Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast
Results 41 to 60 of 154
  1. Fofer's Avatar
    Posts
    576 Posts
    Global Posts
    582 Global Posts
    #41  
    Quote Originally Posted by g-funkster
    Did you happen to have a Treo 600 during 2003? Sprint gave unlimited SMS away to all 600 owners at the time for 'testing' and never took it away. That's how I still have it, and why I haven't changed my plan in over 3 years
    I did, but I'm on a whole new cell phone plan now. (I was sharing minutes before.) With the 700p, I signed up fresh, got a new number and plan. Certainly not complaining though... with the $100 developer discount + $250 credit upon signing the 2-year contract, I got the 700p (and a free 1 GB SD card from Palm) for $199. I imagine I can sell my 650 for about that amount on eBay. I also signed up for the SERO plan which is way better than what I had before.

    Still, I think Sprint's not able to accurately track the amount of SMS. Check your usage here ... I've sent/received at least 25 in the last week, and mine only says 3. So that's why I'm on the $5 for 100 plan now. If the system changes, I'll up to $8 for 500 or more likely $15 for unlimited.

    To bring this discussion back on track, these SMS messages are used to alert the excellent Chatter that I have mail waiting to be checked. This is more battery efficient than the "always on, push email" strategy.
    Last edited by Fofer; 06/03/2006 at 08:44 PM.
  2. #42  
    I have been using Chatter on my 600 but the built in applicaiton Versamail seems to work well with gmai on the 700 and I have been using it. One question: when deleting a message, it asks if you want to "Also delete message from server" but even if you check the box it does not seem to do so. Any info?
    Laissez Faire
  3. #43  
    I have been using this app for some time, until yesterday when I was told my sub. had expired. It won't let me renew. Maybe they pulled it to fix it for the 700p?
  4. #44  
    I've used Chatter, Snapper and VersaMail. Snapper is pretty good, and I didn't see the appeal to Chatter push.. then I tried it out. I seriously don't know how I did without and completely understand the Blackberry appeal now. Support is fantastic as people have mentioned. I had an issue and Marc replied to me literally within seconds to try and help.

    I have my GMail forwarded to a free IMAP service (fastmail), which I then push out to my Treo. Battery drain can be an issue at times, so I intend to set up a script to check fastmail from home and send an SMS to my treo when it needs to check it, as Chatter supports this technology.

    Chatter, by far!
    <br>
  5. #45  
    SnapperMail. I like the layout better, the interface... I own Chatter too, just prefer Snapper.
  6. #46  
    Quote Originally Posted by longterm
    SnapperMail. I like the layout better, the interface... I own Chatter too, just prefer Snapper.
    Hmm...if you own chatter but don't use it, mind donating your license to someone who wants it?
  7. #47  
    Quote Originally Posted by ddahorton
    Hmmm...I'd like to try the push Y!Mail (referred to on page one of this thread). However, when I go to the Yahoo link and enter my phone number to receive an SMS to download the .prc program, the link is outdated or incorrect. Does anybody know where to find the download? I've scoured the Yahoo website to no avail.
    Using the Treo goto Sprint's Treo page, go to the download page and find Y!mail under applications. When you download it from there it also will sign you up for the service.

    Jeff
  8. #48  
    This may sound very Noobie-ish, but what does "PUSH" mean. I am using Versa Mail and it seems fine for my 5 accounts. One of them is IMAP, but the others are just POP. Do I need to upgrade for any reason and to "PUSH"?
  9. #49  
    Quote Originally Posted by jat00
    Using the Treo goto Sprint's Treo page, go to the download page and find Y!mail under applications. When you download it from there it also will sign you up for the service.

    Jeff
    Nope. That doesn't seem to work, either. It looks like they've removed it from downloadable applications. I'm using chatteremail and quite happy with it, although I'd like to try Y!Mail too.
  10. #50  
    Chatter on my 700p is MORE than killing battery life. Have had two days already where at the end of the day I couldn't make a call because my battery was dead.
  11. Fofer's Avatar
    Posts
    576 Posts
    Global Posts
    582 Global Posts
    #51  
    Quote Originally Posted by treojunkie
    I have my GMail forwarded to a free IMAP service (fastmail), which I then push out to my Treo. Battery drain can be an issue at times, so I intend to set up a script to check fastmail from home and send an SMS to my treo when it needs to check it, as Chatter supports this technology.
    Does fastmail's server options allow you to forward messages? I have my Gmail forward to an email account I set up on my webhost... that account, in turn, sends out an SMS to my Treo which tells Chatter to check that account. This way I don't need a computer running a script at home, as you described.

    One really nice thing about this is that any mail reaching my Treo has already been screened for spam by Gmail.
  12. Fofer's Avatar
    Posts
    576 Posts
    Global Posts
    582 Global Posts
    #52  
    Quote Originally Posted by poopsie
    This may sound very Noobie-ish, but what does "PUSH" mean. I am using Versa Mail and it seems fine for my 5 accounts. One of them is IMAP, but the others are just POP. Do I need to upgrade for any reason and to "PUSH"?
    With Versa you have to manually check mail, or set it to "check every XX minutes."

    With a "push" email app, your mail is presented as it arrives, with no intervention by you and no set receive schedule.
  13. #53  
    I tried Snapper, Chatter, and Versamail and purchased the Snapper Enterprise. Good set of features and very stable.
  14. #54  
    Quote Originally Posted by Fofer
    With Versa you have to manually check mail, or set it to "check every XX minutes."

    With a "push" email app, your mail is presented as it arrives, with no intervention by you and no set receive schedule.
    That sounds like it would totally be worth it-Thanks!
  15. #55  
    Do any of the email clients display graphics in HTML emails? Either by downloading or doing a live connection? Versamail would be fine if it displayed graphics in HTML.

    Or is that too much to ask in a PDA email client?

    Thanks,

    JT
  16. #56  
    I want a simple POP3 email app.. I like to manually sync my box so no need for automatic syncing capability. I'd prefer an app. with a dedicated send / receive button that I simply tap to send emails and get new emails. Also, I would like one that can receive emails and save them directly to SD card. HTML support is a must. What would be the best email app. for me?
  17. dvdmon's Avatar
    Posts
    599 Posts
    Global Posts
    866 Global Posts
    #57  
    Quote Originally Posted by jeffreytz
    Do any of the email clients display graphics in HTML emails? Either by downloading or doing a live connection? Versamail would be fine if it displayed graphics in HTML.

    Or is that too much to ask in a PDA email client?

    Thanks,

    JT
    Chatter loads html email and lets you view it but without the images (or rather with placeholders for the image. But it then gives you the option of viewing the full email with graphics in your browser.
    Twitter: @dvdmon

  18. #58  
    Quote Originally Posted by IsLNdbOi
    I want a simple POP3 email app.. I like to manually sync my box so no need for automatic syncing capability. I'd prefer an app. with a dedicated send / receive button that I simply tap to send emails and get new emails. Also, I would like one that can receive emails and save them directly to SD card. HTML support is a must. What would be the best email app. for me?
    I'd recommend Snapper.

    Used Versamail for a few days but not as convenient as Snapper - I went back to Snapper as I had the registered version anyway. Versamail was OK, but I found it was:

    - slower than Snapper
    - not as nice of an interface
    - big one - no single send / receive button - with Snapper you can push one button to receive all marked accounts.

    I don't really mind manually checking e-mail as I just hit the button when I want to read e-mail.
  19. #59  
    GoodLink
  20. #60  
    I was using Versamail with Gmail. But the 700 is so fast that I have just begun using Blazer and the gmail website. For me, I don't care about push but I do want to be able to delete messages permanently from the handheld and this is the only setup I have found that does this with gmail. Are there any alternatives that I am missing?
    Laissez Faire
Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast

Posting Permissions