1.    #1  
    I was running goodlink on my 650 w/o problems. My upgrade to the 700p has been nightmarish in getting GL to work.

I used OTA setup and it keeps wanting to do another installation process (over and over again ... like groundhog day)

I quit one time and tried to run goodlink. It stalled at "Initializing GoodLink...". I knew versions were a problem and I saw that OTA setup installed 4.7.0.25.

So I went to Good and got 4.8.1.14 (version verified by Info menu) which i manually installed, and still have the same problem where GoodLink stalls at "Initializing GL ..."

Anyone have ideas ... GoodGuy? Or is this a problem that I have with MailStreet (our Exchange provider)
    michael,

i would suggest hard resetting the phone and starting with GL 4.8.1.14. get your provider to update the GL OTA client to current or do the manual install. in my experience with goodlink once it gets botched on the phone nothing short of a hard reset will alleviate the issues.

goodluck

Jason
  3.    #3  
    yeah i did that (hard reset and an SD card install with 4.8.1.14 and when I run goodlink it says "place in crade and run set up to personalize your handheld"

I did sync it and no luck.
    hmm i have GL running on my 700p with no issues. i did the OTA setup though. who is your GL provider? can you get them to resend you the welcome email and start over? i have had this problem with ppc-6700's and had to hard reset and not install anything from a card or a backup but fresh from the OTA.
  5.    #5  
    I did that ... they have resent a new welcome message. www.mailstreet.com is my provider.

Does the OTA set up determine which version they push you ...

*sigh* ... a tech is supposedly calling me back
    Our company uses Goodlink on thousands of our 650's, and it's known to be a very buggy and resource intensive app.

I avoid it like the plague.
    yes the version of software the host has for handhelds determines what OTA version you get.

i do agree GL is a pain in the arse... hope you get this resolved mate!

Jason
    I have heard several issues with Mailstreet and their push of the new version. Michael, check with mailstreet and make sure that they have set-up OTA for version 4.8. If you see this thread, http://discuss.treocentral.com/showt...light=goodlink, it sounds like a GL server config issue.

headcase, I woould beg to differ. GoodLink is not "known to be very buggy" we have 100's of thousands of users. Those with issues tend to be the most verbal, which is understandable. Those that everything is working just fine tend to be more silent. I would be interested to know which company in Raleigh you work for since that is where I am and I would be more than happy to speak with your IT group to determine where they are seeing issues. Feel free to PM me.

As for being a resource intensive app, that is true. Not even going to try to deny that as it has been discussed at great length here on TC. With the new handhelds coming with more memory and with are development work at trying to reduce the footprint, we are working on trying to slim it down, but it is a Catch-22. Users want a smaller footprint, but more features. Trying to do both is a daunting task, but we are trying.
  9.    #9  
    they had to just update the server to push 4.8 and then all was well. Thanks everyone!
    undefined[QUOTE=michaelwma]I was running goodlink on my 650 w/o problems. My upgrade to the 700p has been nightmarish in getting GL to work.

I used OTA setup and it keeps wanting to do another installation process (over and over again ... like groundhog day)

I had the exact same problem. We are running many 650s w/o problems. Palm told me to call Sprint. Sprint told me to call Good. Sprint then gave me a new handset. I had the exact same problem (groung hog day). I got fed up and sent the unit back for a full refund. I am waiting until Good fixes it. Goodguy, you all have a problem with this release. The Sprint store I went to said I was the third guy in with the same complaint.
    Quote Originally Posted by bbossier
    [FONT=Times New Roman]undefined[/FONT

I had the exact same problem. We are running many 650s w/o problems. Palm told me to call Sprint. Sprint told me to call Good. Sprint then gave me a new handset. I had the exact same problem (groung hog day). I got fed up and sent the unit back for a full refund. I am waiting until Good fixes it. Goodguy, you all have a problem with this release. The Sprint store I went to said I was the third guy in with the same complaint.
    I support about 60 users. No problem with Goodlink on our 600's, 650's, or 700p's. I pushed out 4.8 two days ago. I would suggest either doing a hard reset or use FileZ to remove all GL remnants and try a new OTA install.
    Treo 700P (& GoodLink Administrator)
    Simpsonized
    The 700P requires version 4.8. The GoodLink Admin has to have 4.8 as the selected version for OTA.
    Works fine w/4.8. Thanks.