1.    #1  
    I'm sorry this is such a basic question, but it's bugging me. I just upgraded from the 600->700p and I noticed that in the Calendar application I can no longer see the week view with text of my appointments - just the grey bars indicating when I'm busy. Did they just remove that old view from the Calendar app? I loved it! Any way to get it back? Thanks in advance, sorry again for asking such a basic question...
    Astro - they removed that great week view even on the 650! In order to get it, I believe you have to get Date Book 5 or one of those programs. Just another great feature of the 600 that has been lost on subsequent Treos. I just don't understand why Palm removes the good parts of the 600!? The functionality of the 5-way rocker has also been removed on subsequent Treos.

Andrew
    Global Posts
    180 Global Posts
    The other thing I liked that was in the 600 but not in 650/700 was the list view in the calendar, that broke it down into a list separated by days.
    Quote Originally Posted by astro
    I'm sorry this is such a basic question, but it's bugging me. I just upgraded from the 600->700p and I noticed that in the Calendar application I can no longer see the week view with text of my appointments - just the grey bars indicating when I'm busy. Did they just remove that old view from the Calendar app? I loved it! Any way to get it back? Thanks in advance, sorry again for asking such a basic question...
    yes it is too bad about the week view being gone. if you want it now you have to use a 3rd party app. pimlico software makes a datebook replacement called datebk5 soon to be 6 which is great but if you do not need all that additional functionality they also sell a small program called weekly view which just gives you the week list view (pimlico were the people who made the calendar for the 600s). alternatively you could check out a program called 2day by shsh software. it is a calendar extension program that also gives you a weekly view.
    Last edited by cellmatrix; 06/03/2006 at 09:23 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by dbodner
    The other thing I liked that was in the 600 but not in 650/700 was the list view in the calendar, that broke it down into a list separated by days.
    yes that was part of the pimlico software too. Handspring was smart to include it on the 600, but Palm was dumb to remove it on the 650s. To get that now, you have to purchase datebk 4, 5 or 6.
    Quote Originally Posted by cellmatrix
    yes that was part of the pimlico software too. Handspring was smart to include it on the 600, but Palm was dumb to remove it on the 650s. To get that now, you have to purchase datebk 4, 5 or 6.
    Hi,

2day also gives you a week view, as well as a much enhanced "today" view (with plugins for weather, etc. and icons for radio, battery, unread emails,.....)
    Shimon Shnitzer
    Maker of TAKEphONE, 2day, 4cast, 2dial & CallCards -
    "Take telephony into your Palm"
    Web: http://www.shsh.com/products
    Blog: http://www.shsh.com/wordpress
    eMail: contact@shsh.com
    Check out Agendus for Palm; it's my favorite. I've used DateBook 5, which is nice, but I think Agendus (http://www.iambic.com) has it beat. The standard version works fine for me, as opposed to their "Pro" version.
    Speaking of basic calendar questions, anyone know how to prevent the Calendar utility from showing pop-up reminders? I get these on my hot-sync'd desktop and I don't need them on the Treo too!
    This may not be perfect, but if you click on the "grey box" it will pop-up what that event is........kinda like a 'tool-tip text pop up' in windows....hope that made sense lol......

-t
    Treo 700p -->> 755p
    I see the calendar's List View went away as well (not sure if that already happened on the 650 as I'm upgrading from a 600). I found that view very handy, especially for migrating upcoming events from an old Treo model to a new one when doing a fresh install of the new version of Palm Desktop with the new one.

Also, the Year View no longer highlights the dates where you have appointments scheduled, something I found very handy for scheduling vacations, etc.

And I guess they got rid of Floating Events with the 650 -- that was a feature I used very extensively.

Guess it's time to look into DateBk5.
    Quote Originally Posted by Treo, MD
    This may not be perfect, but if you click on the "grey box" it will pop-up what that event is........kinda like a 'tool-tip text pop up' in windows....hope that made sense lol......

-t
    Not really. Does this somehow prevent Calendar reminders?
    Quote Originally Posted by stuartr
    Not really. Does this somehow prevent Calendar reminders?
    When you are in your week view, and you see a grey box indicating an appointment, click on it with the sylus and it will "pop up" what that event is......its not perfect but at least u can see what apointments you have and remain in week view.........

-t
    Treo 700p -->> 755p
    Quote Originally Posted by Treo, MD
    When you are in your week view, and you see a grey box indicating an appointment, click on it with the sylus and it will "pop up" what that event is......its not perfect but at least u can see what apointments you have and remain in week view.........

-t
    Ah.. so what you're trying to tell me is that in Week view, no reminder alerts are sent???
    Quote Originally Posted by stuartr
    Ah.. so what you're trying to tell me is that in Week view, no reminder alerts are sent???
    No. He was answering the original question, not your question.

Not sure if there's a way to disable the calendar alarm popups. Probably there was a hack out there in the pre-OS-5 days (seems like there was a hack for everything, since the API hooking system was so straightforward and powerful), but not sure about now. Have you searched on the usual Palm software sites? I did a quick check in the options of DateBk6, which I'm currently evaluating (it's Beta, but it supports some new calendar DB features from the 700p which DateBk5 does not), and didn't see a way to disable them.