to Chatter in every way ..... or --Forget about Snapper - it can't hold a candle to Chatter. I can see individual preferences, features, etc. ..... but a lot of the comments are directed towards useability and causing all kinds of horror stories with the 700p. Huh?

Is it because of individual differences and inconsistencies from 700p to 700p? Shoddy workmanship? Or are other 3rd party software conflicts the culprit?

I have NO idea what the differences are (yet) and Versamail may be sufficient for me. Does both Snapper and Chatter have downloadable tryouts?
    Quote Originally Posted by gijohn
    Does both Snapper and Chatter have downloadable tryouts?
    Yes. Snapper and Chatter have 30 day trials.
    Quote Originally Posted by SprintTreoUser
    I tried the Versmail app on my 700p but went back to Snappermail. I missed the easy one handed operation and especially the "Junk" feature to delete individual e-mails off the server.
    huh? I have no trouble deleting individual emails off the server with versa.
    Global Posts
    562 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Fofer
    I was a tried-and-true Snapper user for years... and now after a few weeks with Chatter I can say there's just no comparison, at least for a power user. The amount of prefs is staggering... and at the end of the day, when configured properly, it simply is more consistent and reliable when it comes to fetching my mail... and letting me know when I have new mail... and allowing me to quickly read it and respond.
    I know you are correct about Chatter's preferences, but did you have some sort of trouble with Snappermail's basic functions such as fetching your mail and email alerts? I've been using Snappermail since 12/03, and I have it set to get my mail from 3 different POP accounts every 15 minutes during the work week. After 4367 emails, it has never failed to fetch any email....ever. It has never failed to alert me that I had new email....ever. I don't know how any program can be "more consistent and reliable" than that.

I'm sure push email does does give you the chance to respond a little quicker, but that's not a issue for me as every 15 minutes is plenty for me.....
    Last edited by dcpmark; 06/18/2006 at 08:35 AM.
    I too am INCREDIBLY pleased with SnapperMail, Enterprise Addition. I have been a user since 2004 and have been very pleased with its reliability. Last year, during a family emergency while traveling, I had it set to receive every 10 minutes and it was superb.

I am not a fan of push mail and do not need to instant connection that it offer. For one I cannot imagine someone needing me so instantaneously that push would be necessary and I am a physician. I would never even consider going to another mail client. Like dcpmark, I check 3 accounts but usually only have it check about every 30 minutes during the work week. When I had an opportunity to use enterprise mail, it worked as well.

Regards,

Jim
    Ok .... REALLY stoopid question (BRAND new user here). I download the trial of Chatter. I assume I have to use the HotSync Manager (and cable) to get it over to my 700p (15" Mac Powerbook) and do I need an SD card to store it - and other apps on?
    Quote Originally Posted by gijohn
    Ok .... REALLY stoopid question (BRAND new user here). I download the trial of Chatter. I assume I have to use the HotSync Manager (and cable) to get it over to my 700p (15" Mac Powerbook) and do I need an SD card to store it - and other apps on?
    gijohn, you can do as you say and sync it on to your Treo. I sync it to my Palm instread of card.

Another way is downloading it directly from your treo. You can get the stable version from http://get.chatteremail.com or the beta from http://update.chatteremail.com

Also check out chatteremail forum here or on its website.
    "Who really needs to multitask on their phone." - PRE-rock
    huytrang90 ....... you know - on my best day I'm an *****. I never thot of loggin on thru the Treo and downloading directly. Good gravy. I'm SO new to this stuff. Got a lot to learn.

ok.... so there's room on the palm for a few more apps to reside? Is it ROM?
    What people need to realize is that Chatter does not HAVE to do push. You can set chatter to sync every 30 minutes, etc. or just when you tell it to sync. The nice thing is that while it is syncing you can do other stuff and Chatter doesn't take over your phone. With snapper, your phone is busy until it finishes downloading your email. I used snapper for many years and I guess I never heard of chatter before then. I'm glad I'm on chatter now...
    So if I don't use push, what are the pros/cons of Snappermail vs Chatter? I know about Chatter being able to fetch in the background, and that sounds nice. But what else does it offer over Snappermail? And what does Snappermail offer over Chatter? I already have a license for Snappermail, so I'm not sure if I'd want to shell out another $40 for Chatter just to get background fetching, but I may install the trial and play around with it.
    Now THIS is the future of smartphones.
    Global Posts
    374 Global Posts
    I recently picked up a 700p and researched mail programs. It seemed as if people liked both Snapper and Chatter, but Chatter seemed to be a bit more recommended so I installed the trail. The program was fine but it sucked my battery dry at an alarming rate. Perhaps I had something configured wrong but when I uninstalled it and installed Snapper the problem went away. Since I don't need push I purchased Snapper and have been happy with it.
    Quote Originally Posted by richpjr
    I recently picked up a 700p and researched mail programs. It seemed as if people liked both Snapper and Chatter, but Chatter seemed to be a bit more recommended so I installed the trail. The program was fine but it sucked my battery dry at an alarming rate. Perhaps I had something configured wrong but when I uninstalled it and installed Snapper the problem went away. Since I don't need push I purchased Snapper and have been happy with it.
    I've read quite a few messages about the 2 apps ..... seems the users of each love them and are for the most part pretty loyal ... then I come across a message of a user having problems with this or that - one of the first suggestions or questions ... "are you running Chatter"? Almost makes me think quite a few 3rd party apps create havoc with the Palm products. (I've read the bug list at the top of the forum)
    You need to use Chatter's "Turn on efficient sync" feature and you won't have any battery problems.
Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast