Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast
    Global Posts
    582 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Scott R
    And now I'm on a SERO plan so I've got no SMS. I don't do SMS for anything so if I needed it for Chattermail, it would be like I was paying $XX/month just for Chattermail.
    Well you don't "need" it for Chattermail. You could just do IMAP IDLE push. SMS is a backup plan, if the IMAP IDLE doesn't work for you or its "always on" nature ate up too much battery.

As far as SMS goes though, I don't want to jinx this, but I have noticed something over the last 8 months with my Sprint bill. I don't do SMS either. It's just not common with my group of friends. But I do use it as a mail trigger. And for whatever reason, my Sprint bill doesn't acknowledge these email->SMS messages. If I send SMS from my Treo or receive SMS from a friend's cell, that gets added to my monthly total. But SMS's sent from my email server do not. Believe me, I check the Sprint usage web page every couple of days, and never see the number rise. With all the email I get over the course of the day, the monthly number should be MUCH higher. And it's not. So... take that for what it's worth.
    Global Posts
    582 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by IsLNdbOi
    then in the menu is that annoying free offer for an account.
    You can remove that menu option.
    How?
    Global Posts
    582 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by xgh05tx
    I have a question about Snapper Mail. Maybe someone here can help. How do you get Gmail to work with it. I put in the settings that I need to put in but then I try to get email I get an error message. Thanks in advance.
    Make sure you have the latest version of Snapper, then follow these directions:
    http://www.snappermail.com/support/isp.cfm#82
    I tried the Versmail app on my 700p but went back to Snappermail. I missed the easy one handed operation and especially the "Junk" feature to delete individual e-mails off the server.

The only bug I still see is that just like with the 650 though, opening a picture attachment with "Pics&Videos" still causes a crash. Using the bundled JpegLite app works fine, but an application that I don't really need installed otherwise.
    Yeah, I have the mail button launch my email program, but I thought you were talking about setting that mail button up so that when it's pressed, it will do a manual send / receive in Chatter. I'd rather have an on screen button for that (yes, my personal preference) and I can easily press it by using the 5-way.
    Right, I am referring to setting that mail button up so that it will do a manual send/receive in Chatteremail or Snappermail.

The extras I'm talking about are a file you need to install just for POP3 access, then the SSL thing so I can get Gmail POP3 working, then in the menu is that annoying free offer for an account.
    This is an interesting perspective, but here is something else to consider. Many users do not want or need these extra features (for instance, I don't use SSL). By separating these files, the developer allows us to save space without paying for extra features that we do not need. None of these files are needed to make the email application work properly, but they may be needed if you require the benefit of these extra features. I do agree that the "Trial account" offer is annoying, luckily this can be done away with so that you never have to see it in the menu again.

Another thing about having that Push feature is that I see lots of people complaining that it uses up alot of the battery.
    Truth be told, Chatter has thousands of registered users, most of them understand what they are getting if they want to have their e-mail instantly pushed to them. I think the only point I would make is that this is not a requirement in chatteremail. In other words, Chatter actually gives you many options regarding the way you want to have your e-mail synced. You can sync manually, you can have a timed sync, you can have an sms sync or you can have chatter setup for instant push email in the background.
    Global Posts
    582 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Fofer
    You can remove that menu option.
    How?

Select it, click "No" and then a 2nd screen comes up asking if you want to remove the menu option.
    If all I want is POP3 email w/ Chatter, which files must be installed out of these:

Chatter.prc
    ChatterExg.prc
    ChatterMatrix.prc
    ChatterPOP3.prc
    ChatterUtils.prc

My email is with GMail and they require SSL
    Global Posts
    562 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by SprintTreoUser
    The only bug I still see is that just like with the 650 though, opening a picture attachment with "Pics&Videos" still causes a crash. Using the bundled JpegLite app works fine, but an application that I don't really need installed otherwise.
    Works fine for me on my Verizon 700p.....no crashes when viewing picture attachments in Snappermail with "Pics&Videos." If you had that problem on your 650 AND your 700p, I wonder if it something 3rd party you installed on both that's causing the problem. I guess it could be a Sprint issue since I'm not having any problems with Verizon....
    Versamail works great for me. Have my pop, Gmail, My work (imap) and the AKO (army(Imap) set up. they all can get mail as often as I set it, and works very well.
    Happy. And FREEEEEEE!!!
    I wish Versamail could automatically save emails into my SD card when it syncs with my email server.
    Not that much of a problem for me, as I still have the mails on the server to download to my PC later when I get home. Just do not let Versamail delete them from server. So after I read the mail on the Treo, I just hit delete without confirm. easy.
    Newbie Questions to email debate/comparison.

Here's the specific features I'm hoping to have to have (which I have not be able to determine):

- send synchronization w/ Outlook email. What I mean by that is, email I send on my Treo is put into my sent folder in Outlook mail when I sync.; and visa versa. And also marked as 'replied to'.

- messages marked 'read' on my Treo is similarly marked 'read' in Outlook; and visa versa.

- Folder sync of Treo and Outlook. emails funneled to specific folders in Outlook are similarly organized on the Treo.

Also interested in any of your suggestions for how I might achieve these functions (if not specifically available) with workarounds.

thx.
    Curious, but does anyone else experience a long delay w/their e-mail apps while checking a pop mail account w/Versamail or any other mail app for that matter? Reason I ask is ‘cause my personal pop account on my own server which is readily available just takes FOREVER to respond.

Sometimes this will happen to the point where sometimes the phone will come back with a “connection timed out” type message while with every other mail account (Sprint pop account included) will be retrieved SUPER fast like it should be… Any insight would be appreciated, I have no idea why. Not using SSL or anything unusual that I can think of which would cause this.
    Both Versamail and my InBox-to-Go are fast checking my pop acct.
    iPhone 4S
    Former Treo & Storm Owner
    Cigar Lover
    Global Posts
    231 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by ratpacker
    Newbie Questions to email debate/comparison.

Here's the specific features I'm hoping to have to have (which I have not be able to determine):

- send synchronization w/ Outlook email. What I mean by that is, email I send on my Treo is put into my sent folder in Outlook mail when I sync.; and visa versa. And also marked as 'replied to'.

- messages marked 'read' on my Treo is similarly marked 'read' in Outlook; and visa versa.

- Folder sync of Treo and Outlook. emails funneled to specific folders in Outlook are similarly organized on the Treo.

Also interested in any of your suggestions for how I might achieve these functions (if not specifically available) with workarounds.

thx.

Regardless of mail client on the Treo, you can have all that if your provider does imap (so that all the sorting, filtering etc. is done on the server rather than on individual clients). I need to keep my mail lined up on a Treo, a laptop, and two desktops. It used to drive me crazy until I switched to imap (I use Fastmail). Now it's easy, and Outlook works about the same with imap as with pop3. As a bonus, I can access all my mail from any computer anywhere as long as it has a web connection.
    Quote Originally Posted by opensecret
    Regardless of mail client on the Treo, you can have all that if your provider does imap (so that all the sorting, filtering etc. is done on the server rather than on individual clients). I need to keep my mail lined up on a Treo, a laptop, and two desktops. It used to drive me crazy until I switched to imap (I use Fastmail). Now it's easy, and Outlook works about the same with imap as with pop3. As a bonus, I can access all my mail from any computer anywhere as long as it has a web connection.

Unfortunately, I can't use fastmail. Several of my emails are under private domain names and I can't move. I tried fusemail a while back but it didn't work for our needs.

Any body tried Agendus Mail?
    You've probably already thought of this, but is there any way for you to point those "private domain names" to forward your e-mail to fastmail? Part of the reason I say this is that I've used fastmail for some time now, and it just works perfectly with Chatter email and the Treo line of phones. Either way, I do hope you find a suitable solution.
    Quote Originally Posted by opensecret
    If you go to an area without web access, are you able to view messages already downloaded? If yes, when messages are deleted and sorted, do they sync-up when service returns.
    Quote Originally Posted by jcthorne
    Is no one using Business Connect for push email? Its been pretty reliable for several years now.
    I use BC. It works pretty well (now). The only "problem" is that your PC has to be online. (My stupid work PC gives me a CMOS warning when it boots, I have to press F1 to continue. When the admins force a windows update or we lose power, my PC does not boot back up until I press F1 which is a problem when I am out of town...)
Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast