1.    #1  
    Does anyone know if you can play video off of the SD card. I am meaning video of an AVI/WMV file not the video from the built in camcorder. I did now know if I had to install Kinoma 3 or if there was something already installed. Also, what settings need to be used for these files? I read that streatming a WMV file needs it to be baseline. Thanks!
    Global Posts
    124 Global Posts
    i have been exporting videos for Quicktime in .MP4 format. Seems to work for me. I'm on a mac. Sure you could do the same with a PC.
    --Don
  3.    #3  
    Thanks for the (quick) response. What program do you use to browse to the file on the card and play it?
  4.    #4  
    Anyone?
    Quote Originally Posted by szelik
    Does anyone know if you can play video off of the SD card. I am meaning video of an AVI/WMV file not the video from the built in camcorder. I did now know if I had to install Kinoma 3 or if there was something already installed. Also, what settings need to be used for these files? I read that streatming a WMV file needs it to be baseline. Thanks!
    the program TCPMP should do the job, and its free.

http://tcpmp.corecodec.org/about
    I installed several mpeg vids directly onto my SD card via a card reader & Windows Explorer drag & drop. I use File ID in programs to navigate to the folder where the vids are, click on any given video and it plays. I haven't installed any 3rd party video player, so there must be an inherent player on the treo. No way to adjust volume though.
    Global Posts
    18 Global Posts
    I too, am trying to find something that can play WMV. TCMP will only play them with a windows device.