1.    #1  
    hi,

i have a question. on the 700w, when a user types in the name of user on the today screen, he expects to get an automatic search of that user, correct? However, isn't that search applying againt the pocket pc's contact list, not the goodlink's contact list? Is there a way to apply the search against the goodlink contact list?

thanks,
    moogoboo
    Quote Originally Posted by moogeboo
    hi,

i have a question. on the 700w, when a user types in the name of user on the today screen, he expects to get an automatic search of that user, correct? However, isn't that search applying againt the pocket pc's contact list, not the goodlink's contact list? Is there a way to apply the search against the goodlink contact list?

thanks,
    moogoboo
    Not if your running 4.8! Either downgrade back to 4.7 (not much better in my opinion) and use ActiveSync to synch your contacts over or move to Exchange 2003. Why Goodlink took away so much functionality from WM5 I have NO IDEA?. And why Micorosoft let's them get away with hobling the OS like that is beyond me....
    With all you really talented people out there, isn't there some sort of hack or something that will solve all our problems??? :-) My company just switched out our Treo 650s will this horrid 700w running Goodlink 4.8. It's awful. I want my old phone back!!!! What is the most effective way to dial a phone number stored in your contacts via the Today screen with 700w + Goodlink 4.8???????? Help!!!!!!!!!
    Anything with this?
    Global Posts
    148 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by JayGee View Post
    Anything with this?
    this is fixed in 4.9.2

the today screen lookup now searches the GL contacts for the 700w
    4.7 - Default Contacts and Messaging works as expected.
    4.8 - Default Contacts is useless but Messaging takes you to Goodlink
    4.9 - Default Contacts and Messaging take you to Goodlink

4.9.2, which is unstable on the 700w, doesn't really "fix" the problem, it locks in Goodlink instead of default contacts for lookups. There *has* to be some way to choose which of the two databases you want the Dial Lookup to use.

Same problem for Messsaging.

It might relate to this dll: DialLookupPlugin.dll
    It might relate to this registry key: "HKLM/Software/Microsoft/Today/Items/Dial Lookup"

Can some wicked developer jump in and save the day?

-Brit
    any of those versions let the user choose between the built-in contacts vs GL contacts?
    no, no choices. Or should I say the choice was made for me in each version.
    Global Posts
    23 Global Posts
    Not sure which version I had, but GL took over my WM5 phone. I was not allowed to use any contacts other than the corporate contacts. I have wasted a couple dozen hours trying to resolve this (forums, Cingular support, corporate IT support...etc) and finally, I reset my device (and again spent another set of countless hours reinstalling and re-customizing my device as it was before GL). I am now using the device's internet explorer to access our corporate email via "webmail" instead a little inconvenient, but at least I got my device back. Not sure how I am going to get compensated for conducting the extensive QA activity for Goodlink.
    All, although there are no solutions to this yet from Good there are a lot of threads regarding this issue. Serach through some of these and see the workarounds that others are employing.