1.    #1  
    I have been a blackberry user for the past couple of years. Really no issues. I was an owner of the Treo 600 as well till it broke. I really like what I see in the 700P. I'm also on VZW. I'm in sales, so the phone quality is critical and email is as well. I do love my BB, but I really like what I see in the 700P, so here are some questions.

1) Treos has a rap of being buggy. Phone quality, resets etc. What are you seeing in the 700P regarding phone quality, resets during the day and overall issues with the device?

2) Battery life. What are you seeing during a day?

3) Email. Overall thoughts on the email client. I guess that you can tell Versamail to check email every 15 min. if you want. Remember, I'm checking 2 email accounts.

4) Can you present a PowerPoint presentation off of the 700P.

Any other thoughts that you might have or input. Remember, I'm a BB guy looking at coming to a 700P. Thanks!!!
    I have the same questions. So if anyone has come from a BB to a 700p and can share that would be great!
    Well i dont know if this will answer your questiong fully, but the 700p does have Docs to Go wich does include Powerpoint , i personally never opened up a powerpoint app. on the treo, and as for email you can set up many email accounts with Versamail, you can set it to check email 5,10,15,20 minutes up to hrs apart, now if you have an IMAP Email Account, you can use Chattermail, to get Push Email , kinda like the blackberry, it works in the background and i get my email faster on the Treo than i do on Outlook.
    Global Posts
    35 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Pingman
    I have been a blackberry user for the past couple of years. Really no issues. I was an owner of the Treo 600 as well till it broke. I really like what I see in the 700P. I'm also on VZW. I'm in sales, so the phone quality is critical and email is as well. I do love my BB, but I really like what I see in the 700P, so here are some questions.

1) Treos has a rap of being buggy. Phone quality, resets etc. What are you seeing in the 700P regarding phone quality, resets during the day and overall issues with the device?

2) Battery life. What are you seeing during a day?

3) Email. Overall thoughts on the email client. I guess that you can tell Versamail to check email every 15 min. if you want. Remember, I'm checking 2 email accounts.

4) Can you present a PowerPoint presentation off of the 700P.

Any other thoughts that you might have or input. Remember, I'm a BB guy looking at coming to a 700P. Thanks!!!
    I recently switched from a BB to a Treo 700P. I have used the following BBs

5790, 7750, 7250, 7290, 7100t, 7100g, 8700c, 7130e

1)Phone quality is fantastic. It smoke the BBs away. The only problem I have had with resets is after I installed Chattermail.

2)Battery life is the worst out of any device I have ever used. I am going to purchase a car charger and an extra batter (I did the same for my 7130e)

3)Coming from a BB i new I needed GoodLink for the wireless sync of email, contacts, notes, calendar etc. I am also using Verizon's Wireless E-mail Sync, I am not thrilled with it (VW). I wish I could find a push solution from my Smartermail server.

4) never tried

Overall I am quite happy with the switch. I like the ability to view files on the Treo. I did view Powerpoint but it was not an auto slide show.

Marc
    I came from using a Blackberry for e-mail and a separate phone for "phone."

Re. "bugginess": Like clockwork, it seems to need one soft reset per day. Thus, when I wake up first thing in the morning (when I switch the Treo from "vibrate only" and activate the ringer), I push the reset button, restart my Goodlink, and I'm good to go. (The whole thing takes about 30 seconds.) If you think of it as a mini-computer, rather than just a phone, you can be "psychologically" fine with this, as it's well worth it for all the other great stuff this device has and can do.

Also, the battery life does suck compared to the Blackberry-- Completely unscientifically (i.e., I've never run the batter all the way down), I'm guessing it's probably good for around 12-15 hours of continual e-mail sync. However, I'm getting a spare (larger battery), and have a charger at home and one in the office (actually, in the office I charge it via the USB cable), so this, too, has become a non-issue for me, relative to what this device can do.
    i too am a bb convert, and am currently using the 700p on verizon. I could not be happier. I use chatter in the push mode and have found it to be as reliable if not more so than the bb. I especially like the fact that those emails i do not need to save are immediately deleted from the desktop when i delete them on the palm. The best part for me are the number of third party apps that can run on the treo. This was my biggest complaint on the bb. the itinerary apps, notepad apps and web browsing is far superior in my opinion. I was also a former palm owner, and really missed my time away from it, but now that I have true push email, I am very happy to be back. Hope this helps.
    Quote Originally Posted by marcfogel
    2)Battery life is the worst out of any device I have ever used. I am going to purchase a car charger and an extra batter (I did the same for my 7130e)
    4-5 hours of active use for the CDNMA model. A GSM model would be expected to get 7.5 or so. Ya turn off push / or e-mail fetches and ya can go a week w/o a charge w/ GSM.....I have a 850 minute per month plan and use from 200-400 voice minutes a month....plus data usage which does not include any streaming stuff.

I would recommend against a car charger as fast type "quick-chargers" kill batteries. Better off buying a 12V -> 120 v converter and using the 120v charger that came w/ ya Treo....which will also save you from buying a car charger for all ya family's other devcies.
    I have not had any problems with my 1 year old 650 battery and a generic car charger.
    Is your generic charger a fast or quick charger ... or is it "current limiting" type ? Who makes it is not the problem. It's just that most of the cheapos sold in stores are the quick or rapid charge type which most battery FAQ's report as the cause of the problem. I once searched and found the FAQ web sites but a forum search this morning came up dry. These contain relevant info tho.

http://discussion.treocentral.com/sh...d.php?t=110916
    http://discussion.treocentral.com/sh...d.php?t=108007

Rather than a memory issue, the key issue is the charging rate......these rapid chargers often apply more current than the battery is designed to accept and that is what causes the problem. Only "current limiting" chargers should be used and since these carry a price premium, peeps are more likely to buy and store owners are more likely to stock the cheaper rapid charge type.